BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-29-2016, 12:18 AM   #1
thatonetime
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hopefully handling and fitment can go together. 135i fun.

Current Look
June 8th 2016

Mod List

Suspension:
- Eibach R2 Coilovers (External Reservoirs)
- Eibach 350lb Front Springs
- Eibach 700lb Rear Springs
- Vorshlag Race Camberplates
- BMW Performance Front Strut Bar
- Rogue Engineering Rear Toe Arms

Engine:
- K&N Drop In Panel Filter
- Modified Airbox
- Cobb Charge Pipe
- Forge Diverter valves
- AR 3in Downpipes
- JB4 Tune

Outside:
- Euro 2 Bar Taillights
- Gloss Black BMW Performance Spoiler
- Gloss Black Kidney Grills
- 1M Replica Front Bumper

Inside:
- Macht Schnell Shift Knob
- V1 Hardwire

Wheels/Tires:
- BBS CH Black Edition (chrome rings removed)
18x8.5 ET35 Square
- Falken RT615k's
245/40/18 Square

The Beginning

After looking at 135's for a long time now I finally found one to pull the trigger on. We have a e36 m3 we love and won't get rid of, same goes for our 2008 328i wagon. That being said, we did get rid of our E46 m3 as those cars don't age as nice as the e9x series so in return we wanted something fast like the e46 m3 but smaller than a e92. So the 1 series fit right in there.

Here she is. 2008 135i with only the important stuff. Big brakes, HID lights, Shadow Trim, Black Interior and 6 speed.

The plan is to keep it fairly simple and to the point. It's going to see some mountain drives, some auto x, a few track days and a lot of freeway miles.

Just ordered:
- Gloss Black Kidney Grills
- Gloss Black Rear Spoiler
- Euro Tails

As for the wheels. I have some SSR Type C's in the garage I originally got for the E36 M3 but the offset is too high so they will fit great on the 135 as the e82 chassis has some horrible fitment issues.

Last edited by thatonetime; 06-08-2016 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 12:49 AM   #2
thatonetime
Private
Rep

Update

Got a productive day of work in.

Took the front license plate off and covered the 2 holes with some vinyl I had left over from wrapping my E91 Touring.

Gloss Black grills came in. Threw them on real quick also.

Even tho the coilovers wont be here for a week. The car pulls to one side a bit and will need alignment. I might as well toss my SSR's on.

Made it just in time to get alignment before they closed

Went and took one quick photo of the car before sundown.

Thats it for now.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 04:23 AM   #3
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Nice car, and wheels. I had a "Year One Of The 1." Welcome and congrats!
      05-01-2016, 01:43 PM   #4
thatonetime
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Nice car, and wheels. I had a "Year One Of The 1." Welcome and congrats!
Thanks man
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2016, 09:38 PM   #5
Dmak
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 135

Nice wheels and tires!! What's the spec of the wheels/tires?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #6
TWMPerformance
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Love the wheel/tire combo. Any other plans for it?

- Renato
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2016, 10:13 PM   #7
thatonetime
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmak View Post
Nice wheels and tires!! What's the spec of the wheels/tires?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMPerformance View Post
Love the wheel/tire combo. Any other plans for it?

- Renato
Wheels are SSR Type C's. 18x8.5 ET51 Square with 235/40/17 R888's. The fit on the R888's is way wider than my 235/40/17 RT615's. They really fit like 245's. So the current setup has no spacers and on stock suspension/body/alignment they fit perfect.

UPDATE

So a few parts came in for the 1. Rear gloss black spoiler, Euro 2 bar tails and while I worked on the car through out the day, some other stuff arrived :eyebrows

Lets start.

Well I got to take the old spoiler off. I hate this part.

Yeah, this stuff sucks to take off...

Unless you have one of these things

While Im at it, might as well have people wondering if its a 128 or 135

The aftermath...

And with a little bit of polish/wax

Boom. Spoiler on.

Got too exited about the tail lights so I forgot to take any install photos.

While I has just getting done with the tail lights the Fedex guy dropped off some goodies.

Vorschlag used race camber plates

AND... The moment I've been waiting for all week.

- BMW Performance Front Strut Bar
- Vorschlag Race Camber Plates
- Eibach R2 Coilovers (yes, yes, yes)
- Rogue Engineering Rear Toes Arms

Tomorrow its going down.

