BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #23
ForestNorth
Rep
Drives:

Talking

My dealer just called me. The Car is being unloaded of the truck. I don't know how I am going to work the rest of today!!!!!!!!
The clock has never been slower. :biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #24
alexp1_tx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Lucky U Mine will be here in a couple of weeks. How long did it take from port arrivel to Dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 09:16 AM   #25
ForestNorth
Rep
Drives:

Hey guys,
I got my car last night. I will post pics later. The ship arrived in Friday, May 9th, and I got my car last night, May 14. So that was 5 days only. Pretty good. The car is beautiful. I had people checking it out as I was driving up 59 the whole way home. I love that I can just tap the accelerator and fly by any car driving.
My dealer told me Break in is 500miles not to exceed 5500rpm. And first oil change is 15000miles. I want to know if that is what others are hearing also.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 11:37 AM   #26
imported_Patricia
Rep
Drives:

Forest North:

Did your dealer indicate whether the car arrived at the Port of Houston, or some other port then trucked to Houston? Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 12:59 PM   #27
whiplash
Private No Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestNorth View Post
Hey guys,
I got my car last night. I will post pics later. The ship arrived in Friday, May 9th, and I got my car last night, May 14. So that was 5 days only. Pretty good. The car is beautiful. I had people checking it out as I was driving up 59 the whole way home. I love that I can just tap the accelerator and fly by any car driving.
My dealer told me Break in is 500miles not to exceed 5500rpm. And first oil change is 15000miles. I want to know if that is what others are hearing also.
Congratulations!!

Your dealer is definitely giving you different break-in information than most people got!? When I picked mine up at the Performance Center, they were very explicit about a 1200 mile break-in, not to exceed 4500 RPM or 110 MPH, not to use the cruise control during that time and try to vary the engine speed as much as possible during break-in.

The 15000 mile oil change is your first free 'scheduled' oil change but I went ahead and had mine done at 1200 miles. I think I'll probably do it every 7500 or so...15000 just seems to too long an interval, even for synthetic oil.

Dan in Houston / CCA # 93849
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 01:23 PM   #28
ForestNorth
Rep
Drives:

My car came on the EMDEN to South Carolina, and then was trucked to Houston. He had said he is supposed to day about 7 days, but he says usually it arrives in about 5.

I am going to follow the 1200 mile break in, better safe than sorry. If I wait the full 15,000 miles do you think I will have more problems with the car in a few years. How long has BMW been recommending the oil change after so long? How much does a BMW oil change cost anyway?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #29
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

My car is swimming right now, should be in SC on May 22. I'm hoping to have it late May/early June.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 09:25 AM   #30
whiplash
Private No Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForestNorth View Post
I am going to follow the 1200 mile break in, better safe than sorry. If I wait the full 15,000 miles do you think I will have more problems with the car in a few years. How long has BMW been recommending the oil change after so long? How much does a BMW oil change cost anyway?
BMW went to the 15,000 mile oil change interval right after they started including oil changes in the free maintenance program. What's interesting is that they DO still recommend a 1200 mile oil change for all the M cars? Go figure...

It's really hard to predict whether it would result in problems down the road but my reasoning is, why take the chance? BMW just needs to make sure the car survives for it's 4 year warranty. I plan to keep it much longer than that so I'm probably being overly-cautious.

I took mine into Houston North for the 1200 mile oil change and with my BMW CCA discount, it was $100. My plan is to get oil changes every 7500 miles but then, I probably drive a little harder than most (autocross, track days, etc...). If you don't drive really aggressively, you may be fine with the 15K interval. If you like to 'get on it' though...15K may be a bit too long.

Dan

Dan in Houston / CCA # 93849
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 11:16 AM   #31
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

I agree with Dan. I will be getting a 1500-2000 mile oil change myself. What can it hurt?
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 11:44 AM   #32
alexp1_tx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Katera, what ship are you on? I'm on the Patriot and should be in port on 5/17.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2008, 01:04 PM   #33
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexp1_tx View Post
Katera, what ship are you on? I'm on the Patriot and should be in port on 5/17.

I'm on the Sierra Nevada Highway, K-line. She is scheduled to hit SC on May 23rd. I'm hoping to have the car about a week after that?
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #34
imported_Patricia
Rep
Drives:

Katera:
Just received word from my dealership that my car was placed on a ship yesterday, the Integrity, and is due to arrive Jun7 in Charleston. Then it's about 2 more weeks of waiting. You will have had your car a long time by then, lucky you!
Patricia
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 05:08 PM   #35
alexp1_tx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Hi Patrica! Mine is at the VDC and waiting for it to be transported to the dealership next week. Im sad wanted it for the holiday weekend
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #36
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

My car got to the VPC and is scheduled to get to BMW Houston North next Wednesday...Woot!

