BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #1
santai
Registered
Rep
Drives: None yet...

Best place to get demo / price for demo (128i)

Hey guys,

I just have a couple of questions about getting a 128i demo (mainly for cost reasons, I don't mind if it's not exactly brand new).

1. What kind of discount can I expect at this period? I saw a thread about a month ago where the poster got a 20% discount, but she was paying in cash. I am planning to do a 39 month lease mainly because I will want to change the car at that point. I don't know how the demo discount works but someone told me that there is no incentive for a dealer to give a discount at this time because they would then have to put a new car on the demo lot until the next model comes out in November. I'm looking for a mid-August pickup of a 128i coupe with sports package and metallic paint (additional options like premium, sound and nav are nice, but only if I'm getting a really good deal on it). The mileage and use aren't too important to me since this is a lease under warranty and I don't plan on buying the car.

2. What are the best dealers in Toronto/Hamilton/Mississauga/Waterloo etc. to go to for the best deal? I'm living in Guelph right now but I can basically go to any dealer from Waterloo to Toronto. I'm planning to move to Hamilton in August... so if i bought it from any dealer in SW Ontario I could still get it serviced at Hamilton, correct?

Thanks!

Edit: I have actually visited and test drove the car at BMW Waterloo but the demo prices that they quoted me were outrageous ($2k discount on a 43k car with 8k km on it for example), which is why I am inquiring here... to know what kind of region I am supposed to be negotiating down to.

Last edited by santai; 06-08-2009 at 09:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #2
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Wow, 2k off a car with 8k km?? And you can assume it was beaten up for the entire first 8k...

Figure you can get a brand NEW model for 2k off retail at LEAST (mine was $36700 MSRP and I got $1925 plus additional options worth $400). So I would go to every single dealer in your area, and call the dealers outside your area, get prices, and play everyone against each other.

At the end of the day, a good deal is what you're willing to pay. But be aware that a certain amount of money can go a long way if used differently. For example, instead of settling for a demo which usually includes a ton of options (premium, sound, sport, comfort, etc.) maybe customize your own from scratch, save some cash on the options you don't need, and invest in something else.

When I was shopping for my 128i, the dealer here had a fully loaded 135i demo, MSRP $52k (I think), discounted $12k if paying cash!
Appreciate 0