Here is a photo of the tails at night with my cell. Makes the car look brand new.

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2016, 06:00 PM   #8
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE

Sunday fun day. Its time to get those coilovers on. Since I want the install to be clean and I'm not planing on making 3in holes in the car for the reservoirs, this will take a while.

Super excited about these

Ok, lets start this.

I might as well bust this out since the install will take a while and the car will be in the garage.

Front install was easy as I've done a few E9x/E8x chassis. 3 top bolts and the bottom slides in and out.

The reservoirs and front strut bar is another issue. So the strut bar is from a 128. Even tho the 135i and 128i have the same chassis the engine is different. Until I get an intake, I cant put the strut bar on as it hits the air box.

The reservoirs I want to look clean and almost OEM placement so, behind the headlights seemed like the place I have the most room to play with.

And finished product

Since I got BBS RS's for my E36 M3, I decided to give the Kinesis a go on the one. I honestly thought they would not clear the fender or brakes but the fitment is actually perfect with no spacer.

Front view.

Ok, now on to the rears.

The rear toe arms comparison. I set the rear toe bolts to max on both sides so the alignment place only has to mess with the toe links now.

Boom. Shocks, Spring and Toe Arms are in

The rear reservoirs turned out to be a pain to mount. Only place I can run them through would be the trunk vents. This means the tail lights, bumper, bumper supports, TPMS sensors, fender liners, and trunk interior had to come out.

Go to your home

The line routed against the wheel well and behind the fender liner.

With the cover in place

In the trunk without drilling huge holes in the car

Trimmed the bumper supports so everything fits nice

Car is on the ground

For now, this is the best for the trunk inside until I get the two rear brackets I want next week

Well, now i want alignment so i can drive it Monday.
Got to the place just in time. Decided to raise the front one more turn before getting alignment.

Front fitment

Rear fitment

Ill post up some more photos in a bit. Need to take care of some stuff real quick.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 12:39 AM   #9
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE kinda...

Here are some quick photos. Need to figure out new color, barrels and tires for the Kinesis.

Good Night Guys!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2016, 08:22 PM   #10
mike082802
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 135

beautiful. specs on the kinesis wheels and tires? i was looking for months for a set of 18" kinesis they are super lightweight for a 3 piece. no luck so just bought a set of apex. i just got done installing a set of ast coilovers and swapping the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 01:13 AM   #11
thatonetime
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike082802 View Post
beautiful. specs on the kinesis wheels and tires? i was looking for months for a set of 18" kinesis they are super lightweight for a 3 piece. no luck so just bought a set of apex. i just got done installing a set of ast coilovers and swapping the wheels.
They don't look small but they actually are. The wheels are off my E36 M3.

Specs:
-Kinesis K27
-17x8 ET25 Square
-235/40/17 Square

Im getting new barrels for them. So they will be 17x9 front and 17x10 rear. Im trying to run a 245/255 combo or 255/265.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus91 View Post
Fuuuuuuuuuuu***********KKKKKKKKK.... I love this thread.

Car looks great man.
Thank you

UPDATE

Got home and had a few things waiting for me.
Intake scoops for behind the kidney grills and Macht Schnell shift knob from EAS.

I also ordered the Cobb Tuning charge pipe 2 weeks ago but for got to post when it came in. My girl friend wrapped it for me in heat resistant foil Not expecting HP gains but it might help with operating conditions.

Ordered:
- K&N Air Filter
- Macht Schnell Motorsport Tow Strap (don't know if I'll really use it)
- 2 15mm hub centric spacers
- 2 3mm hub centric spacers
- 75mm bullnose studs + short race nuts
- Forge Diverter Valves (don't want a BOV so I don't bring the boys to the yard)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 09:03 AM   #12
TWMPerformance
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Love this build, really like the Kinesis wheels as is actually. The only other color I would see them in is silver or bronze with matching lip.

- Renato
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 12:40 PM   #13
thatonetime
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMPerformance View Post
Love this build, really like the Kinesis wheels as is actually. The only other color I would see them in is silver or bronze with matching lip.

- Renato
Im doing a special project with the car and even have a few sponsors. I have a rendering of it that ill post up in a bit. I just can release it yet as not everything is finalized.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #14
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE

So my other parts came in.

The Tow Straps

The Forge Diverter Valves

Still waiting on the K&N Filter and the install will go down ASAP.

