BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
kizzorama
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Advice on selling

All,

Its been hella fun and this forum is among the best I've frequented but I've decided that 135i sadly has to go. All proceeds of the sale will be put towards a cheaper replacement weekend toy (BMW s1000rr and some track lessons).

Its basically a stock '08 manual with a JB3 and Pilot Sport 2's that are pretty worn. Only extra options are the business nav, sunroof, metallic paint and carbon spoiler. Its in top notch condition cosmetically and mechanically, however I have racked up 45k kms

Opinions: Should I return the car to stock (remove jb3 and replace runflats) prior to sale or list it as is? Whats a reasonable price.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #2
RaihaX
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' 135i

I would say replace to stock attracts a bigger market.

It seems you will be hard pressed to get anything more then 50k (probably like 45k) from what I have seen.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
Ausfredy
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: alfa 159 3.2 SW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzorama View Post
All,

Its been hella fun and this forum is among the best I've frequented but I've decided that 135i sadly has to go. All proceeds of the sale will be put towards a cheaper replacement weekend toy (BMW s1000rr and some track lessons).

Its basically a stock '08 manual with a JB3 and Pilot Sport 2's that are pretty worn. Only extra options are the business nav, sunroof, metallic paint and carbon spoiler. Its in top notch condition cosmetically and mechanically, however I have racked up 45k kms

Opinions: Should I return the car to stock (remove jb3 and replace runflats) prior to sale or list it as is? Whats a reasonable price.
We can do a deal on S1000RR I have a new one that I want to part with
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #4
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Only thing you can do is have a look at what's for sale at what price (the market) on say Carsales and pitch your car accordingly.

If your car is financed, then you may want to try and strike a deal with the dealer you're buying your new car from to basically clear the loan balance and go again.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 04:17 AM   #5
Honny
Captain
Rep
Drives: Something

I sold my car with similar conditions to yours few months ago (but my tyres were brand new with PROcede) and car was fully option, similar Ks... I think its safe to say around $50-55k.

Have you listed it on carsales? photos and good description is key to any sale IMHO. Mine was gone within hours.
Appreciate 0