BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #23
Totti
Troll
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

I tried the head down thing on the way to work this morning. Door sills way too low to be able to do that effectively. And door trim too thin with the potential to fubar your guts if he shoots point blank as you drive away. I think realistically your best hope is to either distract him (try get him to look over his shoulder for whatever reason) and then just bury it. Or, a more sensible option, let the fucker just take your car and call the cops as soon as he goes. Remember, we can replace metal.
Use the stick like u would a manual. If that doesn't work, put it in D mode and put both hands at 10 and 2. If that doesn't work, just sit on your right hand.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #24
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Why on earth would anyone want to test the patience of a car jacker waving around a loaded gun..

Just step out of the way and kiss your 1er goodbye..

I have been in a hold up situation where there was a crazed M#### F#### with a loaded pistol robbing the bank and the guy standing alongside me was shot for virtually blinking.
Having being in retail for the past 25 years we have had our share of lunatics walking into our premises and trying their luck...I have been lucky and "Taken out" a couple of these crazies.. BUT never anyone carrying a gun..

Never ever under estimate a physco with a weapon of any kind..Dont even imagine being trying to disarm them.Unless you have been professionally trained in unarmed combat...Its not a TV show..this is reality..
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2010, 10:29 PM   #25
amk2912
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: '10 X5 40d & '12 F10 520d

I agree. Let them take your car. Hopefully they'll trash it and burn it so you can get a new one (assuming your insurance is up to date)! To be honest I wouldn't want it back after it's been sodomised by some filthy b*stard! I don't carry much personal stuff or items of value in my car for this reason. If I get hit when I have my briefcase on board well there's not much I can do then.

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 02:12 AM   #26
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

To the guys looking for a drive, Raj (M3 CS) on e46fanatics has given me the ok to post this here:

Quote:
Destination: Putty Road (Singleton)
When: Saturday, 20th Feb 2010
Meet Time: 9am (departing at 9.30am)
Meet Location: West Pennant Hills Park, Castle Hill Road (just as you turn off Pennant Hills Rd)

Route: From Castle Hill, we'll head towards Windsor Rd...all the way to Windsor, turn onto Wilberforce Rd...then through to Singleton Rd / Putty Road and follow that all the way to Singleton!
Return journey: You've got the option of going back through Putty or heading past Maitland and taking the F3 back home!

It's a 3 hour journey EACH WAY!

Bring:
Full tank of fuel (also check tyre pressure)
CB Radio if you have them
Good attitude
Your A Game
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=736286

I'm on the maybe list (for a bit of the drive) for now. Wanted to see if anyone else is interested in this? A few M3's, 330ci's and 325ci's will be there...
___

Lets get our 1addicts meets going again, yeah?

Tim, honestly, im down for rnp... but akuna bay has stolen my heart!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 05:44 AM   #27
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMH1983 View Post
o btw how many k's on christine now ? must be pushing 25k surely. I am sitting on 7.5km at the moment (only 6200 by me) and trying to keep her as young as possible for the long ownership.
27,900km today. Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
P.S PLZ no more Akuna Bay, i vote for Royal National Park!
We're doing Akuna. You're just embarrassed a 125 flogged the pants off you last time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Mate, in '07 I had the same experience driving my old car which I shared with my mum. Stopping at sensor triggered traffic light on a small extremely deserted road. Their car was in front of mine, no where for me to go.

Long story short, lost my driver side window, a bunch of stuff happened (rather not go into details on a public forum) and when I got home my dad drove me to hospital with some superficial cuts all over my right arm and some EXTREMELY swollen knuckles. With the benefit of hindsight, I should've just reversed.
Yeah, i reversed and the cops (once they realised what was happening), nearly took my mirror off and pulled in right next to me so the guy couldn't beat my window in. He got charged with a plethora of things including assaulting a police offer, malicious damage, intent to steal, intent to break and enter, they got him on a lot of charges! It was my pure luck there were cops behind me.

Quote:
And yes Alex it's time for a nice relaxing drive again.
I don't do "relaxing".
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 05:50 AM   #28
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
27,900km today. Woot!

We're doing Akuna. You're just embarrassed a 125 flogged the pants off you last time

Yeah, i reversed and the cops (once they realised what was happening), nearly took my mirror off and pulled in right next to me so the guy couldn't beat my window in. He got charged with a plethora of things including assaulting a police offer, malicious damage, intent to steal, intent to break and enter, they got him on a lot of charges! It was my pure luck there were cops behind me.

I don't do "relaxing".
DAMN that's probably the only time I wish I was followed by some cops. I managed to escape with the car (minus said window and with a dent on the driver door). Stupid of me to retaliate since the driver of the other car could've had some sort of weapon. But I guess 3yrs of martial arts training took over at a certain point.

Relaxing? Of course our drives are relaxing considering how we stay under the speed limit the whole time.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 05:58 AM   #29
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
DAMN that's probably the only time I wish I was followed by some cops. I managed to escape with the car (minus said window and with a dent on the driver door). Stupid of me to retaliate since the driver of the other car could've had some sort of weapon. But I guess 3yrs of martial arts training took over at a certain point.
Well, i had a guy (obviously doped up to the eyeballs) threaten me, Christine and Sam in Chatswood Westfield carpark 2 months ago at about 10am Saturday morning. He had a 4 foot metal pole he took out of his car.

Licence plate turned out to be stolen Cops couldn't do anything, yet they had the CCTV footage and saw everything

Quote:
Relaxing? Of course our drives are relaxing considering how we stay under the speed limit the whole time.
Correct. We drive safely, without spirit and certainly not over the speed limit. Because in doing that we would ruin the fun for us, and for others. I wouldn't risk driving over the speed limit at any time.

