BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-09-2012, 04:17 PM   #1
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i all stock

Anyone here use Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax?

If anyone here lives in Canada, you will know that if you want any blackfire products, then good luck finding them.

I have FINALLY found blackfire products (not all of them) in canada.

I ordered the Blackfire Midnight Sun Wax + WheelWax from thedetailingshop.com. I was going to order the BF Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection as well and use the wax on top of it (like recommended) however it is out of stock and I can't find it anywhere.

I don't really have many swirl marks at all so I am not really worried about those but what polish do you recommend I use, I have Meguiars M205 I think it was which is just a paint cleaning/cleansing polish I believe (too lazy to check what it is in the garage now) but its barely abrasive at all, should I use that first? I have the PorterCable 7424XP. What pad should I use on it to polish out the car first.

Will post before/after pics of the car before washed/clayed/washed and polished and waxed and after pics after.

Here it is:

http://www.thedetailingshop.com/en/e...p17624116.html

It says to apply it then buff off almost immediately before it hazes... I thought you had to wait the 15-20 minutes for it to dry and then buff off... why would this be?

It also states 2 coats will make it look much better, will it make that much of a difference between 1 coat and 2 coats?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
PA135i
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 08 CR-V

I get my 135i professionally detailed once a year. In the spring after Winter. In fact it will be done this Friday. The detailer clays, polishes and waxes it. I also get the interior done including shampooed carpets.

I purchased the Midnight sun wax last year and started using it after the spring detail. You will love the way your car looks after using it. It's like a candy apple finish. hard to describe. It is easy on and off. I was hooked on it and was waxing it every other week for a few months. You won't gain much from the additional coats but I enjoyed doing it.

My car never looked better with any other wax. And I have used many over the years. Good luck. You'll love it.

Last edited by PA135i; 04-11-2012 at 08:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2012, 08:58 PM   #3
Adam135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

I use the all paint protection sealant, it's fantastic. You can apply wax on top of sealant, but you can't apply sealant on top of wax. I prefer to "wax" my car with sealant every 3 months since Blackfire APP provides plenty of shine and protects the paint better than traditional carnauba wax.

How familiar are you with polishing paint with a Porter Cable? You can damage the paint if you don't know what you're doing.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
theonlynameleft
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i all stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam135 View Post
I use the all paint protection sealant, it's fantastic. You can apply wax on top of sealant, but you can't apply sealant on top of wax. I prefer to "wax" my car with sealant every 3 months since Blackfire APP provides plenty of shine and protects the paint better than traditional carnauba wax.

How familiar are you with polishing paint with a Porter Cable? You can damage the paint if you don't know what you're doing.
not very, I have a PC7424 and only used it once really last year and it worked out well.

The Blackfire All Paint Protection Sealant I can't find anywhere else so can I use an almost none abbrasive polish like Meguiars (M205 I think) and then this?

I didn't realize the 7424 could really damamge the paint unless you're really stupid about it. I used it on my friends Acura last friday with M83 (more abbrassive) and it got rid of quite alot of swirls using the orange pad.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
remaeb
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kja325ci View Post
I get my 135i professionally detailed once a year. In the spring after Winter. In fact it will be done this Friday. The detailer clays, polishes and waxes it. I also get the interior done including shampooed carpets.

I purchased the Midnight sun wax last year and started using it after the spring detail. You will love the way your car looks after using it. It's like a candy apple finish. hard to describe. It is easy on and off. I was hooked on it and was waxing it every other week for a few months. You won't gain much from the additional coats but I enjoyed doing it.

My car never looked better with any other wax. And I have used many over the years. Good luck. You'll love it.
I agree this is my approach as well
Appreciate 0