BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-22-2010, 03:02 AM   #23
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
hmm, i left it on for a good few mins.
use my nail??? that will take me years! but if its the only way....
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2010, 04:56 AM   #24
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Hmmm, they are tough I think....

Those dots the tar remover never fails me...
      05-22-2010, 06:35 AM   #25
dubdemand
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 Individual

I get rid of them with every 3rd or 4th wash. Too much of a PITA to do it every time!
      07-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #26
melbv
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 135i coupe

Thread Revival

When i bought my AW 135 few months ago, i do notice these back dots (tar?) or yellow dots (sap?) mainly at the rear of the car....
i have given it a good detailing, wash-clay-polish-wax.... and most of the dots are cleaned out...
However, everytime i wash my car again, these black/yellow dots are sure appearing again... i think i can wash them off and sometimes need to clay,polish,wax again.. but i want a long term solution...

SO.... i am thinking to drop this car to FINAL INSPECTION for their paint protection which i understand its a really durable sealant and long lasting.. i have a few mates' car done by Damien from FI and they are all pretty happy but none of them are white cars...

Has anyone driving AW beemers and have went for Final Inspection for the paint protection? Will this prevent the tar or sap appearing anymore? i know their detailing work is one of the best but will this solve the problem?
i dont expect my car to be pristine, but these little black dots are driving me crazy too!!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #27
Smiley1175
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by melbv View Post

Has anyone driving AW beemers and have went for Final Inspection for the paint protection?
Yes, Alpine took his white 1M there, that's how I discovered FI.

No idea whether FMJ helps with these black spots, just give Damien a call, he'd know best.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #28
SfValley335i
Colonel
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Current:135i Sold:335i sedan

Quote:
When i bought my AW 135 few months ago, i do notice these back dots (tar?) or yellow dots (sap?) mainly at the rear of the car....
i have given it a good detailing, wash-clay-polish-wax.... and most of the dots are cleaned out...
However, everytime i wash my car again, these black/yellow dots are sure appearing again... i think i can wash them off and sometimes need to clay,polish,wax again.. but i want a long term solution...

SO.... i am thinking to drop this car to FINAL INSPECTION for their paint protection which i understand its a really durable sealant and long lasting.. i have a few mates' car done by Damien from FI and they are all pretty happy but none of them are white cars...

Has anyone driving AW beemers and have went for Final Inspection for the paint protection? Will this prevent the tar or sap appearing anymore? i know their detailing work is one of the best but will this solve the problem?
i dont expect my car to be pristine, but these little black dots are driving me crazy too!!

Those spots your referring to are from brake dust. Google it. Particles from the brake pad from a car infront of you flys up and impregnates into your paint, burning into it...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #29
1MOz
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M AW & F15X5 40d & M2C HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I think I will apply some 3m film to those wheel areas on my car soon.
+1. I've got it on mine and nothing stick to it.
      07-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #30
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:

I've used Hard Body all over my paint but I don't think anything it will completely stop the paint contamination unfortunately. It will help slow down the build up but it won't get rid of it completely.

Best way is to use a claybar to remove it and use a type of nano sealant every now and then.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #31
melbv
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 135i coupe

i read about those 3m clear films and have seen people doing it on front of car.... but didnt like the look...

i understand these dots might be from brake dust, exhaust tar and daily driving usage but i am just wondering the paint protection like Opticoat, CQuartz, Metaljack etc doesnt completely stop the paint contamination, what is a good solution?

its quite time consuming if i have to clay+polish+wax that often...

i already booked in to FI for their paint protection.... i am sure it will be much easier to wash and clean after... but just hope it helps without me claying again and again...

Any AW owners, please give me some more tips
Appreciate 0