BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

04-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #89
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

What a bunch of whiney little wusses...Here let momma fix it for you baby....Get a grip...Checked out Dinan prices or BMW motorsports...now there's a reality check...
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 06:03 PM   #90
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichiban View Post
Well, i asked them to reimburse me for the extra cost of fixing clearance issues on the exhaust. Daniel said the exhaust shop went overboard when installing and should not have done the things they did. Their story is that the exhaust is totally fine, and that if i had took the downpipe off it's hangers then it'll drop thus aligning it with the midpipe, and the tip hangers needs only a small bend to make the tip fit. That's all fine, but shouldn't i be informed of this when i purchased the exhaust? It's not like it's standard procedure for a bolt on exhaust to need these modifications.

Oh well, you live and learn.

You are informed by the paper placed in the box when you open it. It is also posted on our website when you purchase. It is also posted in the exhaust thread.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #91
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjockey View Post
What a bunch of whiney little wusses...Here let momma fix it for you baby....Get a grip...Checked out Dinan prices or BMW motorsports...now there's a reality check...
I'll let you know how my Dinan exhaust install goes
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 06:50 PM   #92
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

Quote:
Riss prices, especially for the quality, aren't that great, that's just the reality. $1400 for an exhaust that is pretty much promised not to fit without modification and may in fact require hefty modifications is not right. And they can't even keep their manufacturer from randomly changing the flange on them.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #93
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
You are informed by the paper placed in the box when you open it. It is also posted on our website when you purchase. It is also posted in the exhaust thread.
all that was included with my exhaust was 2 RR decals, the bag of bolts, nuts and washers. And of course the exhaust itself. I dont really see it on the website. http://rissracing.com/alpha/?page_id=10 and it sure was not on the discount price thread i went through to order the exhaust http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ht=riss+racing. If your exhaust was designed to be like this, then i think a note should be included in the sale threads (need modification depending on model) or something along those lines. I've installed plenty of exhausts on my suby, hks, borla, tanabe. None of which required me to do anything other than taking off my old exhaust and bolting up the new one.

Last edited by ichiban; 04-02-2009 at 11:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #94
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Hey Guys,
Lots of good information in this thread, just stay on topic and this will be a valuable resource/reference for 1Addicts in the future.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #95
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Interesting response. Did anyone tell you that YOU were being a whiney little wuss when you posted your issue below in Keith's other thread???:

Quote:
I've had the same problem. Put the CP-e exhaust on first and ran it for a a while with no problem. Then I put the RR catless downpipes on with O2 sims and when I drove the car home it showed a CEL. I took the car back to Eurotech of Knoxville, who did the install, and they called RR for possible info. The codes thrown indicated that it was a post downpipe problem and we tried a new O2 sim with no result. The car has been at Eurotech now for 3 weeks and still haven't been able to resolve the problem. Anybody had a similar experience or a possible suggestion. As of now, RR has not been able to provide any useful input.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #96
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

RR did resolve the problem. With their help and suggestions, Eurotech was able to do the job. I didn't say it would happen overnight. They didn't hesitate to keep suggestions coming and I was never denied access or counsel as some have suggested. I have had no problem with the hardware, but some glitches which goes with the territory.

Didn't see anybody else with any suggestions on here and it turns out the fix was a .50 cent part. It had nothing to do with the downpipes or O2 sims at all. Typical....
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #97
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
RR did resolve the problem. With their help and suggestions, Eurotech was able to do the job. I didn't say it would happen overnight. They didn't hesitate to keep suggestions coming and I was never denied access or counsel as some have suggested. I have had no problem with the hardware, but some glitches which goes with the territory.

