BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-09-2017, 03:33 PM   #1
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

coilovers + Los Angeles/Orange County/San Diego local 1m's? weekend meetup/coffee?

any local LA/OC/SD 1m'ers running aftermarket coilovers in their cars? i'm looking to get a dual duty setup and was curious if anyone local had one in theirs and would be open to meeting up and doing some ridealongs(?), curious as to how harsh track setups like the jrz's/clubsports/and up can be and how great compromises like ohlin's r&t/v3's/pss10's/etc could be

Last edited by digwm1; 10-11-2017 at 02:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 01:29 AM   #2
godzilla-1
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Hi i have recently installed the bilstein clubsport coilivers on my car which come with the solid top mounts. No banging or crashing. Extremely compliant ride quality on our crappy uk roads and yet they feel perfect on track as well. I am also running R888s which improve the ride quality over a trypical low profile road tyre.
Appreciate 1
digwm170.50
      10-11-2017, 02:20 AM   #3
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla-1 View Post
Hi i have recently installed the bilstein clubsport coilivers on my car which come with the solid top mounts. No banging or crashing. Extremely compliant ride quality on our crappy uk roads and yet they feel perfect on track as well. I am also running R888s which improve the ride quality over a trypical low profile road tyre.
hey godzilla, thats awesome that you got the bilstein clubsports, they are definitely one of the ones i'm considering, i know ohlins r&t and kw's are the typical setups and honestly wasn't expecting any feed back on the bilsteins, thank you for your post, what other coilovers were you considering when you went with your clubsports?

Last edited by digwm1; 10-11-2017 at 02:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 03:08 AM   #4
godzilla-1
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Hi my second choice was the ohlins but i was advised that they would need rebuilding and would suffer from more fatigue over time on a road car especially with our poor roads and poor weather here in the uk
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 04:29 AM   #5
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by godzilla-1 View Post
Hi my second choice was the ohlins but i was advised that they would need rebuilding and would suffer from more fatigue over time on a road car especially with our poor roads and poor weather here in the uk
that would be important, i've heard good things about bilstein kits working very oem from my local indy, did you ever consider the pss10's?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 06:08 AM   #6
redux
WTF does Stage 1 mean?
Rep
Drives: Bwm and such

Garage List
2011 1M  [9.35]
My car is sitting in storage down in Costa Mesa. I can give my shop a call so they can dust it off and let you take it for a spin. Its running moton club sports and a host of bimmerworld and turner items.
Appreciate 1
JP-1M171.00
      10-11-2017, 12:19 PM   #7
digwm1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
My car is sitting in storage down in Costa Mesa. I can give my shop a call so they can dust it off and let you take it for a spin. Its running moton club sports and a host of bimmerworld and turner items.
oh wow, that would be most helpful, will send you a pm
Appreciate 0