BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-08-2017, 05:51 PM   #1
128ibmw
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i

Mystery Water Leak?

It rained a few days ago and in the morning there was water all over the passenger floor. No signs of water on the passenger seats or on the interior door. There was water dripping (very little like once every 30 seconds) from the passenger visor area. There was also water sliding down the passenger glass visor mirror. I unscrewed the visor but there was no signs of water and all electronic plugs were dry.

I used a hose and poured it all around the car including top (location of sunroof) for a while and there was no water entering the car. I drove with the AC and heater on for a while as well and no indication of water leaking from the inside. I thought maybe the passenger door was not fully shut (meaning the window was a little open), so I sprayed water with the door partly shut and it got the car seat wet and not the flooring. What could this be?
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
Stewy_604
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i M-Sport

Check your sunroof drain(s), they're most likely plugged and are causing the sunroof drain tray to fill up.
Appreciate 0