Didn't see anybody else with any suggestions on here and it turns out the fix was a .50 cent part. It had nothing to do with the downpipes or O2 sims at all. Typical....
You don't find it a little odd that professional installers (Stett, Cobb and eurotech) couldn't easily install these parts?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:04 PM   #98
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

The parts were installed....Just had to find the source of the CEL and run down all the possible sources for the codes. What, in your professional opinion, would you have done.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:28 PM   #99
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

So what was this $0.50 part that was the magical cure? The fact of the matter is some of us have run into more significant problems as a result of putting on parts from Riss Racing. Unfortunately for me the O2 sensor damaged by their downpipes is a $200, that is 400x more than you had to spend. Not really a great thing. And the exhaust should be a bolt on, that's the way most after market exhaust systems are built. Yet their's is intentionally designed to require a lot of labor. It doesn't have to be that way, and it shouldn't.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:36 PM   #100
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Hey, my intent was not to get into a pissing contest. Just my .02 on my experience with RR and their products.

Sounds like you need to get one of those PA professional installers to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #101
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Hey, my intent was not to get into a pissing contest. Just my .02 on my experience with RR and their products.

Your the one that came here calling us names.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:44 PM   #102
mynew135
assistant to the regional manager
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Sounds like you wanted a pissing contest, talking like that. Fact of the matter is the post was created to inform and assist those having similar problems or looking to possibly invest in these products, so they know what they're getting into.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:52 PM   #103
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:

Stett and Cobb are the installers that Keith used a eurotech is the installer you used so I don't know were that comment came from.

And the point was, if pro's can't install the parts than something is wrong.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #104
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithLM View Post
Your the one that came here calling us names.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynew135 View Post
Sounds like you wanted a pissing contest, talking like that. Fact of the matter is the post was created to inform and assist those having similar problems or looking to possibly invest in these products, so they know what they're getting into.
PWN'D by KeithLM and mynew135!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:06 PM   #105
tjockey
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

When I said it was a .50 cent part, that doesn't include the $780 bill to the installer to find and correct the problem. I don't regret the extra cost and appreciate his efforts and certainly don't want to diss RR for what happened. If you play, you pay. I'm not looking for someone to blame.

I feel your pain man....

The Eurotech to which I am referring is in Knoxville...Must be a ubiquitous acronym

Last edited by tjockey; 04-03-2009 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:37 PM   #106
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So what was this $0.50 part that was the magical cure? The fact of the matter is some of us have run into more significant problems as a result of putting on parts from Riss Racing. Unfortunately for me the O2 sensor damaged by their downpipes is a $200, that is 400x more than you had to spend. Not really a great thing. And the exhaust should be a bolt on, that's the way most after market exhaust systems are built. Yet their's is intentionally designed to require a lot of labor. It doesn't have to be that way, and it shouldn't.
So now the downpipes caused the 02 Sensor to fail

Keith a more logical expination would be the exposed 02 Sensor during install was hit/dropped etc...An 02 sensor will not fail by simply turning a car on and mild driving. Besides the fact this is a common replacement part on OEM & modded cars a like. Sensors fail all the time. Your sensor could have been bad to begin with. Some of the things you claim blow my mind. Like the oil leak caused by downpipes Oil doesn't pass through downpipes. The downpipes were also causing reduce power? When you then realized you didnt have the DDV Kit rear T-Bolt clamp on at all. The downpipes wouldn't fit at all. 100% your claim at Cobb. Then Stett got them on the car. PS your exhaust was installed on a local forum members car last night We took it off and gave him a new system. I will be having one of our local cars coming down next week to install both your catted downpipes, and exhaust with pics / video of the install
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:47 PM   #107
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
So now the downpipes caused the 02 Sensor to fail

Keith a more logical expination would be the exposed 02 Sensor during install was hit/dropped etc...An 02 sensor will not fail by simply turning a car on and mild driving. Besides the fact this is a common replacement part on OEM & modded cars a like. Sensors fail all the time. Your sensor could have been bad to begin with. Some of the things you claim blow my mind. Like the oil leak caused by downpipes Oil doesn't pass through downpipes. The downpipes were also causing reduce power? When you then realized you didnt have the DDV Kit rear T-Bolt clamp on at all. The downpipes wouldn't fit at all. 100% your claim at Cobb. Then Stett got them on the car. PS your exhaust was installed on a local forum members car last night We took it off and gave him a new system. I will be having one of our local cars coming down next week to install both your catted downpipes, and exhaust with pics / video of the install
To bad you don't read. This is what I initially said about he oil:

