BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #1
FstBlk135
Rep
Drives: 135

F/S 2009 135i BLK/BLK 45k miles PRICED TO SELL ASAP!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Hey guys,

As the title says, I am putting up my 135i 6SP M/T for sale. CLEAN TITLE, AND TITLE IN HAND, NO LIEN. I bought this car back in april of this year with only 43,400 miles and currently it has 45,6xx miles. I am the second owner. Unfortunately though, being in the military and currently stationed in afghanistan, AND GETTING F'KIN extended for 6-7 months I am no longer in need of the car. The car has been beautifully maintained with all new coils, plugs, injectors, and all fluids were changed ( you can call oyster bmw in ny, ask for the service advisor, Rich, and he can confirm that the above mentioned has been done). Luckily though, I was able to drive it on my vacation this past august, before making up my mind to sell the car. The car come with all NEW, yes NEW, mods which all have less than 1000 miles and I tend to sell it AS IS. It's easier for me since i'm overseas and my buddy who's taking care of the car doens't have time to take all the mods off and sell it seperately.
I really, really, really hate to sell this car since i;ve only had it for like 5-6 months and couldn't fully enjoy it, and that the mods have less than 1000miles. Basically, my loss is your gain and I really hope it goes to a good home and someone that is a big car enthusiast like I am. Car is currently in Bayside, NY and best way to get in touch with me is through email.

fstblk135@gmail.com

Mods and parts: (will give all oem parts to the buyer as well)

-BMW M-SPORTS package
-BMW OEM spark plugs
-BMW OEM injectors
-BMW OEM Coils
-BMW OEM trunk spoiler
-BMW OEM M Shift knob
-COBB AP
-Active Autowerk Exhaust
-BMW OEM N55 Midpipe
-ER Chargepipe HKS BOV
-ETS 7" FMIC
-JIC Coilovers
-StopTech Drill/Slotted rotors Front AND Rear with StopTech Pads Front AND Rear
-Dynavin Touchscreen navi w/ BT and BT Audio
-18" staggered Breighton GTR-S rims : 225 front 255 rears (comes with extra set of BRAND NEW front tires)
-20% tints all around. Just recently done.

Feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to work out numbers with you. Like I said, it's a beautifully maintained car and I'm selling it as is PLUS i'm giving away all the oem parts, even the oem rims and tires. So, don't low-ball me with prices, pls. Price is $22,000 AND IT IS PRICED TO SELL!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by FstBlk135; 10-30-2013 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2013, 04:25 PM   #2
FstBlk135
Rep

guys, throw me an offer, let's move this car! =) pm or email me fstblk135@gmail.com
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #3
jcwr56
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: R56 JCW, E82

damn i should have waited 2 months before buying mine. lol. so many 1er's for sale. I want those wheels.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2013, 10:50 AM   #4
FstBlk135
Rep

haha yeah, you should've!! haha. I love these wheels too, but said to see the car and everything with it, go.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
FstBlk135
Rep

Sunday bump. Guys, im open to offers so do be scared by the price i listed for the car. Basically, i just don't want it to sit in my buddy's garage when someone can be enjoying this car.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
FstBlk135
Rep

still for sale. throw offers guys. =)
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
FstBlk135
Rep

weekend bump! price lowered!! $24.5k for everything!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #8
FstBlk135
Rep

Sale pending...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 09:05 PM   #9
bluephobic(1)
Inspiring the youth of tommorow...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AllTheTQ's

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstBlk135
Sale pending...
happy for ya bud ...similar situation military and need to sell mine now
991.1 911 GT3 Guards red over black alcantara
P13 570GT MSO Volcano Red over saddle tan
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 12:33 PM   #10
FstBlk135
Rep

sale fell through...last price drop..$22k for EVERYTHING...

Last edited by FstBlk135; 10-27-2013 at 01:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 04:00 PM   #11
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Sent you an email
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
FstBlk135
Rep

replied back.thx!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2013, 11:24 PM   #13
robreputah
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 15' f82 m4

sent you a message, let me know what you think
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2013, 04:14 PM   #14
FstBlk135
Rep

update, sold!! everyone, thx for your interest.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #15
drum3rjay28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '09 135i

Thumbs down Fellow 1addicts BEWARE: Phil Kwon

Hello fellow 1addicts!

