BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

08-06-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
sean67
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

C&C Charlotte

Just got back from my first Cars and Coffee or any event for that matter with my 1M. Reaction was very positive to the car and the color. Meet a lot of nice folks that had some really cool cars. As usual you never know what you will see and that is what I love about C&C: Rat rods, Ferrari's, Lambo's, Resto's, etc.

Here are a few pics. The owner of the ZR1 showed up late as we were leaving but was nice enough to chat with me about the Z. He then asks about the 1M and tells me he has it's sister form the same dealer (I guess the 1st VO 1M - along with a lots of others cars that made me drool - X5M, Ford GT, F-430, and on and on). He said he thought I should really enjoy the 1M and he really liked his. Nice statement from someone with his stable. Ran into my wife's cousin who I had not seen in years and we did not recognize each other for a while. Come to find out he had a BSM 1M (that's his E46M3)on order so he got to check it out and took him for a ride and may have changed his mind about color choice.

Great time.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
very nice

wish we had meets like this where i live

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
Cisitalia
No fast lane bandits allowed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i TiAg 6mt M-Sport

Hi Sean, where was this meeting held at? Looks like some nice cars were there. Congrats on the 1M. Nice car. OBTW, I live in the Ballantyne area.

Brad
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 04:09 PM   #4
Angry3
All your 1 are belong to us!!!
Rep
Drives: '08 135i 'Vert

It was great to meet you Sean, thanks for taking the time to let me drool over your new ride. Would have loved to have mine up with yours to compare them side by side, but I'm coming off of surgery to remove a disc in my neck and not at a point where I can get it display-worthy.

For the uninitiated, the Charlotte C&C has become a pretty big deal. A very eclectic mix of modded muscle, imports, exotics, and the occasional bizarre. To say that Sean's car was the star of the show today would be a massive understatement. There were folks gathered around it the entire time I was there. I've been going up there for more than a year, and I've never seen another car gather the attention this one did (and there have been some *very* impressive cars that have made appearances there.)

Cistalia: Northlake Mall parking lot behind P.F. Changs, first Saturday of every month, 8-11 a.m. (though a lot of folks roll out at closer to 10, especially in the summer).

Congrats on the car Sean, hope you enjoy the heck out of it and to see you next month.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
bogeyman
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Golf GTD. GR Yaris CP incoming

Not knocking the M3s ability but it looks so dated next to the 1M
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
v1k0d3n
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C /// (and x3 for the wife)

Hey guys, stay in touch...I'm in the Charlotte area too and go to the C&C meets. I get my BSM 1M in Oct at the performance center. It'd be nice to meet up with some fellow 1addicts.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2011, 07:15 PM   #7
sean67
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry3 View Post
It was great to meet you Sean, thanks for taking the time to let me drool over your new ride. Would have loved to have mine up with yours to compare them side by side, but I'm coming off of surgery to remove a disc in my neck and not at a point where I can get it display-worthy.

For the uninitiated, the Charlotte C&C has become a pretty big deal. A very eclectic mix of modded muscle, imports, exotics, and the occasional bizarre. To say that Sean's car was the star of the show today would be a massive understatement. There were folks gathered around it the entire time I was there. I've been going up there for more than a year, and I've never seen another car gather the attention this one did (and there have been some *very* impressive cars that have made appearances there.)

Cistalia: Northlake Mall parking lot behind P.F. Changs, first Saturday of every month, 8-11 a.m. (though a lot of folks roll out at closer to 10, especially in the summer).

Congrats on the car Sean, hope you enjoy the heck out of it and to see you next month.
Angry3,

Very nice meeting you today and thanks for the very kind comments. I will be there next month and hopefully we can connect again and kick tires. If you need some help with your car shoot me a PM and I would be glad to help you out with your 1. I am sure the recooperation from something like that is not easy. Hopefully you can get your dad's Atomic orange vette your 1 and my VO side by side so I can get some pics next time.

Cistalia come on out. It is a great with with a bunch of petroholics that appreciate cars. Very good showing for for the Bimmer crowd with lots of nice examples of 1's, 3's, M's, and a real sweat 2002 there today.
Appreciate 0