BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-15-2015, 04:11 AM   #1
1BimmerNut
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i then 130i now F20-125

AUST M2 Pricing announced

Pure Version 89k with all the fruit another 10k or so

The price of entry into BMW’s M range has just dropped significantly. BMW has announced today that the new M2 will land Down Under for as little as $89,900.

http://www.motormag.com.au/news/1512...cing-revealed/
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 07:18 AM   #2
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
I was a little surprised to see the price so low. I'd definately go the Pure edition rather than DCT. Who's got one on order?
      12-15-2015, 09:05 AM   #3
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Me. And we've been talking about this for two weeks now. You guys need to read Ausmotive.com!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #4
dancinsteve
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M VO

It's a good price, I think. When the car was announced I was expecting $110k or so. This definitely makes it worth thinking about the move from a 1M.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 03:11 PM   #5
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

The guys with stupid high prices on their 1M's have next to no chance now of selling them surely ...

I dare say the Pure is going to be popular!?!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 03:29 PM   #6
dancinsteve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL
The guys with stupid high prices on their 1M's have next to no chance now of selling them surely ...

I dare say the Pure is going to be popular!?!
I edited my post to include "thinking about" because I think the 1M and M2 are different enough for people to have a hard time choosing.

I don't think 1M prices will come off because of the M2. I do think some of the 1Ms for sale are over priced already, though.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 05:14 PM   #7
PeteA
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: E30, E82

The hardest part about the M2 is picking if you get a manual or a DCT on the regular M2.

The pure in my eyes misses too many features and if you really cared about a stripper model for all out speed, you would probably get a DCT.....which is not available in the Pure.

I've ordered a M2 Std and optioned in the 6MT, but I may change my mind. Still deciding but I like the fact that the other german brands dont have a manual to compete and that makes the M2 unique in its category.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #8
kaitan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: The Dark Side VAG TDI Biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinsteve View Post
I edited my post to include "thinking about" because I think the 1M and M2 are different enough for people to have a hard time choosing.

I don't think 1M prices will come off because of the M2. I do think some of the 1Ms for sale are over priced already, though.
"You tell them son"

I think you are right, the F series vs the E series are two different cars. Having said that people who just love the current best thing will definitely upgrade to the M2 which will make the 1M prices drop abit but I doubt it will affect it that much.

Will be the same as the M3 E9x vs the F8x M3/4, was told by dealers that people are trading the F8x in because they are not as connected as the predecessor. But no doubt that the car is a better car. People that bought the 1st batch F8x M are hit by the big depreciation and also the fact that BMW reduce the price by almost $10k I believe.
Now: BMW X5 F15 M50d
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 07:14 PM   #9
dancinsteve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan
Quote:

"You tell them son"

I think you are right, the F series vs the E series are two different cars. Having said that people who just love the current best thing will definitely upgrade to the M2 which will make the 1M prices drop abit but I doubt it will affect it that much.

Will be the same as the M3 E9x vs the F8x M3/4, was told by dealers that people are trading the F8x in because they are not as connected as the predecessor. But no doubt that the car is a better car. People that bought the 1st batch F8x M are hit by the big depreciation and also the fact that BMW reduce the price by almost $10k I believe.
The only difference is there are a lot less 1M than e9x M3 in Australia. Which might help keep prices higher.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 10:35 PM   #10
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancinsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaitan
Quote:

"You tell them son"

The only difference is there are a lot less 1M than e9x M3 in Australia. Which might help keep prices higher.
There are still 300 1Ms in aus, too many for them to be that special.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 11:34 PM   #11
Ghent
Topless Speed
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i M Sport Convertible

I am on the "waiting" list for an M2 but my mind still isn't made up. I want to see it in person

I would love a manual but with bad knees it just isn't a reality any longer
Quafle LSD 3.46
Appreciate 1