Quote:
So where could this oil be coming from? Is there something under stress that is opening a gap between two parts and letting oil out? Is there something in that are that Stett perhaps loosened that let a little oil out in the process of fitting the pipes? And are the O2 sensors at risk of damage?
Did I ever say it came out of the downpipes? No! Stop making shit up Anthony. I asked what could happen during an install that could result in oil leaking. It's as plain as day. But someone who can't look at a picture of the downpipes and see there is an issue with the O2 sensors is to stupid to read and draw an appropriate conclusion from what I said.

You are just lying left and right about the things I said. The DDV came off after the downpipes were on and I never once blamed the limp mode that was triggered by the DDV on the downpipes. What a moron you are. I owned up to that. So get your head out of your ass. I am so sick of dealing with you guys, not only are you incompetent, you are liars to.

So how much work did it take to fit the exhaust? Why did you claim that you chose a flange that was not the same as on your downpipes before and now you say it was a problem with your manufacturer? I'd love to witness you installing the downpipes, but since they've been out of my possession there will be no way for me to verify the ones you put on in the video are in fact the ones I sent back. And considering you have proven how untrustworthy you are by deliberately quoting me out of context, why should anyone trust your video?

Refund my damn money Anthony! Stand up and be a man! It's about damn time and I'm sick of waiting.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #108
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

The damage to the O2 sensor is actually a visible dent on the sensor from where the two were meeting. The pressed into one another. Look at the pictures from COBB, it's quite obvious there is an issue.

Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:53 PM   #109
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To bad you don't read. This is what I initially said about he oil:

Did I ever say it came out of the downpipes? No! Stop making shit up Anthony. I asked what could happen during an install that could result in oil leaking. It's as plain as day. But someone who can't look at a picture of the downpipes and see there is an issue with the O2 sensors is to stupid to read and draw an appropriate conclusion from what I said.

You are just lying left and right about the things I said. The DDV came off after the downpipes were on and I never once blamed the limp mode that was triggered by the DDV on the downpipes. What a moron you are. I owned up to that. So get your head out of your ass. I am so sick of dealing with you guys, not only are you incompetent, you are liars to.

So how much work did it take to fit the exhaust? Why did you claim that you chose a flange that was not the same as on your downpipes before and now you say it was a problem with your manufacturer? I'd love to witness you installing the downpipes, but since they've been out of my possession there will be no way for me to verify the ones you put on in the video are in fact the ones I sent back. And considering you have proven how untrustworthy you are by deliberately quoting me out of context, why should anyone trust your video?

Refund my damn money Anthony! Stand up and be a man! It's about damn time and I'm sick of waiting.
Class response

In regards too the install it was as simple as moving the hanger. Then turning the downpipes to line up. We will be doing it will your full catted, and exhaust. Half your refund was already issued after you sent back the exhaust. Your catted downpipes just arrived yesterday. The remainder will be issued after we inspect the products, and process it. As I advised you yeterday in email.

Quote:
We are refunding your exhaust/catted downpipes that are fully damaged. In full. This is agaisnt our posted return policy. However, we will still be giving you a full refund.

One step further after we finish fixing all the damage on the exhaust/downpipes (caused by your installing) we will be putting it on a car that will be in a booth at bimmerfest.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2009, 02:55 PM   #110
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Class response

In regards too the install it was as simple and moving the hanger. Then turning the downpipes to line up. We will be doing it will your full catted, and exhaust. Half your refund was already issued after you sent back the exhaust. Your catted downpipes just arrived yesterday. The remainder will be issued after we inspect the products, and process it. As I advised you yeterday in email.
You've had them 48 hours, more lies from Riss! The exhaust was mounted to your downpipes, the photos are there for all to see.

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread