BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

I really screwed up on my warranty window

Well here it goes....
Due to being overly busy with a new house, marriage and such it seems I forgot the 4yr warranty end date was coming up. For some reason I thought it was Aug 21st but in reality it was July 21st. So I didn't take it in to get a bunch of things covered before it expired. Now it enters the CPO warranty. The last time it had anything done was Sept last year, 9k ago. So my question is....

What is exactly covered under the CPO, I need a quick education...and I know no wear n tear items. Below are some of my concerns and current issues I have with the car after 1yr of ownership as a CPO.

It is a ‘09 128 a/t

pixelated radio, can't even read it when it gets hot in the car (pretty bad)

a/c not so cold

rear inside trunk light out

sometimes driver side window thumps at bottom of stroke and then thumps at the beginning of the lifting cycle (intermittent)

sometimes when you pull up the e-brake it comes up ¼ and sometimes it comes up ½ (intermittent)

when driving straight the steering wheel is a bit off center to the left (annoyance)

looks like there is an under panel missing on the /h rear fender well

Sometimes when your on the brakes the car will pull to the left or right…depending on it’s mood

Brakes look a bit on the worn side but there is not a service needed warning

When in reverse and turning wheel the idle drops and the car slightly shudders or stumbles, not that bad but noticeable.

Looks like slight clear coat deterioration on the trunk lid

That is a few noticeable items that I “was” going to bring up. I really like the car and am very happy with it! Premium pack, sport pack, etc. Just wish it didn’t have those crappy looking halogen head lamps…..Who orders a BMW without xenon headlamps!

Any advice is appreciated

Eric
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
Well here it goes....
Due to being overly busy with a new house, marriage and such it seems I forgot the 4yr warranty end date was coming up. For some reason I thought it was Aug 21st but in reality it was July 21st. So I didn't take it in to get a bunch of things covered before it expired. Now it enters the CPO warranty. The last time it had anything done was Sept last year, 9k ago. So my question is....

What is exactly covered under the CPO, I need a quick education...and I know no wear n tear items. Below are some of my concerns and current issues I have with the car after 1yr of ownership as a CPO.

It is a ‘09 128 a/t

pixelated radio, can't even read it when it gets hot in the car (pretty bad)

a/c not so cold

rear inside trunk light out

sometimes driver side window thumps at bottom of stroke and then thumps at the beginning of the lifting cycle (intermittent)

sometimes when you pull up the e-brake it comes up ¼ and sometimes it comes up ½ (intermittent)

when driving straight the steering wheel is a bit off center to the left (annoyance)

looks like there is an under panel missing on the /h rear fender well

Sometimes when your on the brakes the car will pull to the left or right…depending on it’s mood

Brakes look a bit on the worn side but there is not a service needed warning

When in reverse and turning wheel the idle drops and the car slightly shudders or stumbles, not that bad but noticeable.

Looks like slight clear coat deterioration on the trunk lid

That is a few noticeable items that I “was” going to bring up. I really like the car and am very happy with it! Premium pack, sport pack, etc. Just wish it didn’t have those crappy looking halogen head lamps…..Who orders a BMW without xenon headlamps!

Any advice is appreciated

Eric
well, not to be blunt here.....but have you remembered to maintain the car? It sounds like some of those things may just be normal maintenance (alignment, etc...)

secondly, CPO warranties are usually pretty good, but you will have to pay a small deductible like $100 or something for some repairs.

your brakes, panel missing, wear and tear will likely NOT be covered. Any inherent failings like pixelated radio SHOULD be covered. the A/C and windows and stuff should also be covered.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 12:52 AM   #3
-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Actually if you read what is and what is not covered under CPO you will find that it only covered engine or drivetrain and suspension related stuff. Stereo and electrical is not covered as well as any wear and tear items and interior or exterior trim. If any of these are fixed it would be at the discretion of your dealer. Otherwise your out of time on some of the stuff. They may good will it but can still deny having to fix anything other than suspension drivetrain or engine malfunction. The CPO just keeps the car going down the road safely that's about it.

Bought many cpo's so just going off what I know. Also it's 50 bucks every visit
Appreciate 0