So I bought this car, and let me tell you, what an adventure! Please feel free to read my ordeal below. I am thankful that there is such a large, supportive community surrounding this car, so I want to make sure that my FEEDBACK to you guys reflects an experience that I hope NONE of you have--especially with this seller...

As a newly diagnosed 1addict, I had been researching the 135i for the better part of a year and finally decided to sell my 2006 Legacy GT this summer and buy one of my own. My preference was a 2009-2010 model and I saw and drove quite a few of them. A previous coworker of mine owned one and after seeing it daily for several months, I had decided that it was right up my alley: small car, big engine + RWD. I just had to have this car!! So I began returning my beloved LGT back to stock-ish and sold it so that I could purchase this car. I saw a few very nice potential finds, but 3 stood out to me throughout this search beginning in mid June. 2 were in Maryland and 1 was in VA, so I was going to road trip to see all of them out of convenience. My potential buyers were all a little flaky; some were even trying to buy my LGT for non-turbo Legacy prices. Meanwhile, the 135i selections were growing, changing, etc.

One of the Maryland 135is sold in July, (***see here***) so I drove another in CT and then almost leased a 135is from BMW of Tenafly for an absolute steal!!…(The finance guys got mad when i kept adding thousands to my down payment HAHAHA!!! I walked and ignored their calls for weeks! I actually think the salesman bought the car after that, lol!). Days later, I received a cold call about my LGT and within a week, it was sold and I personally delivered it to West Haven CT…what a sad day! I loved that car, but I was going to love the next one even more…I had seen a 135i that looked just like the jet black one that sold in MD a couple of months back, and it had some killer wheels on it (***see here***)! It just looked sick! I had a feeling that I would be buying this one for sure, so I soon found myself in the process of selling my LGT and possibly acquiring that 135i! I emailed the owner, Phil, who was stationed in Afghanistan and we arranged to have me meet his friend 'H' to see the car. I thanked him for his service to this country and before long, I visited the car!

Right at first sight, I knew I was going to buy the car. 'H' met me at a Burger King parking lot in Bayside, Queens and he was sitting in the car with his GF. I went all over the car and noticed several imperfections with the car all throughout: broken headlight tabs, mismatched hood/trunk and chassis paint, scraped side skirts, missing trunk liner, spaced front fenders running 245 squared on those crazy Breytons! I had 'H' do a couple of good revs to help check for any ridiculous misfires--I found none. There were no codes. 'H' said he didn't know much about the car or the mods; he was just helping his friend sell it. I took him for his word and called Phil to talk serious numbers. I talked him down to 20k (yes I am honest…my hope is that true honesty will NEVER come back to bite you if you believe in karma!) Before even test driving the car, I had a decent feeling about what I was seeing, so I got right down to business. He pondered and said: "Hmm…well, just promise me that this car is going to a good home and that you'll treat it like a car enthusiast, etc." I am a car enthusiast, so this struck a chord with me, so with that, the deal was all but done. I was going to follow 'H' to get the signed title…this is where the problems started!

This is the part where I should have turned an RAN away, but I naively figured, "Hey, not everyone is so malicious and id driven. This is a soldier risking life and limb defending our country--his friends and family have just mishandled his documents for him. We'll straighten this out. 'H' was very nice and patient through this entire time, and by now, everyone was aware that the title was in SOMEONE's house, and that it just needed to be pinned down and overnighted. 'H' and I drew up a deposit receipt with all present attached as signed witnesses and I felt very secure that it would all be sorted in a matter of days. After hearing from Phil that the title was "mistakenly thrown out" by his aunt/friend/cousin/whatever in Norwich, NY, I demanded that he have his friend deliver this car to me as collateral. Since I could not register or drive it, it would sit parked with no tags or stickers until the paperwork situation was cleared up. So I waited as this "overnighted" title took weeks to arrive, spending my hard earned money on rental cars, and at the very moment that I finally lost my patience and called the transaction off…SURPRISE! "James, my buddy just received the title and is going to overnight it to you!" Suddenly, I went from 'One Last Chance' mode to pure elation as my soon to be 1addiction was to be fully realized! I would be driving in days--no more expensive rentals, no more BS; I'll finally be able to move that beautiful piece of metal out of the sloped driveway and take it on its first of many 70 mile work commutes! That is until Phil's bank, Bank of America, refused to accept the standard-issue 2 party Pentagon Federal auto loan check without both of us being present. Joy, instantly turned into frenetic panic, and ultimately frustration as I now felt genuinely bad about PHIL's new problem; I became the titled and registered owner of his car for a measly couple-thousand bucks and I was determined to help sort this problem out by any means necessary!

