BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-14-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Racetech 4009w installed :)

For anybody that was curious if they'd fit....they do, albeit barely. I have 2mm clearance to the doors when they're closed.

01-14-2013, 11:25 AM   #2
RimasRS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 SD

Nice but from the pic it looks like sitting position is much higher than oem seat maybe it is just pics.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RimasRS View Post
Nice but from the pic it looks like sitting position is much higher than oem seat maybe it is just pics.
The drivers seat puts my head right at oem level...i could drop it maybe another 1/4 inch if i really wanted. The passenger seat I have sitting about 1/2 inch higher than the drivers b/c it just made it worlds easier to install and the position isn't as important as the drivers side.
      01-21-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 MR "Civic" ///M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
wondering if this would be a good fit for me. I need something lower than OEM (manual) seats. At 6'1" and a helmet (at the track) I have to recline quite a bit, and open the sunroof cover.

Where did you pick them up from? Bimmerworld?
      01-22-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yandy I got these seats from In Nothing Flat motorsports. I know the owner from track events. He gave me a great deal which I couldn't pass up. As far as being lower than the oem seat...you're going to be hard pressed to find something that really gets you much lower. The OEM seats really sit low. I'm 6'3 and my head with a helmet on barely rubs on the area just behind the sunroof shade. That being said I'm hoping with sitting in them the padding will compress a bit and give me a bit more room there, but they're such comfy seats. Way comfier to me than any of the sparco's I tried out.
      01-22-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Maybe I sit up to straight or something? who knows?. But race seats are in my near future, and glad you like these. They don't seem to bad price wise either from just researching around.

Thanks!
      01-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
pixelblue
Colonel
Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
wondering if this would be a good fit for me. I need something lower than OEM (manual) seats. At 6'1" and a helmet (at the track) I have to recline quite a bit, and open the sunroof cover.

Where did you pick them up from? Bimmerworld?
these are really awesome seats. was able to sit on them before Chris put them in and I really liked the contour on the seats and how comfortable they were. I can't imagine your butt moving an inch because of the design. would have love to get a set myself if I had the budget. I am 6'3" too and I don't have any problem with headroom. also I am sure you already know this but a lower seat position and a further back position helps with improving the center of gravity for the car.
      01-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #8
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yandy View Post
Maybe I sit up to straight or something? who knows?. But race seats are in my near future, and glad you like these. They don't seem to bad price wise either from just researching around.

Thanks!
They're a bit pricey...but they're by far the best quality and structurally wise. Let me know when you're thinking of shopping around for them and I'll put you in contact with my friend Chad to get you pricing and such.
      01-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #9
yandy
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
these are really awesome seats. was able to sit on them before Chris put them in and I really liked the contour on the seats and how comfortable they were. I can't imagine your butt moving an inch because of the design. would have love to get a set myself if I had the budget. I am 6'3" too and I don't have any problem with headroom. also I am sure you already know this but a lower seat position and a further back position helps with improving the center of gravity for the car.
good to hear, I don't mind paying the price as long as the quality's there and the comfort. Since during track days, the car will be moving allot, having comfortable seats that keep you in is a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focusedintntions View Post
They're a bit pricey...but they're by far the best quality and structurally wise. Let me know when you're thinking of shopping around for them and I'll put you in contact with my friend Chad to get you pricing and such.
I will get with you soon, but first, working out a deal for the oil cooler.
      02-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #10
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

I'm not a BMW guy but I'm incredibly interested in checking out that exact seat you have. Problem is I can't find anyone local that has one. I'm down towards Richmond but don't mind taking a drive. Any chance I'd be able to test the seat? I really want to see one in person and take some measurements. I want to stuff that seat in a s2000
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
I'm not a BMW guy but I'm incredibly interested in checking out that exact seat you have. Problem is I can't find anyone local that has one. I'm down towards Richmond but don't mind taking a drive. Any chance I'd be able to test the seat? I really want to see one in person and take some measurements. I want to stuff that seat in a s2000
Steve if you wanted to take a drive up to winchester you'd be more than welcome to check them out. rt211 on a nice sunny day is hard to beat!
      03-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Thanks! I might have to take you up on it soon. And if you ever plan to sell the passenger side seat so you can match the red driver seat let me know because I'd definitely be interested.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #13
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
Thanks! I might have to take you up on it soon. And if you ever plan to sell the passenger side seat so you can match the red driver seat let me know because I'd definitely be interested.

haha wouldn't sell the seat to make it red...just swap in the red inserts
      03-02-2013, 06:06 AM   #14
AZ_1Zeries
midnight modder
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 135i cp 6MT

What floor mounts did you use for this seat? Does the seat mount holes taper from front to back? I'm wondering if they work with VAC motorsports universal mounts..
COBB Race E30, CDV Mod, Pedal Stop Mod, KW V2, M3 control arms and 28mm Frt Sway, Helix FMIC, AR DPs, DCIs, ER Chargepipe/Tial BOV, Agency Power Mids, CPe axleback exhaust, BMS 4LED Angel Eyes, BMW Perf CF mirror caps, Bimmian Amber Delete, Alufegen SF71 Hankook Ventus[/FONT]
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep

I have the vac floor mounts as well as the seat mounts. If you're planning on using the oem seatbelts get the mach schnell ones. They're almost identical minus how the oem seatbelt clip mounts and I think the mach's are better designed.