BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-24-2011, 01:50 AM   #45
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercar Ace View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerbeast View Post
MAybe a Five guys North Ridge run?
Perhaps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPFREAK View Post
Sounds good I will plan on being there.
Let's do it, or another place that you may know of or have in mind.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 02:24 AM   #46
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

I know through moorpark into filmore can be a fun drive, but it may be a bit far for some. If you go out the 118 and exit Los Angeles or the old 118 road as it is known you can take that up into the farms and those roads are pretty nice and so is the scenery. Everyone seems to do the Malibu run and it is always pretty busy and PCH sucks for traffic and too many cops. You can do a loop going out to moorpark up to filmore then cut across to Santa Clarita and back to the valley. Most likely the traffic will be light and that entire area has some nice land to drive through.

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 03:43 AM   #47
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 M3 Coupe LSB

Quote:
There's a def a few place we can go...I'll see who's available to hang. Problem is the 818 is so massive it's hard to get guys out to the far parts of the valley sometimes...But we haven't been to Northridge in a while...could be fun!

Quote:
I know through moorpark into filmore can be a fun drive, but it may be a bit far for some. If you go out the 118 and exit Los Angeles or the old 118 road as it is known you can take that up into the farms and those roads are pretty nice and so is the scenery. Everyone seems to do the Malibu run and it is always pretty busy and PCH sucks for traffic and too many cops. You can do a loop going out to moorpark up to filmore then cut across to Santa Clarita and back to the valley. Most likely the traffic will be light and that entire area has some nice land to drive through.
The Malibu PCH route is great in the mornings or if you take Mulholland west of Kanan to PCH since no one is ever on that road. The main reason for it is most guys are on the south side of the valley so it's much closer than going all the way north into Santa Clarita. We def need to do a run out there on day...Angeles Crest is another great spot but it's too patrolled and they are very ticket happy up there, which doesn't make for a fun drive.

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2011, 01:09 PM   #48
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
There's a def a few place we can go...I'll see who's available to hang. Problem is the 818 is so massive it's hard to get guys out to the far parts of the valley sometimes...But we haven't been to Northridge in a while...could be fun!

The Malibu PCH route is great in the mornings or if you take Mulholland west of Kanan to PCH since no one is ever on that road. The main reason for it is most guys are on the south side of the valley so it's much closer than going all the way north into Santa Clarita. We def need to do a run out there on day...Angeles Crest is another great spot but it's too patrolled and they are very ticket happy up there, which doesn't make for a fun drive.
Ya I guess it would have to be in the morning on a weekend. There are not very many places to go that are not going to be filled with cops anymore. the back area through Moorpark isnt but it is far most.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #49
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Merry Christmas guys!!! Hope to see everyone this week...

Last edited by Powerbeast; 12-26-2011 at 08:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 02:18 PM   #50
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ya I guess it would have to be in the morning on a weekend. There are not very many places to go that are not going to be filled with cops anymore. the back area through Moorpark isnt but it is far most.
Yeah, as Jeremy Clarkson said in Forza 4, "We are an endangered species, you and I. Lovers of speed."

Quote:
Merry Christmas guy!!! Hope to see everyone this week...
///Merry Christ///Mas guys!!!

Appreciate 0
      12-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #51
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Merry christmas everybody, I can't wait to head out to the cruise and meet you guys. You are all literally my neighbors!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 03:00 AM   #52
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Jeremy has said many Brillant things hasn't he?lol Oh how did you post that sig pic? I tried to post one the same size but it says failed due to file size.

Quote:
Yeah, as Jeremy Clarkson said in Forza 4, "We are an endangered species, you and I. Lovers of speed."

///Merry Christ///Mas guys!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 04:25 PM   #53
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
Merry christmas everybody, I can't wait to head out to the cruise and meet you guys. You are all literally my neighbors!
Same buddy!

Quote:
Jeremy has said many Brillant things hasn't he?lol Oh how did you post that sig pic? I tried to post one the same size but it says failed due to file size.
I just re-sized the pic in MS paint to make it small and uploaded it....was the easiest way. Save it as a jpeg.

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 07:45 PM   #54
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I tried resizing it but it loses all quality and yours looks normal in that size. My car ends up looking all compressed.

Quote:
Same buddy!

