BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-06-2012, 07:25 PM   #23
fwmcb
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 328i X-drive

Garage List
2010 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerEnthusiast99 View Post
lol... I still do that... mainly so that she won't kick the interior door panel...
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2012, 04:46 PM   #24
fusion01
Private First Class
South Africa
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus ST: 2.5l /5 cyl

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Go to a auto parts store, buy some Meguiars Scratch X 2.0, two or more microfiber towels, apply and remove. If you really can't feel the scratch, that should fix your issue. Ideally, you'd wipe the area down with alcohol and apply some wax/sealant once you're done.
Agreed on the Scratch X but if that doesn't do the job, you'll need to use a dual action polisher ideally with something better such as an Autoglym polish ('High Definition' range is tops). I'd not use alcohol but a gentle cleaner before wax or sealant, such as Autoglym's 'High Definition Cleanser' or 'Super Resin Polish'. I'd avoid using anything cheap on your precious car.

If you're feeling really flush and want the best money can buy, look here: http://www.swissvax.com. Mostly chemical free, highly concentrated and will last you many, many years on your investment.
Appreciate 0