Last edited by thatonetime; 05-12-2016 at 04:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 12:54 PM   #15
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE

Everything is here:
- K&N Filter
- Forge DV's
- Cobb Charge Pipe

Everyone gets intakes or straight filters. They all end up pulling hot air in. So I decided to stay with the stock air box just get a bit more air in it. Let the drilling begin.

Bottom of the airbox:

Pulled the stock DV's out.

Old to new for comparison

Stock charge pipe is out

Old to new for comparison

And its now getting dark. Still out working on it. Maybe I should have done this earlier.

Everything is now in.

DONE

This HarborFreight LED light has been awesome. Have owned it for over a year now and still works great. Cant beat the $28 that was spent on it.

Now Im just waiting on my
- JB4 G5
- Kinesis barrels
and..... who knows what else I find used thats worth getting :shifty
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #16
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE

My 15mm spacers came in yesterday. I can now put the SSR's back on. So Im running 15mm spacers in the front and 3mm spacers in the rear. Front fitment is dead on with a meaty tire.

Ordered JB4 G5 and down pipes. Hopefully they get here fast
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 10:10 PM   #17
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE

Hey guys. Nothing crazy happened. Since I ordered the JB4 Tune and catless downpipes I decided to get the valves walnut blasted. Dont know if most of you know but since the car is direct port injection, turbo and with a crappy oem PCV valve, the valves in these engines get super dirty. There is no more fuel washing the valves on the intake side so they get grimy.

Before I toss the tune in I decided to have some pros do the work. I took the car over to SpeedElement in San Jose. Over the years I've always gotten parts from here for my S2000/E36 M3/240's and so on... (car problems) Other then the usual tire mount and balance "since they do a lot of deep dish wheel, I trust them" I decided to take the car in for the walnut blasting service. They have done a lot of my buddies BMWs in the past so I ended up here.

Well here it is:

Got there this morning at 10AM right as they opened up. R32 and this wide body FRS which was not bagged. Its on 326 Power Coilovers.... super OG

Since the car was hot, they tossed a fan on it for a bit to cool it down

Since I had some time to waste, my buddy showed me around. The Hunter in ground alignment rack was cool but this, I have not seen before.

Before you get alignment, the rack will set all the tire pressures even. Its cool cause it does it, waits a bit and if they move, it will adjust the pressures again. I thought it was kinda neat

btw this car came in and the air pressure was front 41 and 32, Rear 34 and 38. lol

Back to the 1 series. Cowl and intake are coming out.

Kinda sucks everything is coming off again

Damn it man, I just did this shit last week. I could have waited till today and they could have installed everything for me while they reassembled it :rofl were would the fun in it be tho

Ready to start blasting

Here is one dirty valve for reference "before walnut blasting" BTW considering how dirty it is and the times, one of the previous owners did this before me.

Let the blasting commence

Onto the next, and the next, and the next...

Yeah, you get in there good. Haha, glad these guys put up with me.

"After walnut blasting" Still not done just yet. There is stuff still stuck on the walls.

"Fully cleaned" It looks new again.

Done. Time to put shit back together

I'll be honest. I lost track of time talking to my buddy and forgot to take more photos.

Here is a break down of each cylinder. Talking to them I got them to set up a discount for Bimmerforums and 1addicts people with N54's. $400 for this service in the BayArea is cheap. I've gotten quotes from $590 to $1280 for this service calling over 9 shops.

They just went for a quick drive to check everything. He's looking under the hood to make sure the engine is still there and Im outtahere.

I got home and had a surprise waiting for me........ yay JB4 came in. Time for 2 Step :rofl

Parts to come in:
- Catless Downpipes

Parts I want:
- 1M Front Bumper
- CAE Shifter :shifty
- M3 Front Swaybar
- Wider Kinesis Barrels
- Stud Kit with Race Nuts
- Endless Brake Fluid
- Project U Club Racer Pads
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2016, 07:00 PM   #18
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE

So I've had my old BBS CH's black edition collecting dust since I got the Advans for my wagon. I decided to give them a try on the 1.

Specs:
Front 18x8.5 ET35
Rear 18x10 ET40

Get it girl

Here they are.

Front is perfect for the 245/40/18's Falken RT615's

Rear shot

Well, for "stance" its a perfect fit. For a grip set up unfortunately is a no

So i decided to try the 18x8.5 ET35 in the rear also

Perfect!!!

