E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Sparkling Graphite - I made a Dreary choice

Closed Thread

03-07-2006, 12:01 PM   #45
b311lee
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: .::330i zsp::.

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
yeah i agree with ksfrogman, it's all personal preference. That is why I went with SG....
I do have to admit in the e90 brochure and other pics the SG looks freakin nice, but then in real life its not so dynamic, I think that would have gone with any color they chose for the book. All i knew was that my last car was black and when it's squeeky clean it looks mad nice, but a lil dirty is no good. I basically picked SG from a mix of maitenence needs and what I liked. I originally wanted TiAg cause in my mind it seemed like the typical BMW color, but then now for the e90s SG is the dominant color...at least i kept it somewhat unique going with the terra leather!
      03-07-2006, 12:03 PM   #46
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalyBMW325
Come on Bella.. you could light up any color even on a cloudy day
Eventually, all threads become a platform for someone to declare their undying lust for Bella. I should try to get a Government grant to study this phenomenon.

ItalyBMW325 - that was a good one though.

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 12:18 PM   #47
porscheneer
Porscheneer
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 996

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA
SG rocks :rocks:

Here in Oz the light is very bright (one of the first things everyone from the Northern Hemmisphere says when they come to visit) and under the light here the colour is vibrant with many sophisticated hues and angles, really bringing to life the angular design of the vehicle....
But "Down Under" theres Dingo's

porscheneer@hotmail.com
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 12:33 PM   #48
LMBlau
Matador
Spain
Rep
Drives: Golf GTI, E90 320d

SG rocks!!!
But I went for Lemans Blue because it's more "exclusive", I see SGs everywhere.
      03-07-2006, 12:39 PM   #49
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
Love it and would order it again.
      03-07-2006, 01:16 PM   #50
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I agree. White and silver are the best colors for a car when it comes to reselling. Plus IMHO, they are very clean colors. :thumsup
Here white is the craziest colour you can order on for example a E90 or E60 5 series. Resales will go down to almost sub zero

Only a 'loonatic' will order a E46 M3 (CSL) E60 M5 or Porker GT3 in white

Silver=GREAT resale value(and still looking great when dirty, I'm not a cleaner myself...) and Sapphire Black 2(These colours were my 2ndf and 3rd choice)

All my former new cars were silver metallic black and dark grey.
Only my GTT Impreza(1999) was 'dark' green metallic, very suiable for driving incognito through the forrests
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #51
Compos Mentis
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Arctic 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood
Here white is the craziest colour you can order on for example a E90 or E60 5 series. Resales will go down to almost sub zero

Silver=GREAT resale value(and still looking great when dirty, I'm not a cleaner myself...) and Sapphire Black 2(These colours were my 2ndf and 3rd choice)

All my former new cars were silver metallic black and dark grey.
Only my GTT Impreza(1999) was 'dark' green metallic, very suiable for driving incognito through the forrests
A white E90 on Speedweek (or somesuch car show) was what got me interested in the E90 in the first place. I thought it looked awesome!

I eventually rationalized away from white, but I still like it.
18000 miles...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #52
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellasBmw
I agree. White and silver are the best colors for a car when it comes to reselling. Plus IMHO, they are very clean colors.

My 1st option was SG, but when i arrived at the dealership it was a cloudy day, and i didnt like it. So i opted for silver. It's the next lightest step up. And i dont regret it , sure its super common, but atleast it always looks classy. However now that ive seen SG out on the roads in the sunshine, its nice.
My first option when I went to my dealer on a cloudy day was also to order my 330i in SG. However, when I walked out of the dealer (after seeing a SG 330i in the lot) I ended up ordering a lighter color - Artic. Go figure!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 03:05 PM   #53
selm
Fight On!
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Eventually, all threads become a platform for someone to declare their undying lust for Bella. I should try to get a Government grant to study this phenomenon.

ItalyBMW325 - that was a good one though.
One of the funniest posts I have read in a while.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 03:40 PM   #54
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compos Mentis
A white E90 on Speedweek (or somesuch car show) was what got me interested in the E90 in the first place. I thought it looked awesome!

I eventually rationalized away from white, but I still like it.
CM, I LOVE your avatar

Noticed my small DANISH flag in my sig?(Since the trouble began)

I dare not use your avatar though on Dutch forums(You know why, it's too delicate right now)
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 10:48 PM   #55
thunderbirdsarego
Private
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
The cars you see on the road could be dirty. I have yet to see a color that looks good dirty, but darker colors are going to look especially bad when they are not clean.
I actually like my SG much more now that it is filthy! I think it handles dirt really well.

OK, so I'll wax it up again this week, just to be sure I don't prefer it clean!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #56
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Hood

lol. I wonder how Gus Hidink survived in Korea. Asian countries love white cars.
Say white is for lunatics over there, you are about to face billions of mad asians with white cars.

White is one of the best color for E90. Too many SGs.
When people think of bmw, most of them think of purple bmw(graphite).
Every damn BMW I see on the road are graphite. Be unique guys.

