BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-17-2012, 01:53 PM   #1
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

G-power 1M coupe with 435 HP

G-POWER 1M Coupé with 435 hp: After the power output enhancement by G-POWER the BMW 1M Coupé is now at eye-level with its big brother the BMW M3

Link - http://www.g-power.de/391.html?&L=1&tx_ttnews

It is not just the "M" in the name of the BMW 1M Coupé that identifies it as a member of the “M-Family” it is the design, as well. The BMW 1M Coupé is closely related to its bigger brother the BMW M3 with which it shares the same front and real axles. Unfortunately when it comes to the power output figures the BMW 1M Coupé does not play in the same league with the rest of the family. Help is coming from G-POWER with its latest package for the youngest member of the M-Family.

The G-POWER program for the BMW 1M Coupé covers all key components that let it join up with the other M-Models. Thereby the G-POWER engineering department has used the know-how gained from the development of the G-POWER supercharger systems on the BMW 3.0l straight six cylinder engine. After all the ASA supercharger used by G-POWER for its supercharger systems is conceptual closely related to the turbocharger used by BMW, since both variants use a centrifugal compressor to build up boost.

Based on this know-how G-POWER has put together a performance package for the BMW 1M Coupé, which goes well beyond all electronic performance output enhancements available on the market, and covers hardware components that are directly and indirectly related to the forced induction. It starts with flow optimized downpipes to reduce the exhaust gas temperature and an enlarged capacity for the boost cooling system so that the operating temperature of the engine is kept at an output optimal level under all circumstances.

Exhaust sides a complete exhaust system made from Titanium with 4 Carbon or Titanium tail pipes provides for a sporty sound, which can be enhanced up to racing level by a wireless control switch. At the same time the use of the ultra light material Titanium enables a weight reduction compared to the stock exhaust system by approx. 20 kg.

The G-POWER power output enhancement is completed by a custom-made engine software that, taking into account the hardware modifications and the individual product variance, defines new parameters for the fuel amount and ignition timing; in addition the boost level is slightly raised.

All the G-POWER engine modifications for the BMW 1M Coupé add up to a power output enhancement from 340 hp / 500 Nm to 435 hp / 590 Nm. So the G-POWER 1M Coupé surpasses its bigger brother the M3 by 15 hp and a giant 195 Nm of torque. Prepared like this the G-POWER 1M Coupé propels itself from stand still to 100 km/h in just 4.5 seconds and the top speed is reached at 300 km/h.

Concerning the suspension at first one will notice the 20 inch G-POWER SILVERSTONE SILVERSTONE wheels, wrapped with tyres from the G-POWER’s technology partner MICHELIN in the dimensions 255/30 ZR 20 and 295/25 ZR 20. The double spokes, typical for the G-POWER design, highlight the spectacular design of the BMW 1M Coupé. Further improvement of the road handling is realized through the continuously height-adjustable G-POWER coil-over suspension GM1-RS with nine selectable settings each for bound and rebound.

Of course the negative acceleration is in the focus of G-POWER, as well. The perfect cure against the fading effect is a G-POWER Braking System. With its up to six brake pistons and up to 396 mm brake disc diameter, the G-POWER Braking System enables a substantially higher brake force than the standard braking system. At the same time, the heat generated due to the braking process can be dissipated more effectively. The G-POWER brake package is completed by brake pads with a larger pad area, higher friction rate as well as metal-coated brake lines. With this set-up, the G-POWER Braking System always provides maximum brake force and the braking point remains precise in any case. In addition the G-POWER ceramic braking system reduces the unsprung mass by 50% percent, compared to a system with steel brake discs. Accordingly the cornering and road handling is improved significantly.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
M3 Piotr
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 Frozen Black F87 M2 LBB

Garage List
Gotta say..pretty impresive numbers.

Follow me on Insta: M3Piotr
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

396mm!!! Even bigger than the one I am getting!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #4
Em/1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
What is with the accent aigu nonsense; this is not a French car!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #5
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

If it reaches 0-100 km/h in "just" 4.5 sec it is not really that impressive, is it? Almost all the stock cars were tested between 4.6 to 4.7 sec by various magazines and any stock 1M with just more sticky rubber like the Michelin PSS would easily make that 4.5 after some proper break-in.

My guess is either this new tuned car is not even really tested and these numbers are just dropped in thinking that they would fit or it has some (worse than stock) traction issues due to superior but not usable power which is not well administrated till higher road speeds and gears.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
VO 1M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

strange tire set-up (255-295), und why 20"!?! heavy and not much tirewall left.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
bdaddylo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em/1 View Post
What is with the accent aigu nonsense; this is not a French car!
That's correct spelling. It's not an American car either.