Obviously I had ZERO intention of screwing around here, as karma can and does bite HARD if you let it, so I gave it my all and stubbornly pit bulled my way through several branch managers, regional managers and district managers of Bank of America, Chase (secondary assurance) and Penfed through 6 different physical bank locations and exceeded my cellphone bill by 382 minutes! I expedited the check to his aunt, a very patient and obviously caring woman, who wasted an ENTIRE day (as did I) moving from bank to bank trying to get Bank of America to sign off on my endorsement and accept the deposit because the Phil and I were unable to physically conduct this transaction together. His aunt mailed the check back to me because Phil and I figured we would try something else…and then the codes finally started showing up!

One by one, the cylinders began misfiring, SES sirens were blaring, and my temper was flaring!! LIGHT BULB! The car had no codes because they were all cleared with the Cobb AP during my visit, and I was too hasty to question it when I smelled the unburnt fuel. Limp mode began, and with that, more rentals, more money, and more frustration! Dammit! All I was doing was driving to the inspection station and BLAM! Dead car!! I told Phil--DEMANDED that he had better take money off of this car because it was NOW at the mechanic getting estimates for total labor needed. I had driven this car for less than a week and all of a sudden, it had betrayed me! This was Election Day and I work in broadcast television doing a job that only I can do, yet I can't even move the car more than 1 mile at 60 mph! After driving my $170 per day economy car rental to work LATE (1/2 day pay, folks! ), all I could do was silently steam over the whole issue. My coworkers gave me a "Get Well Soon" post-it as they all knew what had just happened; word spreads quick! While I have the lion's share of the funds, I implored Phil to make this transaction fair and equitable or simply take the car back. It was OBVIOUS that he had a problem and was hunting it down; that clarity came for me after re-reading his advertisement--see my corrected version below!

I received a ridiculous, uncomfortably high repair estimate because of the high degree of unknown lingering issues with the car; suspect DME, leaks everywhere, fouled injectors and o2 sensors, and other uglies that I was determined to have equitably sorted out, so I demanded that Phil discount his price by a sizable sum to the tune of $4000…That should cover the cost of those repairs and all the rentals that I had been driving while trying to be patient with him! Seems fair to me, and technically, I could have simply ignored him and retained full ownership of the car, leaving him with NO legal recourse, but I chose to do the right thing by offering him a number that should make sense to both of us OR the opportunity to take the car back and wash this away. I demanded a timely response from him so that I could send him an appropriate payment and we could both move on with our lives. Instead of woking it out with Phil, however, I received a litigation threat from his lawyer sent to my job and my home! He was a prick--one of those "If you've been hurt in any kind of accident" kinds of lawyers that decided to play contract lawyer as a favor to his friend, so that he could scare me into paying the full bear. So…I hired my REAL contract lawyer!