So no I need to trade someone my 18x10 ET40's for 18x8.5 ET35's. Some E46 M3 guy will be very happy.

So 18x8.5 ET35 Square with a 245/40/18 Falken RT615 Square setup is up next :alright
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2016, 09:32 PM   #19
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE

What a week. Everything was last minute.

I signed up to do another rally this year. It was in part with the Epilepsy Foundation. We raised money and brought awareness while doing a road trip to HRE Open House and having fun.

After trying to fit those 18 inch BBS CH's last week, my buddy traded me his 18x8.5 for my two 18x10's. Now I finally got 18x8.5 ET35 Square. That being said even though it sounds like nothing hard to fit, on the 1 series it's a pain in the ass. I was told I can't fit the front with anything wider than a 225/40/18 and the rear nothing bigger than a 245/35/18. That's crazy considering I want to fit 245/40/18. Reason why I want a meaty tire is grip/comfort/road noise/tire wear.

Let's begin:

So my tires came in. Thanks to Falken USA for pulling strings and getting me the tires so fast. I currently have these tires on my E36 M3 and E91 Touring. I love them and can't say anything bad about them. The grip is phenomenal, they are nice and quiet and they last a long time with a proper alignment. They perform better than the Michelin Sport tires everyone seems to buy for the M3 and they are quieter than my R888's I have and they last longer. Again, I love them.

The second they came in, I threw them in the wagon and took off to have them mounted.

By the time I got home it was late but I couldn't wait

Since I'm doing this much work, I might as well put my bullnose studs on as well

On it

It actually ended up getting dark and I did not take anymore photos. I just focused on finishing.

The next morning though........ since I have camber plates and the coilovers are nice as well, the front is super close but clears with no issues. I have a hint of rubbing from the front bumper corned but nothing I can't live with

The rear on the other hand rubs constantly. This is because the inner lip is in the way and because my rear springs are 500 and not the 700's I need. No biggie, my buddy is giving me his springs and he's on his way. Let's make this fit

You can see the area thats rubbing bad

A little tape, a little silver Sharpie and this dremel

Two and a half disks later, here we are

Quarters are done. Now for the springs. My buddy came through. Old springs are red (500lb) and the teal springs are new (700lp). This is perfect since I'm running 350lb in the front. This is the perfect combo for the 1 series chassis. 350lb front and 700lb rear.

And just as I thought I was done.....NOPE

My girlfriend surprised me with the craziest birthday gift. I had no idea she ordered me a bumper and even had it painted. Crazy. Her and 5 of our other friends pitched in money for it. I was speechless.

I can't freaking wait......screw it, guess I'm putting the bumper on.

No more headlight washers.....oh no

Swapped over my black grills

It's on

Hood seal is back on and done. That was actually really fast.

Time to wash the car..... I guess it's also shower time :rofl

Now, for the shoot

Time to pull out the good camera.

Height/fitment

Full car :alright

Really happy with how this turned out. The bumper makes the complete setup look good.

And for the Rallye stuff

I'd like to point out, it's now 11pm and we are putting on stickers

Girlfriend putting in the work. We ended up getting done at 2:47am

Next morning at 9am, we had a meeting and...... let the Rallye begin!

I had so much fun. San Jose to Santa Barbara to San Diego was awesome. Somewhere along the way, I drove a 993 RWB behind a P1, a GT3 RS, E63 AMG and a E90 M3. I'm going to edit photos and post them up. All to come.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 08:40 PM   #20
thatonetime
Private
Rep

UPDATE
Engines4Epilepsy Rallye

We started at 9am on Thursday morning at Santana Row in San Jose CA.

On the freeway

This car sounded amazing and was a rocket. E63 AMG S with Renntech downpipes and tune plus 19" Work VSXX's and R888's for times. It was close to if not 700hp. :eyebrows

45min into it and the SLS AMG had a low tire pressure warning light. We pulled over to check how low it really was since the light was not yellow but red. I always have my Longacre gauge with me :alright

It ended up being at 18psi on one back wheel. So we decided to go to the nearest gas station.

We will call this #gasstationtakeover1

You're never safe bending over like that to add air in your tires

I've learned my lesson from previous rallies, when at a gas station.....fill up. This little 135 has a tiny tank so I might as well fill it every chance I get.

