Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1
So what is a performance center car?
A car used by BMW for things like M School. If that's the case, all miles would be hard miles...but not clear that that's the case here. The one PC car I saw was CPO (I assume they'd all be).

Ask for hard copies of the service records- they should give you a much better indication of what you're dealing with (location is service, name of prior owner, etc.)
afaik, the Perillo BMW in Chicago 1Ms were most of the Performance Center cars and they readily disclosed that when I had spoken to them last year. I would ask the dealer just to be sure though....they really should tell you...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 08:30 AM   #24
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1 View Post
For me, driving two reasons-

1: The nav will inevitably become outdated, if it isn't already. My wife has an Acura with Nav, and it sucks. I can pick up my phone, say the address I want, and be on my way complete with free traffic data all courtesy of my phone. And every time there's something new, I can get it on the phone.

2: The dash looks MUCH cleaner without it IMO, and the cupholders are better without it.
Ditto! Also manual seats sit lower and are lighter. No folding mirrors or holes in bumper. It's the lighter and purest form of 1M. The no nav cars are truly what the 1M was intended to be....a return to where the enjoyment and focus comes from driving not fluffy extraneous stuff. In today's world few cars
Are left that are configured like that which makes them special. Loaded nav cars are a dime a dozen and in my opinion further compromised. The seating position compromised, weight compromises, dash and visibility Compromised. Hope that explains it.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #25
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Ditto! Also manual seats sit lower and are lighter. No folding mirrors or holes in bumper. It's the lighter and purest form of 1M. The no nav cars are truly what the 1M was intended to be....a return to where the enjoyment and focus comes from driving not fluffy extraneous stuff. In today's world few cars
Are left that are configured like that which makes them special. Loaded nav cars are a dime a dozen and in my opinion further compromised. The seating position compromised, weight compromises, dash and visibility Compromised. Hope that explains it.
screw that! i love having nav :P

for me that stems from ONE thing and one thing only-----that i can see the artwork for the music i'm listening to. That's it. Worth its weight in gold.

i think if some of you are barely driving the car, then a 'no nav' car is fine....but i DD the shit out of mine and can't imagine not having nav.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 09:04 AM   #26
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
BTW, i just noticed a 49k miles BSM 1M that has shown up at Porsche Roslyn. This dealership is ON MY WAY home every day so if anyone is interested let me know and i can stop by and take a look at it.

it looks like it is NO NAV from the equipment list.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...97093490&Log=0
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #27
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lame family vehicle

Indeed I saw that one pop up. Just did a vin check and no nav, no power seats. Vin check under optional equipment shows "hifi audio". I wonder if that means Harmon Kardon. Also says "Telematics access request,country-spec" which I could hope is bluetooth but I don't think it is.

But no price, and 50k miles in the Northeast, especially if it's always been in Long Island, that's some hard use. You can't convince me that it had never seen snow, pampered, etc. Only if it is deeply discounted. Which again, I doubt. They'll probably put it up at 50k and probably get it.

The trashed 1M I saw at car max here last week is gone. They sold it. As long as suckers are out there I'm probably screwed.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 10:40 AM   #28
Roundown
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereCanBeOnly1
Indeed I saw that one pop up. Just did a vin check and no nav, no power seats. Vin check under optional equipment shows "hifi audio". I wonder if that means Harmon Kardon. Also says "Telematics access request,country-spec" which I could hope is bluetooth but I don't think it is.

But no price, and 50k miles in the Northeast, especially if it's always been in Long Island, that's some hard use. You can't convince me that it had never seen snow, pampered, etc. Only if it is deeply discounted. Which again, I doubt. They'll probably put it up at 50k and probably get it.

The trashed 1M I saw at car max here last week is gone. They sold it. As long as suckers are out there I'm probably screwed.
Hifi is not HK- just the base stereo in the US (it's an upgrade elsewhere). It's a fine system, way better than what the rest of the world gets standard. Lots of threads on the topic in the E9x M3 forums.

And be patient and open minded- it'll come.