(flame suit on)

j/k. All colors look beautiful on the E90.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 12:22 AM   #57
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I agree with Donny...White is a pretty stupid color
      03-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #58
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oz
I agree with Donny...White is a pretty stupid color
Oz, you own a "stupid car"!!!

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 02:53 AM   #59
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

I think SG is a very nice color but my last car, an Acura TSX, was Carbon Gray and looked very similar so I didn't want the same color as the car I just had. Plus, this whole gunmetal/graphite thing is like the new color trend, and I already had my fill before it got too popular.

Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 03:05 AM   #60
N1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d M

i had one sg and you have to think that is the colour less dark consequently medium term against lack of colour = white and the reunion of all colours = black. After sg i choosed titanium silver because i believe we dont see all the dust and with heavy sun is perhaps the best one besides white of course. SG is very classic and nice you have choosed one of the best colours and with the image of E90 SG as the colour choosed for BMW for several commercials you are in doubt if it was your choice but thats normal.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 03:06 AM   #61
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by porscheneer
But "Down Under" theres Dingo's
LOL - Luckily I am too big to be dragged away and eaten by one...
      03-08-2006, 03:42 AM   #62
Ethirtynine
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2004 Honda S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyGirl
So I opted for a Sparkling Graphite, and hope that its gets delivered next week (some hope) Unfortunately I thought Sparkling Graphite would look good. It looks Ok in photos, but jis ust plain dull when I have seen them on the roads. So I now realise that I have made a major boo boo I can see that resale of SG cars will be low in a few years time.

I now realsie I should have gone for a classic Jet Black. BTW TiAg and white are pretty stupid choices as well, and I don't think Black Saphire will look particulatrly good, unless its plished very day.

Anyone else feel happy with their SG choice after a few months ?
The only stupid choice here is buying a color youve never seen before
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 03:51 AM   #63
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
So I opted for a Sparkling Graphite, and hope that its gets delivered next week (some hope) Unfortunately I thought Sparkling Graphite would look good. It looks Ok in photos, but jis ust plain dull when I have seen them on the roads. So I now realise that I have made a major boo boo I can see that resale of SG cars will be low in a few years time.

I now realsie I should have gone for a classic Jet Black. BTW TiAg and white are pretty stupid choices as well, and I don't think Black Saphire will look particulatrly good, unless its plished very day.

Not sure if you read my comments about the SG color. It is one of the best two colors for E90 ( SG and Artic ). So why I did not get the SG/Artic, because I was thinking exactly the same as you, oh, SG is grey, grey is boring, dullful. And I was worrying, if I got the SG, I would regret not to go for the black. So, I took the safe way.

And, this is not true all at. Why, because I was able to look at a SG parking next to me every morning; 'cuase the owner never drive it (which is normal in HK). This creature sits there still and even under the strange light in a parking lot, I now dont feel a bit that the SG color is dullful like when I was initially thought it would. It looks grey, but it is not grey, it is more like a layer of silver over grey - very metallic looking that no cars ever produced such color. Believe me, 5-series in SG will not be any better than the 3-series, for some reasons I dont know why.

For some reasons, we have more black and silver here than SG I found the stock wheels look much better with SG than with Jet Black. So, enjoy it ! Take it our to try looking at it at various lighting.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 04:37 AM   #64
Muttley
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW MKIV GTI

Quote:

I have a Black car now and trust me you will need to polish that color everyday just like the Black Saphire to look nice.

When detailaing cars the one car I dread most is the darker ones. They always show swirlmarks, dents, chips, and left over wax on the chip marks. However when it is detailed its the best color for showing the jetting factor or wetness of the paint.

White and TiAg seem to be very nice for the daily commuter. After it rains it doesn't seem to get hit as hard as the darker ones. Chips , dents, and swirlmarks are harder locate unlike a darker car. There is a drawback, less jetting factor. However these colors tend to give you a brighter appearence and accent the body lines more.

I guess in the end its what you think is best for you and personal choice. If you like to spend money or time keeping your car clean, go dark.. its the best choice for showing off your cars paint. If you are a busy person that does not have the time for the upkeep, I would go for the lighter colors.

There are pro's and cons, but there are no stupid choices.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 04:39 AM   #65
Muttley
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VW MKIV GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethirtynine
The only stupid choice here is buying a color youve never seen before
Good One!
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2006, 05:47 AM   #66
RGRAY
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330xi SG/TERRA/STEP/SP/HS/CA

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
... Unfortunately I thought Sparkling Graphite would look good. It looks Ok in photos, but jis ust plain dull when I have seen them on the roads...
I tried to resist posting, but I couldn't take it anymore.

First I would like to say this thread is ridiculous.

You said you thought SG would look just OK?

It looked OK in photos?

So you ordered a color without even seeing it?

You should be embarrassed for posting how stupid you were.

You got what you deserved; sorry if you don't like it.

You could have it repainted.

SG is the MOST popular color and also my choice; which I am VERY happy with.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/e90gar...20TINT%20A.jpg

Appreciate 0
Closed Thread