ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Released to carrier

As of October 6th, my car was showing as "Released to carrier"

This means a few things.

1.) That my car is finally built!! Somewhere out there is my 1M with all of the little options I've ticked. It's nice to know that it's now a proper breathing car rather than a pile of parts waiting to be assembled.

2.) That my car could turn up at my dealers this week!! Delivery I'm told could be anytime from Wednesday this week! Now I know this means that I'm not going to collect the car this week, but if it turns up earlier in the week, I just might make a weekend collection. However more realistically it's going to come next week.

It's a strange feeling after more than 4 months that next week, I could be sat behind the wheel of my very own 1M.

I'm trying to not get too excited as I've become accustomed to delays all the way along this process, but I think I could be very close now to getting my mini beast.

Can't wait!!

(oh one final completely random question, for those of you with manual seats, can you adjust the side bolsters to grip you more? I ask as my friends 135i allows you to adjust them and I prefer the more snug hug ).
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 04:13 AM   #2
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
side bolsters are adjustable on manual seats

hopefully there will be good weather when your car arrives - i had to wait for 3 days to start detailing!

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Hey Chris,

I found out that mind was "Released to carrier" on 7th June and it arrived at the dealers on 14th. It was PDI-ed and ready for collection on the 17th but couldn't make the Friday so I collected it on Saturday 18th!

Like I said, once it was released to carried, I was driving it in 11 days!

I would look at the weather forecast and pick it up on the sunniest looking day! As soon as I drove mine out the showroom it started to rain!

Yes, the side bolsters are adjustable. Feature of the sports seats I believe, rocker switch on front of seat corner. Had them in my E91 330D M Sport too.

Happy days!
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 05:35 AM   #4
ChrisBuer
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW

Happy days indeed

Well, I'll hopefully find out what the situation is over the next few days as to when it might arrive. You never know, I may still get it for this weekend

Looking at your delivery timescale Mark (and I know they are not all the same), but if it was released to carrier on the 6th October, it could be at my dealers for the 13th. I've been told PDI can take 2-3 days, so unless they start it immediately, then it probably won't be ready for the weekend. However I may be in a position to collect on Sunday if they are quick.

Failing that, I've got next week booked off work, so I could be collecting Monday / Tuesday if I'm lucky. Put it this way, I'd be a very happy man if someone told me that I'm going to be behind the wheel of my car this time next week!!

We'll see
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 01:48 PM   #5
npg
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 (sold)

Congrats on your news chris,my dealer says he is waiting for system to update still says car in production can't understand why taking so long for an update may ring again tomorrow.
Appreciate 0