BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #23
iredlinemy///m3
Sandwich Artist
United_States
Rep
Drives: searching for a "rare" E92 M3.

The CPO is a "limited" warranty. Like I said; the CPO warranty is great though, my previous 330ci had one, and I loved it. I wouldn't even consider a used 135i without this, and its a HUGE selling point, in my opinion!

Its sad, I'm very picky, and I really want a black headliner; so I'm stuck with searching for a 2009 or newer "M-Sport".

Taken from the "CPO Brochure"
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/cpo/default.aspx

What is not covered:
Upkeep items: Maintenance; engine, transmission and body adjustments; wheel alignment, blanace or rotation; wiper blade inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters; fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps (except air conditioning and power steering); oils, lubriacants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants (except as required in the course of covering a repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and drums; manual trasmission cluth assemblies; suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and use: All wear-and-use items as defined in "The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Vehicle Program Consumer Information Statment" for Cetified Pre-Owned BMWs (including all suspension parts and components).

Body and Interior: Paint; glass; headlights; bulbs (except instrumentation); mirros; body and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and exterior trim, molding and fasteners; upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats; covertible top (all compnents except electronics); air or water leaks; wind or body noices; wheels; damage due to rust, corrosion or comtamination except as coverd by BMW New Vehicle Rust and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories: Radio/CD (or cassette) player, telephone, navigation system, CD changer, DVD player or any components of those systems, plus non-original equipment parts, components or accessories.

Other terms and conditions: There is a $50.00 handling charge per repair visit that must be paid by the customer for any repairs covered under the terms of the CPO BMW Limited Warranty.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 08:05 PM   #24
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Montego 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFD99 View Post
No prob dude, I like to help other Montego Blue bro's out when I can!
Appreciate it brother! If I may say, we have great taste.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iredlinemy///m3 View Post
The CPO is a "limited" warranty. Like I said; the CPO warranty is great though, my previous 330ci had one, and I loved it. I wouldn't even consider a used 135i without this, and its a HUGE selling point, in my opinion!

Its sad, I'm very picky, and I really want a black headliner; so I'm stuck with searching for a 2009 or newer "M-Sport".

Taken from the "CPO Brochure"
http://www.bmwusa.com/standard/content/cpo/default.aspx

What is not covered:
Upkeep items: Maintenance; engine, transmission and body adjustments; wheel alignment, blanace or rotation; wiper blade inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters; fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps (except air conditioning and power steering); oils, lubriacants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants (except as required in the course of covering a repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and drums; manual trasmission cluth assemblies; suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and use: All wear-and-use items as defined in "The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Vehicle Program Consumer Information Statment" for Cetified Pre-Owned BMWs (including all suspension parts and components).

Body and Interior: Paint; glass; headlights; bulbs (except instrumentation); mirros; body and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and exterior trim, molding and fasteners; upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats; covertible top (all compnents except electronics); air or water leaks; wind or body noices; wheels; damage due to rust, corrosion or comtamination except as coverd by BMW New Vehicle Rust and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories: Radio/CD (or cassette) player, telephone, navigation system, CD changer, DVD player or any components of those systems, plus non-original equipment parts, components or accessories.

Other terms and conditions: There is a $50.00 handling charge per repair visit that must be paid by the customer for any repairs covered under the terms of the CPO BMW Limited Warranty.
Ok, thank you so much for the information in this thread, I really appreciate you clearing those things up. So I feel as I would be correct in saying that the CPO combined with the extended maintenance, it is very comparable to the original BMW warranty, sans a couple of the smaller details.

I agree with you though that the CPO and Extended Maintenance are a huge selling point. This car is probably a little above the market average for an '08 135, but all those other cars are out of warranty and free maintenance. If you add up what those services cost, let alone if anything unexpected happens, it ends up being cheaper. It is just difficult to get people to see and weigh that into their purchase when there is an '08 w/ 40k miles for $28k.

And hey, when you speak of being picky, you are preaching to the quire. I am beyond anal when it comes to cars, so I understand how even minor things can be a deciding factor. I guess thats why it takes so freaking long for me to find a car when I'm in the market! Keep searching, that perfect car is floating around somewhere. Goodluck!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #25
iredlinemy///m3
Sandwich Artist
United_States
Rep
Drives: searching for a "rare" E92 M3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
Ok, thank you so much for the information in this thread, I really appreciate you clearing those things up. So I feel as I would be correct in saying that the CPO combined with the extended maintenance, it is very comparable to the original BMW warranty, sans a couple of the smaller details.

And hey, when you speak of being picky, you are preaching to the quire. I am beyond anal when it comes to cars, so I understand how even minor things can be a deciding factor. I guess thats why it takes so freaking long for me to find a car when I'm in the market! Keep searching, that perfect car is floating around somewhere. Goodluck!
You bet, always good to have the most information available.

Well the powertrain is covered -- but accessories; interior and trim aren't. Under my CPO; they replaced xenon headlight bulbs even though it says they won't -- for a $50.00 co-pay. So depending on how well you know the service writer, you maybe be able to get some of the stuff that shows "uncovered", covered.

I was lucky, while looking for my S54 Roadster -- only took me 4 months to find it, and it came with a color matched hard top!!! Was the PERFECT situation.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #26
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep

Bump: PRICE DROP!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 02:09 PM   #27
jbarnes1307
Rep
Drives: dont have one

still for sale?

i was wondering if the car is still for sale? im not to far away, Sacramento area, i am willing to work something out...also what is the mileage like now? please let me know...very interested, thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 04:10 PM   #28
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarnes1307 View Post
i was wondering if the car is still for sale? im not to far away, Sacramento area, i am willing to work something out...also what is the mileage like now? please let me know...very interested, thanks!
I have decided to keep the car, sorry!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #29
Sauce
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauce View Post
I have decided to keep the car, sorry!
Hey guys, I keep flip flopping, but the car is up for sale again. Come check this thing out!!
KW V3's, Sparco Pro2000's, Vorshlag CP's, JB4, Heat Wrapped Raceland DP's, aFe stg. 2 Sealed Intake, Miro 111's, Hankook RS3's 225/245 (for now), Seibon M3 CF Hood, Turner Motorsports Alum. Radiator, Big Tom IC, BMW Performance bumper.

Appreciate 0