Oh baby!
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2008, 05:14 PM   #37
alexp1_tx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Then I guess thats when mine is coming in to, what time are you going to the dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 09:56 AM   #38
RedVert135
United_States
Rep
Drives: Crimson E88 MT Sport

Work in Hou

Mine is awaiting transport.
SSTT + UUC Short Shifter + RK6-L Knob
CDV Delete + Stubby Antenna
Unspecified LW Wheels & Tires
Valentine One or Bel STi

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #39
imported_Patricia
Rep
Drives:

question for 1ers who will get their cars soon

I'm wondering how much examination, if any, you fellows plan to do before accepting your cars. I've seen notices at various places on this site that some people take time-dated photos and other measures to show that any problems existed prior to final acceptance. Do you feel that these sorts of precautions are necessary?

Years ago while vacationing in Europe I had purchased a TR-3, which was subsequently shipped to Houston. It arrived with a fine sprinkling of black particulate matter from the diesel exhaust, which was very difficult to remove. Of course, I would expect the dealer to handle this, but what sort of other problems should be anticipated. Any ideas would be helpful.

Patricia
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 08:58 PM   #40
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

It's a good question Patricia. We talked about this on some other threads a while back. Honestly, it's up to you what you can stand. I am *very* particular when I pay MSRP and wait 2 months for a car.

I just got a call today and my car made it out of dealer prep and is released to the truck for Houston. I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

I will be bringing my camera, checking for dents scratches, making sure everything works. My dealer has very specific instructions NOT to wax the car. Only wash it, as they generally use crappy wax and do a poor job. Also, I want to see what the paint looks like without wax so I have an idea of what I am starting with. I plan to wash, clay bar, paint seal and apply 2 additional coats of Best of Show wax. All from Griots. I'm getting Jet Black so it's gonna take some Love :wub:.

Just remember, until you sign for the car it is not yours. I would never accept a car that had a scratch requiring a fender to be repainted. Ever. That repaint can be picked up with a paint thickness meter and instantly bottoms out the price of your car on resale.

After I get my 135i Vert I will post pictures and discuss how it went.
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 10:46 AM   #41
imported_Patricia
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katera View Post
It's a good question Patricia. We talked about this on some other threads a while back. Honestly, it's up to you what you can stand. I am *very* particular when I pay MSRP and wait 2 months for a car.

I just got a call today and my car made it out of dealer prep and is released to the truck for Houston. I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.

I will be bringing my camera, checking for dents scratches, making sure everything works. My dealer has very specific instructions NOT to wax the car. Only wash it, as they generally use crappy wax and do a poor job. Also, I want to see what the paint looks like without wax so I have an idea of what I am starting with. I plan to wash, clay bar, paint seal and apply 2 additional coats of Best of Show wax. All from Griots. I'm getting Jet Black so it's gonna take some Love :wub:.

Just remember, until you sign for the car it is not yours. I would never accept a car that had a scratch requiring a fender to be repainted. Ever. That repaint can be picked up with a paint thickness meter and instantly bottoms out the price of your car on resale.

After I get my 135i Vert I will post pictures and discuss how it went.
Katera:
Your advice is the best! Thanks a lot.
Patricia
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 02:41 AM   #42
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Got my car, mostly everything went ok. Some minor causmtic things, but nothing that would be a deal breaker. I did want to post that I went down to get my Tint and Clear bra put on...do NOT use Invisashield/Clear Tech / Steve Perez in Houston. He did not have a kit that fit my 1 so he tried to cut multiple pieces and put them on. It looked aweful and worst of all had huge gaps of NO protection..right on the front of the bumper. Unreal. Someone else did the tint and that seemed to come out well. Whatever you do though stay clear of that guy...

I just finished detailing her and am totally beat <2am>, I will post pictures tomorrow. I will say this...I am stunned by how awesome the car really is and just how incredible it looks after detail.
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 02:42 PM   #43
sandy198423
Private
Rep
Drives:

I ordered mine

Aey guys add me to the list of 1ers. Congrats Katera. I ordered mine this Tuesday. My dealer was BMW West. I got a discount of $1000 on MSRP with free tint, gas, and mats. My configuration consists pretty much everything except active steering and cold weather package. Katera did you do the performance center delivery. I don't understand whats that about? The dealer told me I will probably receive mine in two months. Congrats once again.

Thanks
Kart
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #44
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy198423 View Post
Aey guys add me to the list of 1ers. Congrats Katera. I ordered mine this Tuesday. My dealer was BMW West. I got a discount of $1000 on MSRP with free tint, gas, and mats. My configuration consists pretty much everything except active steering and cold weather package. Katera did you do the performance center delivery. I don't understand whats that about? The dealer told me I will probably receive mine in two months. Congrats once again.

Thanks
Kart

No I picked it up at the dealer. I pretty much paid MSRP - mats and the such, but I ordered awhile ago so they were all MSRP back then pretty much. I love the car, believe it is the best Price to Performance ratio in existence at this time. I am uploading my first pics now...will add link in a few.
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]