BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-02-2010, 10:35 AM   #1
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Thumbs Down: Advantage BMW Houston

Took my 09 128 in two weeks ago, on two different occasions, to get the passenger tail light fixed (this was before I realized, thanks to this site) there was a BMW service bulletin. Each time it broke again shortly after leaving the dealership. After making the SA aware of the bulletin he ordered me new lights and told me they would be in on 11-1.

Since it's the end of the month and my inspection sticker is now expired and I have a broken tail light = cop bait!

Trying to contact him on Monday to make an appt., told he is out for the week. Called part dept. and was told the lights are on national backorder without any anticipated delivery date.

While I realize it's not the dealer's fault that they are backordered, they have handled this poorly and it's been a huge waste of time for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #2
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Frustrating, yes. But it's not clear what the dealer could have done differently. Are you upset that the SA was out for the week? Not much he could have done, if the part is on national back order.
      11-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #3
dcho
Captain
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

are you talking about the midtown dealership? who was your SA?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 10:45 AM   #4
spyderx
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

so, instead of changing a bulb you have to change the whole tailight assembly?

wow, brilliant design... now I appreciate my old Evo's simplicity
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
Frustrating, yes. But it's not clear what the dealer could have done differently. Are you upset that the SA was out for the week? Not much he could have done, if the part is on national back order.
My argument is that I could have saved two wasted service appts. if the SA had been aware of the situation (the backorder), and by telling me they would be in yesterday when very clearly they would not be. The fact that he is out merely adds to my frustration because I can't get a straight story. Are the lights there or are they not?
Appreciate 0