BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2009, 11:23 AM   #1
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Random Sunday Morning Thought: Retrofiting Mirrors

I recall reading that US non-premium package cars have the wiring for auto-dimming rear view mirror w/compass, and can be retrofit. Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know if US non-premium package cars have the wiring for retractable side mirrors? I know I would need to buy the motorized mirror housing, just wondering if it is plug and play from there.

These are the only two features of the premium package I actually wanted...

Can any of the resident experts chime in? MadDragon, Dan, ZLeather, Bueller, Bueller?

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
AndyM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by esses View Post
I recall reading that US non-premium package cars have the wiring for auto-dimming rear view mirror w/compass, and can be retrofit. Can anyone confirm this?

Does anyone know if US non-premium package cars have the wiring for retractable side mirrors? I know I would need to buy the motorized mirror housing, just wondering if it is plug and play from there.

These are the only two features of the premium package I actually wanted...

Can any of the resident experts chime in? MadDragon, Dan, ZLeather, Bueller, Bueller?

There is a retrofit wiring harness for the interior mirror. There is a thread somewhere where we talked about it in more detail. I am not sure if it will add the side mirrors or just the autodim. I have the kit but decided the risk of a leaky mirror is not worth the autodim feature.
Appreciate 0