Chrome seems to be a popular GTR color.

Back on the road again

1 hour later....... Rocket Bunny GTR is running out of gas. Guess all those freeway pulls did not help :rolleyes

#gasstationtakeover2

We had 2 18 wheelers in front of us that came off a dirt road. Nothing but rocks falling off them. Look at my girlfriends reaction to the front bumper.... yeah, its blasted. Rock chips everywhere and it just got painted 4 days ago. We had no time to clear bra it, oh well.

Thank you Falken Tire USA for all the support. I did not forget you guys

Wait, also thank you Fatlace and Rallye as well :eyebrows

Back on the road again. Santa Barbara, here we come!

My front view

My rear view

We got so many thumbs up from people. By the time the 2nd car would drive by someone, their phones would come out and record the rest of the pack

Time for lunch

After lunch, we thought we should get gas one last time before we get to Santa Barbara.
Here is #gasstationtakeover3

Hmm. Seems like we have a problem now. Out of all the cars, the Supercharged SLS won't start. Battery is dead....awkward :shifty Good thing the Range had jumper cables. English cars have to be ready for this type of thing :rofl

My buddy was tired so he asked me to drive his GT3 RS. Can't really say no to that, plus my girlfriend wanted to drive the 1. She loves the car.

We made it to Santa Barbara. We had a small incident with the other AMG. All the Rallye TShirts were in the roof box. Somehow at high speed the bottom of the roof box broke :cool we lost about 25 tshirts on HWY 101. So our way of fixing it was to tape it down with one of the HelloKitty Stripes we had. :rofl

The Hotel reserved parking for us. Yay

The next day we started off on some great roads. The E63 AMG led the pack. It was beautiful and the road was freshly paved.

I'm almost positive this is where the turbos blew on the 1 series Right as I hit about 130 I had a quick stutter. After this, every time I let off the throttle, the car behind me wold go over the walkie-talkie and tell me white/blue smoke would come out slightly. It's under warranty, so I guess BMW will get the car after the Rallye.

It was beautiful. The experience was amazing. No place I would rather be than a smooth mountain road, beautiful scenery, friends and some amazing sounding cars.

We stopped at Safeway for some drinks. We got gas also but my camera was in the E90 M3 and they went to the gas station across the street

Love this Illest hat. I got it last week and I've been getting nothing but compliments on it. I almost want to go buy another before they fully run out and I won't see one ever again.

And a few minutes after.....DISASTER. The Aux cable broke. Good bye Pandora, hello garbage radio

Spotted this beautiful Jag on the freeway.

Btw this Kiwi Redbull is tasty. Better not be Summer Edition only.

We stopped on HWY 1 to take a photo. Our group got split up. Some of us got food at Neptune's Net from Fast and the Furious and other half decided to drive straight to San Diego and go swimming in the pool.

AND... welcome to LA traffic.

Yup. Turbos are done. It's now puffing smoke every time you get off the throttle.

We ended up getting 2 Air BnB places. Houses were close by. Both views were fantastic.

Pool at house number 1

Pool and beach at house number 2

After a long fun night everyone started waking up. I did not take photos the night before but our 3 other friends made it over. The McLaren P1 showed up and so did both RWBs with Rotiform Wheels.

And we now have a little problem. Something is rattling bad on the front of the C4 RWB. I drove it up and down the street and it sounds like the front diff bushing is shot. Right as I'm about to pull it on our driveway, everyone hears something hit the ground

I'm fucking sure. Thank god the driveway is steep. We can use it to our advantage.

I can see where it fell from but I can't get close to it. This is where we got sketchy and inventive :shifty

Now the question is who will go under it. I hate this part because I'm more car savvy so I always get volunteered. YUP. That train is never late.

Damn it. It's me.

Where it's missing from

And it's now back on

While I did the diff mount, others vinyled the cars. My girlfriend is doing the vinyling and she has about 5 other people doing the managing job. Everyone is so good at micro managing. lol :rofl

Brought the 2nd RWB down.

Now to meet everyone and roll in to HRE Open House. This will be fun. Got to drive the RWB since I fixed it. Loved every second of it. Following the P1 on the freeway was an added bonus.

I don't know if the Ihop parking lot was the best place for the meet up

Our other 2 friends showed up a little later. They could not take off Thursday and Friday but they made it down.

