BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #67
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

I guess depends on which particular car we get the price might vary a bit between dealers.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #68
~sarah~
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by takahashi View Post
You pretrade meaning you sold the car before getting the 135i? That would like more sense...

coz it is very hard to judge how much the car actually worth if you have another deal going on with your old car. Most of us do not have trade-ins. I fear I will get rip off when I trade in my 135i to another BMW ....

I really envy you, coz Queensland have a lower stamp duty. For example, an $80000 car.

QLD (6CL) Stamp Duty: $2,800.00
Luxury Car Tax: $5,225.23

In Vic,
VIC Stamp Duty: $4,000.00
Luxury Car Tax: $5,225.23

We should start buying cars from Queensland.

Info here:
http://www.privatefleet.com.au/links...ar-stamp-duty/

This is why my car has QLD plates on it.
      07-14-2009, 06:30 PM   #69
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

CONSPIRACY...

I will contact the Queensland dealers (no matter how unwilling I would) for my next BMW...
      07-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #70
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
CONSPIRACY...

I will contact the Queensland dealers (no matter how unwilling I would) for my next BMW...

Just don't bother with Motorline, you won't get a good deal there...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:58 AM   #71
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFC View Post
I had a different experience, Brisbane was $2k cheaper than Coastline, I offered the chance to match Brisbane price but they declined. I saved about $9,500 on full retail drive away price on my 125i, and that was for a Feb 09 build delivered in late April, never been on the showroom floor but was in stock.
Coastline couldn't get enough 125i. Their allocation of the 1s are very small.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 07:19 PM   #72
Swift135
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 330d, M3 DCT E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Just don't bother with Motorline, you won't get a good deal there...
I would not agree with that statement, the last BMW I bought through Motorline they did a deal which was $2500 lower than offer rejected by Brisbane BMW for the same spec car. Saying that, the reverse has also happened to me in the past. Best bet is to have cash in your hand for deposit and YOU offer the price you want to pay, give them the deposit and if they agree then they keep the deposit, that way they know your not messing them around.
      07-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #73
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift135 View Post
I would not agree with that statement, the last BMW I bought through Motorline they did a deal which was $2500 lower than offer rejected by Brisbane BMW for the same spec car. Saying that, the reverse has also happened to me in the past. Best bet is to have cash in your hand for deposit and YOU offer the price you want to pay, give them the deposit and if they agree then they keep the deposit, that way they know your not messing them around.
Fair enough, I guess everyone has their own experiences. But was that car you are talking about a 1coupe?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 04:15 AM   #74
tom34
Rep

Hi guys, just found this site, lots of great info here.

Was wondering about some advice because i just got a quote for a white 135 with:
- sunroof 3k
- professional nav system 5k
- hifi system logic 7 2k
- comfort access 1.5k

For a drive away price of 95.8K.

This seeems like alot. With these options which range do you guys think is reasonable to haggle to?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 06:18 AM   #75
BigBoss168
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom34 View Post

Was wondering about some advice because i just got a quote for a white 135 with:
- sunroof 3k
- hifi system logic 7 2k
- comfort access 1.5k

This seeems like alot. With these options which range do you guys think is reasonable to haggle to?
That sounds like full list price to me. Depending on how outrageous the dealer delivery charges are, you should be able to get around $10k off that price, maybe more because you've ticked a few options. It will take some time and legwork however, the dealer definitely won't agree to that price off the bat.

One thing I did that worked really well is to ask Jason at www.costpricenewcars.com.au for his estimate of the dealer cost price for your car with the above options. I don't work for him, I used his service (cost me $10) and it really helped me to home in on the price I wanted.

The other thing is that import tariffs are coming down from 10% to 5% in January so if you're ordering a car, make sure the contract specifies that any price reduction (or spec increase) will be passed onto you in full.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 06:43 AM   #76
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:

- sunroof 3k
- hifi system logic 7 2k
- comfort access 1.5k

Pre GFC you would do well if you get 7% off list price for an ordered car, but I later found out that dealer delivery is getting more and more ridiculous. It depends on the cycle of the month. I actually got more $ off on the 125 than the 135 although it was a more expensive car.

We hear some really crazy deals like >10% off a few months ago from some of the members.