1991 E30 M3/Brilliantrot
2017 F80 M3/AW
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 12:25 AM   #8
LeMansM5
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VO 1M View Post
strange tire set-up (255-295), und why 20"!?! heavy and not much tirewall left.
Maybe because of the 396 mm brake disc or to fill the gap of 20" wheels.
That's actually the size of rear brakes on F10 M5.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:12 AM   #9
Powerbeast
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 RarriRot

Very cool I would ditch those wheels though.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 01:38 AM   #10
VO 1M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMansM5 View Post
Maybe because of the 396 mm brake disc or to fill the gap of 20" wheels.
That's actually the size of rear brakes on F10 M5.
sure, but that size of brake disc on a 1M Size matters for sure, but not always
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 03:46 AM   #11
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

1M with G-Power package

1M with G-Power package: http://www.studentnews.ie/bmw-1-seri...reatment-6349/
      09-05-2012, 06:34 AM   #12
Ky1M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Z3-M///Coupe ,AW1M

Nice find Artemis , looks like all it needs is the bump in the hood. Awesome power!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 11:21 AM   #13
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Anyone else find it funny how they "reduce unsprung weight" weight expensive ceramic brakes, then add giant 20" wheels on? Lol!
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
sergeremi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
If it reaches 0-100 km/h in "just" 4.5 sec it is not really that impressive, is it? Almost all the stock cars were tested between 4.6 to 4.7 sec by various magazines and any stock 1M with just more sticky rubber like the Michelin PSS would easily make that 4.5 after some proper break-in.

My guess is either this new tuned car is not even really tested and these numbers are just dropped in thinking that they would fit or it has some (worse than stock) traction issues due to superior but not usable power which is not well administrated till higher road speeds and gears.
Yeah, I mean what's the point of all that extra power if you can't use it effectively. I guess if one was mostly interested in top end speed... well, wouldn't that necessitate a different car?
      09-05-2012, 07:20 PM   #15
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
Yeah, I mean what's the point of all that extra power if you can't use it effectively. I guess if one was mostly interested in top end speed... well, wouldn't that necessitate a different car?
Definitely a different car with different drag coeficient. I would also wish for a different country (named Germany) with roads like Autobahn, then OK give me much more power

A stock 1M can reach to 280 km/h top speed or almost (that's what Alpha N says not just me, they have a price for removing the speed limiter and they claim the unlimited car reaches 280 km/h), that is the same top speed of a Cayman R or a TT RS coupe; and I myself still had plenty to go when I once reached 270 (under perfect conditions other than the wife at the passenger seat who asked me to slow down, not to mention that she added some extra weight to the car as well, thank you God she doesn't check this Forum!) so I sincerely feel that it is more than enough top speed around where I live for now. If I start living in Germany in the future I am going to consider a tune and other supporting upgrades, not before.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #16
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeremi View Post
Better: "Yeah, I mean what's the point of all that extra power if you can't use it safely."

Take the 1M to the Autobahn in appropriate weather conditions and safe road conditions, push the N54 to the limit on a desolate straight line and check whether you still feel comfortable once you pass 240 km/h. Close to top speed, hesitation kicks in: the 1M might give you some sort of "Hm, do I trust it ?" feeling. Been there, done that (and slowed down ). It's very subjective, I know, but I got less restraint in going all the way with my former M3. Probably it's only between the ears: we know the 1M is the most compact ///M car and a tail happy snapper - power overkill could kill.
      09-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #17
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Better: "Yeah, I mean what's the point of all that extra power if you can't use it safely."

Take the 1M to the Autobahn in appropriate weather conditions and safe road conditions, push the N54 to the limit on a desolate straight line and check whether you still feel comfortable once you pass 240 km/h. Close to top speed, hesitation kicks in: the 1M might give you some sort of "Hm, do I trust it ?" feeling. Been there, done that (and slowed down ). It's very subjective, I know, but I got less restraint in going all the way with my former M3. Probably it's only between the ears: we know the 1M is the most compact ///M car and a tail happy snapper - power overkill could kill.
That's all correct. After 240 is getting messy with 1M. I blame the bad aero and fast steering rack equally, maybe more than the short wheelbase cause it is not that short at all if you take into account its overall size. My ex 330i M Sport sedan was feeling "safer" at 225 compared to 1M at similar speeds. However, with better tires (Michelin PSS) I noticed that high speed stability has also progressed noticeably. Better not to do top speed runs anyway (well maybe just once or twice to wittness the capability), always risky.
Appreciate 0