AND... HRE Open House. Here we are.

It was part of the Rallye also

Full family. Dad, Mom, Son.

HRE Open House was awesome. Place was packed.

Kids loved the P1 and the owner is really nice. He let all the kids sit in it.

Mr. Smoking Tire talked to us for a bit and gave out some prizes. We all got tickets as a group. 72 tickets and we won nothing :rofl

But some dude won 2 times in a row. You can see everyone looking back like WTF

Good bye HRE Open House 2016, until next year. Now to the Hotel and pool. Downtown San Diego, here we come.

Driving the E90 M3. This car is a blast. Every single bushing has been changed to spherical. I'm sure the 3 way external reservoir coilovers make the experience that much better also

It's now Sunday morning. We got breakfast at the hotel... Let's go home. San Diego to San Jose. I left driving the E90 M3 while my buddy rested in the 135i with my girlfriend driving.

Super happy with the car. It did not rub anywhere the whole trip. I'd like to thank my E90 M3 friend as he helped me dial in my Rebound and Compression perfect over the course of the Rallye. The car handles like a dream and I've achieved my Fitment/Handling look

A few more "gas station take overs" later

Window is so dirty. I forgot to wash it at the last stop... damn.

Right as the sun was going down, we pulled into Gilroy. I'm now 35 miles from home. I'm ready to sit on my couch, see my dog and fall asleep watching Netflix.

The End
Appreciate 2
      06-09-2016, 03:01 PM   #21
Simonnn
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Awesome pics.. the colour of your car is Sparkling Graphite right? I think you may have sold me on that front bumper, adding it to my mod list
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2016, 02:52 PM   #22
thatonetime
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonnn View Post
Awesome pics.. the colour of your car is Sparkling Graphite right? I think you may have sold me on that front bumper, adding it to my mod list
Yes sir. Sparkling Graphite. I love the color. Our E91 is the same color as well.
The front bumper changes the look of the car drastically. Its perfect.

UPDATE

Dealer Trip :eek

So, as stated above, my turbos blew on the 135 while I was on the Rallye

Since I have extended warranty on the car I decided to take it into the dealer. I assumed this process will be painful and time consuming. Maybe I should have taken the stickers off before dropping it off but I had no time.

Tuesday
I got to Stevens Creek BMW and the service advisor I got was amazing. He checked in the car, copied all my extended warranty info and he pushed all the paperwork and even contacted them. He set up an appointment with them and told them the car was in for blown turbos and they diagnosed them as blown turbos as well.

Wednesday
The extended warranty had an adjuster out there the next day. My service advisor helped him out to get any info he needed. The adjuster was super experienced with this process. He recorded the exhaust sound and start up, he had them pull off the under tray and he took photos of everything on my car including the coilovers and tires/wheels. My advisor said that was a bit weird about the coilovers/wheels/tires but he said he still has faith in them covering it.

Thursday
I got a call at 8:30am. Best news ever. He said the insurance company called and approved the turbos. :alright
I was super excited. He said they won't cover 2 return lines and I would have to pay my deductible for $200

Here we go. Since I told him I would do a write up on it, he took down my cell number and I told him to text me on the process. I thought they would take 1 week to get this done but...

Thursday 9:12AM
Car is up on the lift and ready to go

Thursday 11:15AM
I'm just as blown away about all this as you. Turbos are off

The old turbos and the fact that they were leaking

Brand Spanking New Goodness!!!

Thursday 11:55AM
Turbos are on. yay

Thursday 2:05PM
He sends me a photo of the car and said, "It's all back together and running. It's warming up. We are checking all your fluids as well and topping everything off"

Thursday 2:45PM
Tells me the test drive went perfect. Car is 100% fixed. They are putting it through the wash it's ready for pick up....READY FOR PICK UP. This is all in one day. ONE DAY.

Crazy. My car was given to the dealer on Tuesday and I'm picking it up on Thursday. Total of 3 days for them to diagnose, get the work approved and do the work. I was speechless. I've never had this great for a dealer experience before.

At 4:30PM I got there, signed my paperwork, paid the $357 I owed and I picked up my awesome new turbos car BTW Derek (my service adviser) told me since the new turbos got installed by the dealer, they are now covered under BMW warranty for 2 years unlimited miles....YES! Thats awesome.

Appreciate 0