BTW: The list price looks high, but they might have a price increase - my list price including all statutory charges and delivery was less than what you have been quoted, and I have more options.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #77
BigBoss168
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Pre GFC you would do well if you get 7% off list price for an ordered car, but I later found out that dealer delivery is getting more and more ridiculous. It depends on the cycle of the month. I actually got more $ off on the 125 than the 135 although it was a more expensive car.
Yes, ever since the Government forced manufacturers to quote all-in pricing, dealer delivery charges have gone from the ridiculous to the absurd. The "list" dealer delivery charge on the 135i that I ordered earlier this month was $4944.50 BEFORE luxury car tax and stamp duty (ie. about $6,900 inclusive). That's one heck of an expensive car wash!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #78
tom34
Rep

Thanks taipan and sparoz, that's helped alot! I understand dealers need to make money and am willing to pay a fair price, i just didn't want to get fleeced. At least now I have something in mind to negotiate with. Wish me luck fellas as i'm looking forwards to becoming a 1 addict!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #79
takahashi
Retired trackie
Australia
Rep
Drives: 1///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by taipan168 View Post
Yes, ever since the Government forced manufacturers to quote all-in pricing, dealer delivery charges have gone from the ridiculous to the absurd. The "list" dealer delivery charge on the 135i that I ordered earlier this month was $4944.50 BEFORE luxury car tax and stamp duty (ie. about $6,900 inclusive). That's one heck of an expensive car wash!
If you have seen what the car is like when it comes out of the ship it is more than just a car wash. Anyhow, $4K is excessive.
      11-22-2009, 05:51 PM   #80
BigBoss168
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If you have seen what the car is like when it comes out of the ship it is more than just a car wash. Anyhow, $4K is excessive.
Granted, but in other markets the dealer deliver charge is usually less than $1000. Happy for dealer to make some money over their cost but dealer delivery charges seem to me to be just another way for dealers to rape their customers and inflate the perceived discount on offer.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #81
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Thanks taipan and sparoz, that's helped alot! I understand dealers need to make money and am willing to pay a fair price, i just didn't want to get fleeced. At least now I have something in mind to negotiate with. Wish me luck fellas as i'm looking forwards to becoming a 1 addict!
Sorry to all the dealers who's reading the thread - but really, you shouldn't have an intent to be fair. That's what I used to do including my current cars - but I won't be anymore.

You negotiate as hard as you can, they do their best to sell it for as much as they can. The $ is better to be in your pocket than theirs. They love you either way as they are still getting your car for servicing.

Just realising have a couple of business deals that has turned back and bite me and I was being fair. They were all nice when the deal is done, and after that, they are out there to screw you. A better way I think now is that you better screw each other and it will come out fair at the end.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 07:17 PM   #82
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
A better way I think now is that you better screw each other and it will come out fair at the end.
i wish alot more of my deals were like that, especially with the forklift sales girl who comes around every three months...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #83
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
i wish alot more of my deals were like that, especially with the forklift sales girl who comes around every three months...
lol!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #84
BigBoss168
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
You negotiate as hard as you can, they do their best to sell it for as much as they can. The $ is better to be in your pocket than theirs. They love you either way as they are still getting your car for servicing.
I agree with this 100%. There's no concept of a "fair price" when buying a car, you should be aiming for the lowest possible price. Absent some perverse incentive like the salesperson missing out on their commission for the end of month/end of quarter, the dealership is never going to sell you a car at a price that does not earn them what they consider to be a minimum profit. Plus, dealers are very experienced negotiators who know all the tricks in the book so aiming for a "fair price" which is even $1 above the minimum the dealer would accept is just handing money to the dealer for nothing.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 05:44 AM   #85
tom34
Rep

Just an update. Went canterbury bmw and so far the listed price at canterbury is a whopping $5K lower than that from rush cutters....

I asked both dealers and they said performance parts can only do 10% discount on em. They also said that they can't throw em in on the deal as its different department....ie parts/spares....that's weird
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #86
jkho
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black MY09 E82 125i Coupe

Quote:
Just an update. Went canterbury bmw and so far the listed price at canterbury is a whopping $5K lower than that from rush cutters....

I asked both dealers and they said performance parts can only do 10% discount on em. They also said that they can't throw em in on the deal as its different department....ie parts/spares....that's weird
I got my 125i from Canterbury!
I've also heard Sylvania is really good too - worth checking out.
      11-26-2009, 08:13 AM   #87
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:

Give Kloster in Newcastle a call. A guy called Arthur Favos is their Sales Manager and handled my deal. He is wonderful. Tell him Alex who bought the 125 sent you. They are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. I know it's a trek to get there, but I'll wingman you.

Also, dealers don't earn ANYTHING from selling Performance parts - they get nothing. So their margin is 0 already, and the only thing they could probably offer is 10% to get you to buy the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 08:32 AM   #88
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

I would imaging if you are getting a car that is arriving in the next few weeks, you should be able to get quite a good discount, as it will become last year's car in a few weeks' time. IMO, best to compromise a bit and get a car that is already landed or is about to land, rather than ordering one to your specification and have to wait for several more months. Wait a little bit longer and the new generation 1 series will be out!
Appreciate 0