Fwiw- my father in law has a 2013 Boxster S with 50k miles... and it's pampered. Mostly warm-weather highway miles (he doesn't like flying), frequent fluid changes, garage stored and proper paint care (full PPF, bi-annual professional detail). You never know.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 10:44 AM   #29
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI
BTW, i just noticed a 49k miles BSM 1M that has shown up at Porsche Roslyn. This dealership is ON MY WAY home every day so if anyone is interested let me know and i can stop by and take a look at it.

Nice of you to offer
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #30
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:

i'm not just saying this because i bought a higher mileage 1M with 34k miles (now with 56k miles).....but SOMETIMES a higher mileage car is a good thing especially if it has been maintained well during its life as was the case with my car. I saw lower mileage cars that had been sitting more and less maintained than my higher mileage 1M-----so it really depends on the car and the previous owner.

For example, the interior in my car was in better condition than the other cars i'd looked at with half or even 1/3 the mileage mine had....and the service history was well documented. those are HUGE, IMO.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 12:07 PM   #31
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post

i inquired about this car and this is what i was told:

We actually just took that car on trade and I was going to wholesale it. The car is in really good condition and has 49,xxx miles. Would you be interested in it?

sounds like a possibility for someone to pick this up at a GOOD price if they are dumping it to wholesale soon. PM me if you want the Sales Manager's info.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 12:51 PM   #32
Mahlzeit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Exactly.

When I spec'd my car, the GM of the dealership came down to make sure I was serious - it felt like a job interview. He must have been worried about potentially getting stuck with a low content car. Normally that is a real risk for dealers. Turns out, low content is the preferred 1M spec in the long run.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 12:52 PM   #33
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

Is it possible to add bluetooth factory style?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #34
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
i inquired about this car and this is what i was told:

We actually just took that car on trade and I was going to wholesale it. The car is in really good condition and has 49,xxx miles. Would you be interested in it?

sounds like a possibility for someone to pick this up at a GOOD price if they are dumping it to wholesale soon. PM me if you want the Sales Manager's info.
Agree- great oppt to possibly get into a 1M for <$50k.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 02:07 PM   #35
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf View Post
Agree- great oppt to possibly get into a 1M for <$50k.
With 50 k miles would $40k be a reasonable expectation? I mean, if they want 48 I'd rather buy one with 15k miles for $53K.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #36
kubotarog
Private
Rep
Drives: VO 1M, '87 Porsche 911 Cpe

They can almost certainly wholesale the car for $44 to $45K.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 02:51 PM   #37
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
With 50 k miles would $40k be a reasonable expectation? I mean, if they want 48 I'd rather buy one with 15k miles for $53K.
i'd say the least may be $47-49k. Like csurf said i'd say $45k is the wholesale price.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2015, 03:43 PM   #38
ThereCanBeOnly1
Private First Class
Rep

Good point. I guess in my mind I'd gladly pay 7k more for 30k less miles. Plenty out there, but not specced as i would want. I also grew up in New York, and I know the roads are shit. That many miles banging around long island just worries me.
Appreciate 1
      04-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #39
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Good point. I guess in my mind I'd gladly pay 7k more for 30k less miles. Plenty out there, but not specced as i would want. I also grew up in New York, and I know the roads are shit. That many miles banging around long island just worries me.
well if you need me to check it out let me know. i literally pass the place every day on my way home from work. i wouldn't worry about the mileage. i would worry more about if it has been maintained well.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 09:56 AM   #40
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
from that Porsche dealer:

"I have asked the past owner for some service records and will see what he comes up with. I don’t think I am going to keep the car for retail though so someone would have to make a move on it quickly."
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 09:58 AM   #41
Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

"I have asked the past owner for some service records and will see what he comes up with. I don’t think I am going to keep the car for retail though so someone would have to make a move on it quickly."
With the VIN, any SA should be able to pull service history (assuming all service was done at a dealership). Anyone have a SA willing to have a look?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2015, 06:24 PM   #42
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cSurf
Quote:

With the VIN, any SA should be able to pull service history (assuming all service was done at a dealership). Anyone have a SA willing to have a look?
Yep...I pretty much did in about post #12 or so.