I discussed cutting my $4000 demand in half with my lawyer and just settling this quickly so that I don't have to deal with this issue for months, and according to Phil's lawyer, he "reluctantly agreed"…In retrospect, I should have threatened HIM first with the lawyer game (fraud, misrepresentation, forgery, etc.), but that is not the kind of guy I am! Aaaaaand the check was recut and signed off PERSONALLY by the VP of Penfed who genuinely felt bad about what Phil was doing to me. I then made arrangements to hand off the check PERSONALLY to another one of his friends at a Bank of America location in exchange for the box of "OEM" parts…yeah, the Whatever-BMW-Parts-You-Can-Find-In-My-Friends-Garage parts box (plus an ETS 7" FMIC! . With that, the deal was done…fast forward several weeks and 2 repair shops later; the beast is roaring again!!! Everything that was modified was reviewed and redone, and I am happy to report that the car is driving well. Fingers are crossed but I think I have all the issues sorted out, and while I COULD have been much happier, things often happen for a reason! I did some IN-DEPTH research on the history of the car, and I now know the FULL history about the car and how it was treated prior to Phil, and I had the opportunity to clear the web of lies that were told to me by Phil. I thank the guy who sold it to Phil…after personally speaking with him, it turns out that the car that was sold in Maryland (the one from July) actually belonged to him! no wonder why I loved this particular car so much!!! BIG THANK YOU aedwardsix!!! You really helped my separate the fact from fiction with this car--now I can truly be addicted to this car; it has a STORY, a story that I am glad to share with you all!

My takeaway from this, besides the obvious:
Sometimes we may accidentally drop our wallet and HOPE that the person walking behind us will pick it up without opening it and run. RUN, passing by all the pedestrians staring in awe, bedazzled by the perception of abnormal, socially disruptive action, bearing the classic WTF? face. RUN, jumping over gaps, cracks, medians, vagrants, passing over the desire to stop. RUN without a single greed-weighted stride running around his single-track, mission-focused mind. All this selfless running so that he can ensure that he catches up before we get on that subway train. Sadly, we realize that more often than not, we should have turned back to meet eyes with the runner!… Who actually knows if he's running towards you or forward of you?

Feel free to view my CORRECTED and annotated version of Phil's original listing:

Hey guys,

As the title says, I am putting up my 135i 6SP M/T for sale. CLEAN TITLE, AND TITLE IN HAND, NO LIEN. I bought this car back in april of this year***BULLSHIT, you bought it July 28th, 2013 when your previous owner confirmed that your check had been received*** with only 43,400 miles and currently it has 45,6xx miles. I am the second owner. ***SURE you are! Carfax disagrees with you on this one; I am now the 4th owner! Not usually a problem for me, but all things considered…*** I am Unfortunately though, being in the military and currently stationed in afghanistan, AND GETTING F'KIN extended for 6-7 months I am no longer in need of the car. The car has been beautifully maintained with all new coils, plugs, injectors, and all fluids were changed ( you can call oyster bmw in ny, ask for the service advisor, Rich, and he can confirm that the above mentioned has been done). ***I guess I can, but WHY? Should have known…wasn't done by you*** Luckily though, I was able to drive it on my vacation this past august, before making up my mind to sell the car. ***AHEM, Luckily! Should have read more like, "I was able to (have my friends) joyride it for a couple of months while I was in Afghanistan, and they found some issues that I didn't want to deal with, I sold some shit and bought some shit from forum members to make it better trying to fix the car, but decided to sell it instead."*** The car come with all NEW, yes NEW, mods ***NEW??? Which ones? Please tell me which parts you purchased new. Your lawyer couldn't even understand why you couldn't produce receipts and you are lucky I gave you a break here…your lawyer should have read this part!!*** which all have less than 1000 miles and I tend to sell it AS IS. It's easier for me ***TO SCAM YOU*** since i'm overseas and my buddy who's taking care of the car ***His buddy is ACTUALLY a very nice person…I don't know HOW he deals with such a manipulative "friend" who has him running around endlessly on his behalf!*** doens't have time to take all the mods off and sell it seperately.
I really, really, really hate ***correction: HAVE***to sell this car since i;ve only had it for like 5-6 months ***Try 2-3 months, actually!*** and couldn't fully enjoy it, and that the mods have less than 1000miles.***Maybe he forgot two zeros here?? Counting is difficult, I guess!*** Basically, my loss is your gain ***Oops, got that backwards! Dyslexia kicking in too!*** and I really hope it goes to a good home and someone that is a big car enthusiast like I am. Car is currently in Bayside, NY and best way to get in touch with me is through email **Because if you call me, I will just create more lies and mislead you more!***

Phillip Kwon

INC Customs, Buffalo, NY: He has something to do with this tuning shop, maybe part owner?--Can't trust a business if you can't trust the owners/principals.

fstblk135
fstblk135@gmail.com
pkwon9285
pkwon9285@gmail.com
pghirumk0902
pineapplewonton@gmail.com
All these handles were used during the purchase and sale of this car…all the same dude! Broke rule number 11 of the forum rules too:
11) DOUBLE / SECONDARY ACCOUNTS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Only one account is allowed per member.
Got something to hide Phil??