I just re-sized the pic in MS paint to make it small and uploaded it....was the easiest way. Save it as a jpeg.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 08:11 PM   #55
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I tried resizing it but it loses all quality and yours looks normal in that size. My car ends up looking all compressed.
What I did was start with the full rez pic (which is about 3000x2000 pixels) and scaled it down by about 35%. Kept the quality up and it looks pretty good. If you want post a pic of your car for your sig and I'll resize it for you

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2011, 08:35 PM   #56
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

We doing a meet up this week?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 12:22 AM   #57
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Tried and as you can see it is still not working right. Keeps cutting off the bottom.
      12-27-2011, 12:45 AM   #58
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
We doing a meet up this week?
Hmmm...a bit of a crazy week for me but we could so meet I suppose. What where you thinking?

Quote:
Tried and as you can see it is still not working right. Keeps cutting off the bottom.
Yeah not sure why this particular forum does that...It'll work fine on all other forums though.

Appreciate 0
      12-27-2011, 11:48 PM   #59
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep

New Year's Day Drive

Sunday January 1st, 9:30am. Location: Topanga Promenade North East Lot (Erwin & Owensmouth by Macy's)

Meet here at 9:30am, then we can cruise to lunch at 10m or so.

Duke's Malibu

It's going to be 2012!!! Let's start the year off right with a New Year's Day Drive! We're going to be taking a nice long drive throughout the Malibu Canyons so try not to have too much fun the night before If you plan on grabbing lunch with us, please bring cash as parking at Duke's is $3 I believe. Looks like the weather is going to be nice and clear so let's welcome 2012 in the way we know best: with a drive!

Meet Here: Topanga Promenade by Macy's (Google Maps)

Destination: Duke's Malibu (Google Maps)

The plan:
1. Meet up
2. Responsible cruising
3. Eating and good times!
4. Plan the next meet!

If anyone wants to just meet us directly at the restaurant, then please do the more the merrier! We should be getting there at around 11ish. Spread the word all auto enthusiasts are welcome!

Feel free to call me if you plan to come but may run late.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 01:27 AM   #60
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

10AM January 1st? I don't know about you but a lot of people party till 10AM.... HAve Fun guys... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I just think it sounds like a hard one to make that day.... You don't want to host a meet this coming Thursday?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 02:50 AM   #61
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
10AM January 1st? I don't know about you but a lot of people party till 10AM.... HAve Fun guys... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I just think it sounds like a hard one to make that day.... You don't want to host a meet this coming Thursday?
Ha yeah it's a tough sell but the roads are empty at that time which makes for an epic drive Usually not too many show up, but it's still fun none the less...plus I'm still open to doing another run later in the day.

As for this Thursday I can't make it out, but if you want to set something up please feel free to use this thread to do it! I made this thread so any 818 meets could be setup here, it doesn't have to be setup by just me

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 10:47 AM   #62
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ha yeah it's a tough sell but the roads are empty at that time which makes for an epic drive Usually not too many show up, but it's still fun none the less...plus I'm still open to doing another run later in the day.

As for this Thursday I can't make it out, but if you want to set something up please feel free to use this thread to do it! I made this thread so any 818 meets could be setup here, it doesn't have to be setup by just me
Thanks man I appreciate that. The New Years drive does sound pretty nice but I'm thinking I won't be able to attend and it's my birthday New Years Day so its gonna be a toughy.

If there are any people interested in meeting up tomorrow night please post here. We can meet at Topanga near Macy's as you guys always do and hit up a good burger spot or something. Let's see if there are any interests.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #63
Minicorsa
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 DCT M3, 04 MCS, 76 2002

Hello new to the forums, I'd be down for tomorrow night
Danny
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #64
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicorsa View Post
Danny
Wtup bro,we met yesterday at Coco's shop. Im the one with the AW 1M
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 09:27 PM   #65
Supercar Ace
Jedi Ninja
United_States
Rep

Be sure to post up a time and destination, some people like to meet up at the place. Also on the small chance I'm freed up I may swing by to say high

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #66
Minicorsa
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 DCT M3, 04 MCS, 76 2002

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicorsa View Post
Danny
Wtup bro,we met yesterday at Coco's shop. Im the one with the AW 1M
Sup man how you liking the exhaust sounded sick can't wait to hear it broken in
I'm usually free by 8 and live in reseda if you guys wanna set up a meet I'm down especially if we're havin burgers after
Appreciate 0