I'm certain that's what i recall BMW Sydney said to me after my first service and they checked the key data. Lolz!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 07:04 AM   #30
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Oh, I'm sure that's what the guys at Bridgestone said to you too, eh!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #31
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Well, i had a guy (obviously doped up to the eyeballs) threaten me, Christine and Sam in Chatswood Westfield carpark 2 months ago at about 10am Saturday morning. He had a 4 foot metal pole he took out of his car.

Licence plate turned out to be stolen Cops couldn't do anything, yet they had the CCTV footage and saw everything

Correct. We drive safely, without spirit and certainly not over the speed limit. Because in doing that we would ruin the fun for us, and for others. I wouldn't risk driving over the speed limit at any time.

I'm certain that's what i recall BMW Sydney said to me after my first service and they checked the key data. Lolz!
Chatswood? Damn I'd expect something like that elsewhere, not Chatswood. ESPECIALLY 10am on a Saturday morning, would've been bloody crowded. What'd you end up doing?

Yes our safe driving habits are compounded by our exceptional courtesy to other road users. The thrill of reaching the posted speed limit cannot be surpassed by anything else on the road. Cornering G's? That's just unnecessary speed.

My SA would be happy to discover that I gave the speed limiter a good workout.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 09:01 AM   #32
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Chatswood? Damn I'd expect something like that elsewhere, not Chatswood. ESPECIALLY 10am on a Saturday morning, would've been bloody crowded. What'd you end up doing?
Got a few witnesses details from the carpark, and went straight to the cop shop. As you know, it's 200m down the road from Westfield. The cops got the CCTV and got a good look at the guy, saw the pole, everything. They reckon he stole the plates the night before (when they were reported stolen) and it an idiot.

Quote:
Yes our safe driving habits are compounded by our exceptional courtesy to other road users. The thrill of reaching the posted speed limit cannot be surpassed by anything else on the road. Cornering G's? That's just unnecessary speed.
Driving fast ruins my fuel consumption.

Quote:
My SA would be happy to discover that I gave the speed limiter a good workout.
Mine already knows. That night down the F3.... She actually told me what the top speed was on the key.. eeeeeeek
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 09:24 AM   #33
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Why on earth would anyone want to test the patience of a car jacker waving around a loaded gun..

Just step out of the way and kiss your 1er goodbye..

I have been in a hold up situation where there was a crazed M#### F#### with a loaded pistol robbing the bank and the guy standing alongside me was shot for virtually blinking.
Having being in retail for the past 25 years we have had our share of lunatics walking into our premises and trying their luck...I have been lucky and "Taken out" a couple of these crazies.. BUT never anyone carrying a gun..

Never ever under estimate a physco with a weapon of any kind..Dont even imagine being trying to disarm them.Unless you have been professionally trained in unarmed combat...Its not a TV show..this is reality..
Joe. I'll say it now. I wouldn't come anywhere near you and try to rob you.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2010, 08:14 PM   #34
oz125
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 125M sport convertible

apologies in advance for diverting the thread but here seemed as good a place as any:

I've been checking 1addicts for a while, and found it pretty useful, informative, knowledgeable etc, like many others, but as still a relative 'newb', but have been puzzled. Can someone enlighten me as to the propensity of captains, leutinents, commanders,privates etc that frequent here?
Does all things BMW appeal more to the armed forces?
      02-16-2010, 08:24 PM   #35
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Joe. I'll say it now. I wouldn't come anywhere near you and try to rob you.
Alex....Sorry. couldnt stop laughing when I read your post... I will just take that as a compliment...:
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 06:03 AM   #36
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

FFS! that fking place is too hard on the car! so many bumps!!!!!!!!
      02-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #37
JMH1983
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black 135i AT

Garage List
Quote:
I am not looking forward to my next service. After that last run i went to Akuna bay i think i hit the limiter. Worst thing is my bloody tires are half way worn with only 7.5k on them. I seriously hate run flats with a passion, a single nail means a minimum of 2 new rear tyres and i was quoted over $700 each fitted for replacements. Non rft's were around $600. Starting to wish i had 17's.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #38
JMH1983
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Black 135i AT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz125 View Post
apologies in advance for diverting the thread but here seemed as good a place as any:

I've been checking 1addicts for a while, and found it pretty useful, informative, knowledgeable etc, like many others, but as still a relative 'newb', but have been puzzled. Can someone enlighten me as to the propensity of captains, leutinents, commanders,privates etc that frequent here?
Does all things BMW appeal more to the armed forces?
If you are referring to the title listed under each posters name then it is simply a guide to how many posts a person has made. There also might be a time constraint in there as well which was how it was on other forums i have been a member of in the past. It's a funny system, and i remember how we used to "grind" forum rankings on the old Star Wars Galaxies site by spamming so many useless posts in as many legitimate ways possible (they banned you for continual spamming).

On a side note there are a lot of US military personell who do own 1 series however.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2010, 03:46 PM   #39
oz125
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 125M sport convertible

Ah ha, I get it now.
So if I hang around long enough, and reply with sufficient cheap jibes I may rise through the ranks. Always fancied myself as a Hornblower type myself, may be the funny hats.
      02-19-2010, 04:32 AM   #40
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus135i View Post
FFS! that fking place is too hard on the car! so many bumps!!!!!!!!
Dude, pics of your new wheels!!!!!!!!!!!11
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #41
aus135i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

i will try to take a few pics later along with a new toy i got