Mods and parts: (will give all oem parts to the buyer as well)

-BMW M-SPORTS package
-BMW OEM spark plugs ***Hunting***
-BMW OEM injectors ***For***
-BMW OEM Coils ***A problem!!!***
-BMW OEM trunk spoiler ***Receipt please…truth came out later***
-BMW OEM M Shift knob ***Receipt please…truth came out later***
-COBB AP ***Receipt please…you get the idea, this shit is from the PO***
-Active Autowerk Exhaust ***Recei…NVM, more used shit! Claimed it was new!***
-BMW OEM N55 Midpipe ***Phil claims previous owner put a hole in original…I'd like him to chime in here! BS!***
-ER Chargepipe HKS BOV ***OK, this is getting old!!***
-ETS 7" FMIC ***Saw the forum post, someone offloading a part they don't want; again no receipt!"***
-JIC Coilovers ***Previous owner, NOT YOU!***
-StopTech Drill/Slotted rotors Front AND Rear with StopTech Pads Front AND Rear ***Jury is out on this "MOD"***
-Dynavin Touchscreen navi w/ BT and BT Audio ***OK this might be new, but it was hacked in there and simply needs to be re-done. Lucky I actually know what I'm doing in that department!***
-18" staggered Breighton GTR-S rims : 225 front 255 rears (comes with extra set of BRAND NEW front tires) ***BOOLSHEET! Used set of rims--actually 245 Square used tires with no extra set of "BRAND NEW front tires". Received the previous owner's tires on the OEM 264s. I don't care, tires are cheap, but still--c'mon maaaaan! Haha…oh yea, receipt please?! ***
-20% tints all around. Just recently done. ***By someone else***

Feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to work out numbers with you. ***Actually, he did his best not to lose his shirt on this until HE brought the lawyers out(The "If you've been hurt in any kind of accident" kind, mind you!)…then it got ugly for him!*** Like I said, it's a beautifully maintained car***"Not by me, though,"*** and I'm selling it as is PLUS i'm giving away all the oem parts, ***"From any random BMW that I've owned. The parts are sitting in a box and I don't have time to go through them so I'll give it all to the buyer. Oh you can have the stock DV and OEM wheels, whatever my friends find for me"***even the oem rims and tires. So, don't low-ball me with prices, pls***because I'm trying to profit off of this car 'cause I actually bought it pretty cheap at just under $18,000! Win for me!***. Price is $22,000 AND IT IS PRICED TO SELL! ***WAS $25.5 and then I set him straight at the $20k it was actually worth. Judging from the forum post, he still netted a small profit…that is, until his little lawyer game cost him that profit and he broke even! Glad I was able to sap that potential profit from his SNAKEskin wallet!!***

Guys, please be forewarned that Phil may sound like an idiot on the phone, but he is a snake that is fully capable of fabricating a massive web of lies! I got sucked in, but I am sooooo glad I now know about it! People suck sometimes; this guy takes the cake…One of the US Army's finest examples! I'm being facetious here; absolutely no disrespect to the honest service men from any branch of the military--you all have my utmost respect and honor. Thanks for reading my first REAL post, though it is a doozy! Can't wait to see what the future brings!

Last edited by drum3rjay28; 12-14-2013 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 05:58 PM   #16
bemereter
Rep
Drives: Civic Si '04

Wow!!! That was helpful to read about. Anyone else have a buying story like this?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 08:53 PM   #17
F80_M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1/1 PSM F80, F36, G11

Woow that's messed up! I actually was going to purchase this vehicle a few months back ago. Can't believe this guy who serves our country could be such a low life scum.

On another note I'm glad you got the car back in working order and your enjoying it!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #18
nacaruh
FOUO
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82

Sorry to hear you going through all that pain! And fyi,
Navy > Army

Glad to hear you restored the car!!
Appreciate 0