BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-18-2014, 07:23 PM   #199
Knightelf
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbar View Post
I just threw on my BMS intake and noticed this same oscillating induction sound at 3500 RPM. Not sure is this is "normal" as my last ride was a 135 N54. I have a Cobb AP and will hook it up and do some logging.
This happens to me too especially when I got WOT at speed. Sounds like the car doesn't know what it is supposed to do, so I usually manually downshift first.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #200
guey
Rep
Drives: 135 coupe

It is more to the story.,Well I did show them the SB12 15 14. With appointment.then they said make another appointment in 2 weeks and we will take care of it.
I just said I have reported this for at least 6 times documented.then said the words Bull shit.this is a lemon! Immediately they produce a loaner kept the car for 3 days.and now finaly is working fine.it was driving me creasy! The ultimate driving me crazy machine.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #201
kirkbar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

They hate to do it. It takes 6+ hours to reprogram the computer and the car just sits there taking up their floor space.
2011 135i DCT M/Sport Jet Black Cobb STG2+ | M3 Suspension Parts | ERW Charge pipe | VRSF 7 Intercooler | Cobb DP | MFactory LSD w/lockdown | KW V1 Coilovers | Apex ARC-8 | Dinan camber plates | BMS Intake | M3 Cluster & steering wheel | 1M Strut brace
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2014, 10:39 PM   #202
Nj135is
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 135is vert

Thanks for the info. I definitely feel lag, especially when in normal Drive mode and gear changes feel exaggerated and long in this mode. Is this what others have experienced? Car behaves much differently (as expected) in sport mode and with sport button pressed. Another question I had was on the exhaust - can be overbearing at times during normal local commuting at low speeds. is there any adjustment for this?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #203
turbo v6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i N55, 230i

I noticed my standing idle rpm is between 760 and 800.
Anyone else? Seems like they raised it for a fix.

Last edited by turbo v6; 01-12-2015 at 06:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #204
physh
Private First Class
France
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport DCT

My car completely crapped out after the DME update: When I went to pick it up, it threw a check engine light so they took it back.
Then they told me me they need to keep the car longer to fix some fuel pump and crankshaft position sensor issues. The car was mostly fine until they touched it...
Last I heard from them, they flew in a field engineer from BMW NA to untangle that mess.

Last edited by physh; 01-12-2015 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 02:51 AM   #205
Spennee
Registered
Rep
Drives: Black 2012 BMW 135i, JB4, PI

HOw do i get this with JB4 on N55..I need it..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #206
pysik
Private
Rep
Drives: 11' Le Mans Blue 135i

Has anyone got this done in Canada? I want to go in and get the VANOS and this done at the same time.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 05:57 PM   #207
RARZED4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: MerlinTiCx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatran661 View Post
Brought my car in 2 weeks ago and got the update. Notice that lag issue is gone but my car is more quiet now and no more burbles. Weird how they didn't put sib number on the service notice.
Same with me. I would not recommend this update. While the intermittent idle and lag issues were annoying, this changes the character of the car in a not so desirable way. Lot less joy in my daily drive.....
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #208
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAR135i View Post
Same with me. I would not recommend this update. While the intermittent idle and lag issues were annoying, this changes the character of the car in a not so desirable way. Lot less joy in my daily drive.....
I would complain to your dealer about this. Maybe they can give you a PPK tune for free or at a substantial discount. Its worth a shot. Other's have been successful.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2015, 06:15 PM   #209
lo-tek
I'm a PC
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-Sport Coupe

I'm glad I've found this and will call and schedule a time to get it installed. the last time I complained about this they reset the TCU and it was better for a short time. Since the problem is most evident running the AC and it's frickin cold in north Texas I've not made it a priority until now.

I have a PPK and sport exhaust so if it gets a bit tamer on the pops and burbles i'll probably not notice.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 03:04 PM   #210
kevin135
Rep
Drives: black '12 135i dct

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibbay View Post
I read here on 1addicts that there was a software update that fixed it (12-09-12) so I had that done. It seemed to be better, but still noticed that I frequently had those slow speed lurches when slowing down at a stop sign then taking off. Caught wind of the NEW service bulletin / software update (the one mentioned in this thread) and had THIS one done, and as I mentioned above, it seems as though my throttle delay is actually gone now.
I know it's been awhile since you posted this, but what did you say to get them to apply the latest software? I'm in a similar position where I had lurching and rough idle (drops and spikes) where the car would almost stall. I got SIB 12 09 12 last year under warranty and the idle is pretty smooth now, but exhaust notes are also tamed. I definitely still feel lack of throttle response at low speeds and would like to get the latest update, but since I'm not having real rough idles anymore, I'm not sure I'll be able to get BMW to do it under warranty. Advice?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2015, 12:17 PM   #211
pysik
Private
Rep
Drives: 11' Le Mans Blue 135i

well I booked an appointment on Thursday for the VANOS, and I'll mention this update as well hopefully they get it done.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2015, 12:00 AM   #212
shibbay
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin135 View Post
I know it's been awhile since you posted this, but what did you say to get them to apply the latest software? I'm in a similar position where I had lurching and rough idle (drops and spikes) where the car would almost stall. I got SIB 12 09 12 last year under warranty and the idle is pretty smooth now, but exhaust notes are also tamed. I definitely still feel lack of throttle response at low speeds and would like to get the latest update, but since I'm not having real rough idles anymore, I'm not sure I'll be able to get BMW to do it under warranty. Advice?
Sorry for the late reply, but I was actually out of warranty when I did mine. I had this done at the same time I was getting the VANOS bolts done - I was polite and just asked if it was possible to get it covered. I didn't expect for the dealership to do it for free, but just asked if they could do it, and to let me know how much it'd be before proceeding if it wouldn't be covered or doable at the same time.

I mentioned doing research online to try to troubleshoot the issue myself and referenced the service bulletin directly (SIB 12-15-14) and that was sufficient enough!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 04:00 PM   #213
JRMorgan
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
To be fair, I never had them to begin with. I purchased the vehicle in June and didn't have any burbles or overrun sounds, but I did have that throttle delay issue. I read here on 1addicts that there was a software update that fixed it (12-09-12) so I had that done. It seemed to be better, but still noticed that I frequently had those slow speed lurches when slowing down at a stop sign then taking off. Caught wind of the NEW service bulletin / software update (the one mentioned in this thread) and had THIS one done, and as I mentioned above, it seems as though my throttle delay is actually gone now.

Unfortunately, haven't ever experienced those awesome burbles that can be heard in the OP's video I've been thinking about the PPK1 as well, or a JB4, or a COBB, but haven't finished looking into all the available options yet, so I'll be holding off for now!
Your car probably had an update already that killed before you bought it. When I got mine it had great pops and burbles but also terrible throttle lag. I mean unsafe to do lane changes lag. Then some update kind of fixed that but the sounds were gone and imho I felt the car didn't pull like it used to. But that could be placebo. I just remember the car being a screaming beast before.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2015, 04:08 PM   #214
JRMorgan
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Sorry for the late reply, but I was actually out of warranty when I did mine. I had this done at the same time I was getting the VANOS bolts done - I was polite and just asked if it was possible to get it covered. I didn't expect for the dealership to do it for free, but just asked if they could do it, and to let me know how much it'd be before proceeding if it wouldn't be covered or doable at the same time.

I mentioned doing research online to try to troubleshoot the issue myself and referenced the service bulletin directly (SIB 12-15-14) and that was sufficient enough!
They are super sneaky about that. To the point that I feel this info should be a sticky. This is an update all enthusiasts need to get and everyone here obviously is. The SA was very abrupt to tell me only the SIBs on the computer are covered. And I don't even think it's his fault. I think they train the SAs to believe what the computer says is gospel and the computer won't offer this SIB because it costs BMW $$$. So only if you mention the SIB specifically will they do it. I'm sure when they do the computer tells them to do it if requested by the customer. If you don't know the number they have no way of figuring this out for you, there doesn't seem to be a way for them to search SIBs even in hope of finding a solution for a customer.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2015, 04:10 PM   #215
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMorgan View Post
They are super sneaky about that. To the point that I feel this info should be a sticky. This is an update all enthusiasts need to get and everyone here obviously is.
This thread IS a sticky!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 11:17 PM   #216
spacegrayed
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i Coupe

Saw an earlier post that said Dinan stage 2 does not need to be reflashed after this update. Is that confirmed? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 08:39 AM   #217
kirkbar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMorgan View Post
They are super sneaky about that. To the point that I feel this info should be a sticky. This is an update all enthusiasts need to get and everyone here obviously is. The SA was very abrupt to tell me only the SIBs on the computer are covered. And I don't even think it's his fault. I think they train the SAs to believe what the computer says is gospel and the computer won't offer this SIB because it costs BMW $$$. So only if you mention the SIB specifically will they do it. I'm sure when they do the computer tells them to do it if requested by the customer. If you don't know the number they have no way of figuring this out for you, there doesn't seem to be a way for them to search SIBs even in hope of finding a solution for a customer.
They didn't want to do mine either. I told them to test drive the car and this time hit the MAX button on the AC and come to a complete stop and then try to pull away. They called and said they would do it for free and it was a safety hazard since the car just about stalls as you pulling into traffic!

So for those of you out of warranty, try to play the safety card!
2011 135i DCT M/Sport Jet Black Cobb STG2+ | M3 Suspension Parts | ERW Charge pipe | VRSF 7 Intercooler | Cobb DP | MFactory LSD w/lockdown | KW V1 Coilovers | Apex ARC-8 | Dinan camber plates | BMS Intake | M3 Cluster & steering wheel | 1M Strut brace
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 09:27 PM   #218
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbar View Post
They didn't want to do mine either. I told them to test drive the car and this time hit the MAX button on the AC and come to a complete stop and then try to pull away. They called and said they would do it for free and it was a safety hazard since the car just about stalls as you pulling into traffic!

So for those of you out of warranty, try to play the safety card!
Guess I am lucky. I made an appointment, scheduled a loaner, went to the dealreship, gave the SA the SIB 12-15-14 printout and they completed the DME SIB update, with out hesitation. They even re-installed my Dinan Stage 3 software, all at no charge.
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2015, 09:29 PM   #219
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegrayed View Post
Saw an earlier post that said Dinan stage 2 does not need to be reflashed after this update. Is that confirmed? Thanks.
Not true, after the DME SIB 12-15-14 update. You will need your Dinan software re-installed. Just bring it to any BMW Dealership that sells Dinan and it will be done for free. That is what I did.
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2015, 06:24 AM   #220
pushculture
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT M-Sport

Dinan

I was the one who said I didn't need a Dinan update after the latest DME update was installed. Now I'm wondering what's up.

Is it possible that because I've had every incremental software update, that the latest one for me didn't overwrite the Dinan code as it might have for someone who, say, has never had an update and thus needed to play catch up? I've heard that what are popularly called "DME updates" sometimes update specific components like the DCT rather than (or in some cases in addition to) the 'main' DME.

So now I'm wondering if either the update wasn't performed as the dealership said it was, or if my Dinan dealer was wrong about it still being installed... There's no way for me to check my integration level on my own, right?
Appreciate 0