BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #1
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

Talking A Point of Clarification!

On a new car warranty, BMW will service the vehicle on its Anniversary Date or 10,000 miles. Service obviously includes changing the oil and filter.

The Anniversary Date is the date you bought the car. For example, if you bought the car 10/8/16, today, BMW will service it 10/8/17; however, if you accumulate more 10,000 miles before that date, BMW will service it.

Why do I bring this up? Well the anniversary date on my car is 7/20/13. It received service every year except this year when I brought it in a couple of days before the anniversary date. The SA refused to service it, since it didn't have 10,000 miles on it. I believe it only had around 5,000 or so.

So what's a couple of days? The SA didn't know that BMW would service the car on its anniversary date. He could have told me to bring it back in a couple of days on or after the anniversary date to get service. He was a new guy and didn't know. Another problem was the dealership had updated it computer system which rejected service my car.

I talked with the service manager today, and he told me that BMW had updated the software which the dealerships depend on to view the history on your car. The dealer can't fudge the service date by a couple of days, because BMW will reject payment on the service.

Also another issue came up. The new software is so super sophisticated that it will detect any tweaking or twerking the owner might do to his car. So beware the warranty you can save might be your own!

On to a happier note. In April of this year, the dealership updated the software in my car. This was a surprisingly lengthy update taking nearly 24 hours. It was done to solve the stalling, surging, and rough running that many BMW owners have complained about on this forum. Well after 6 months, the car is running perfectly without any problems. In fact, it runs better than when I first got the car. I had it out last night, and it runs like a rocket! I may never be able to part with this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2016, 04:43 PM   #2
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

Damn.. All my twerking might have voided my warranty?

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 1
TX135i47.00
      10-09-2016, 01:55 AM   #3
Gizmo135i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i n55

They will do the oil change after a year to the day from the last oil change... they call it a low mile oil service... with this service they don't reset your service indicator, and you still get you regular cbs oil service when it's due.... and if your a couple days before the 1 year mark it is a big deal to them because Bmw won't pay them for it
Appreciate 1