M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
I want the complete package.

When BMW makes it a full M car, I will buy it.
I guess you didn't get the memo.. When BMW puts an M badge on it.. THAT's when it's a "full" M car.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #25
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
I guess you didn't get the memo.. When BMW puts an M badge on it.. THAT's when it's a "full" M car.
+1 ... I wonder who told these idiots that anyone other than BMW themselves determines what an M car is

Besides, if someone doesn't like it, s/he doesn't have to buy it. The car is in enough of a high demand, so no need for it to land in the hands of a non-deserving tool.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 08:10 PM   #26
1///Mrs
Banned
Rep
Drives: F10 535 Xdrive and 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
+1 ... I wonder who told these idiots that anyone other than BMW themselves determines what an M car is

Besides, if someone doesn't like it, s/he doesn't have to buy it. The car is in enough of a high demand, so no need for it to land in the hands of a non-deserving tool.
+1 Every review has someone saying that this is either the best M car ever or the best they have driven in a long time but the M3 fanbois chime in with "its not a real M car"...lol

Its funny how when the M3 gets beat in a straight line by cars like the C63 they always use the excuse "lets see what happens in the twisties" but when they put down the 1M they say "but the M3 is faster in the 1/4 mile/0 - 60"... Which may or may not be true.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #27
Capt Slow
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 530i Sport Individual

Quote:
I did not buy it because it was rushed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135 View Post
Or, don't buy it either way.
Oh, really? I didn't buy one because I can't afford it.

Hanging out for an M3 v 1M comparison. I believe the next/current issue of Evo was going to feature such an article. That would be a great read..
      06-08-2011, 10:45 PM   #28
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4evr1 View Post
Hold on there. You have to remember that this 1M is the "new" direction BMW and ///M want to go with their ///M cars. Back to their old roots.
The other thing is that the next gen M3 will be even more powerful then the current version. I own a E46 and i look at it like we are ALL family. Not, one sibling better than the other. ///M will always be making a better car than previous Gen's. Thats the way it is and will always be...
Well put. Thank you!
      06-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #29
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

Quote:
I want the complete package.

When BMW makes it a full M car, I will buy it.
haha, maybe you should watch the review, or you could reserve your judgement until you actually drive the car. but, good luck. there's no way in hell you'd lay your sadly misinformed hands on my 1m.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:02 PM   #30
superchargedman
Captain
Rep
Drives: The ///Mbulance: 1M AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari4evr1 View Post
Hold on there. You have to remember that this 1M is the "new" direction BMW and ///M want to go with their ///M cars. Back to their old roots.
The other thing is that the next gen M3 will be even more powerful then the current version. I own a E46 and i look at it like we are ALL family. Not, one sibling better than the other. ///M will always be making a better car than previous Gen's. Thats the way it is and will always be...
i think the x6m is a bit of a bastard child in this family.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:07 PM   #31
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedman View Post
i think the x6m is a bit of a bastard child in this family.

After chasing one around the streets, autobahn, and track in Leipzig... i can definitely say it's worthy of the M badge.
It may not be the vehicle YOU (or I) would most want... but it's 100% M.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2011, 11:26 PM   #32
Pauldramos
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan '11 M3

The 1M continues to get great reviews. Awesome! I really don't care if it's faster or slower than my M3. I love my e92 M3. I can afford literally any car I want but choose the M3 twice. Let us be real here, a car does not make the man so don't get so wrapped up in the reviews.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 01:15 AM   #33
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmikeh View Post
I'll have the Cayman R, thanks.
Great choice, any autophile will agree.
      06-09-2011, 03:32 AM   #34
DooBs
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe 697/740

where was the comparison
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 04:02 AM   #35
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

I watched it, and he had no real opinion either way.

Maybe once you've owned one, you will lose that honda mentality. Maybe LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargedman View Post
haha, maybe you should watch the review, or you could reserve your judgement until you actually drive the car. but, good luck. there's no way in hell you'd lay your sadly misinformed hands on my 1m.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 07:55 AM   #36
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

I love how the 1 ///M guys actually think that their car is as good/better than the ///M3. I mean come on, you guys are just lying to yourselves. The 4.0L ///M V8 is one of the greatest engines BMW has ever produced! The engine in the 1 ///M isn't even an ///M engine, its the same engine as the Z4 35is.
      06-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #37
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

And who are you again?

Considering that the 1M is not meant to compete with the m3 and it is already giving m3 drivers a headache is rather amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWPower06 View Post
I love how the 1 ///M guys actually think that their car is as good/better than the ///M3. I mean come on, you guys are just lying to yourselves. The 4.0L ///M V8 is one of the greatest engines BMW has ever produced! The engine in the 1 ///M isn't even an ///M engine, its the same engine as the Z4 35is.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 08:39 AM   #38
clived
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Evolved 1M

Quote:
I love the way you base your comparison on a component of the car, not on what the car as a whole achieves. Probably your safest ground I guess.... ;-)
      06-09-2011, 09:00 AM   #39
BMWPower06
A^M=G is nothing w/o the Power of ///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M5 & ///M3

and the 1 ///M fan boys attack again lol. The engine is THE most important part of any car and the M3's is much better than the 1 M's. Not to mention the M3s significantly lower center of gravity, thanks to not only the lower green house but also the CF roof.

PS- I don't know any M3 owners getting a headache from the 1 M....If you can afford an M3, there is no reason to buy the 1 M over it, the M3 is better in everyway
      06-09-2011, 09:05 AM   #40
CaptSlow
Private
Rep
Drives: One of a few

Quote:
and the 1 ///M fan boys attack again lol. The engine is THE most important part of any car and the M3's is much better than the 1 M's. Not to mention the M3s significantly lower center of gravity, thanks to not only the lower green house but also the CF roof.

PS- I don't know any M3 owners getting a headache from the 1 M....If you can afford an M3, there is no reason to buy the 1 M over it, the M3 is better in everyway
"M cars are not about engines, they are about chassis. The chassis is pure M car. The car doesn't suffer from turbo lag and doesn't get much more fun. For the money, it has to be one of the best fun cars you can buy." - Chris Harris during the EVO review of the 1M vs Cayman R.

Enough said, give it a rest. Both are great cars. BTW, just how much lower is that M3 center of gravity? Got some numbers to back up your claim?....
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #41
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep

Hahahaha The cf roof is only 12 lbs lighter than the regular one...do you have any idea as to how irrelevant this is in terms of center of gravity?!? you are a fine a example of someone repeating what he hears, without knowing much on the subject.

Ps: I can afford an m3, and I am buying a 1m.

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:21 AM   #42
Franklin Joseph
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

funny how you come to the 1M section and post about the 1M guys...yet another butt hurt M3 owner...why can everyone just get along...both a great cars...period!

My X5 has a whole lot lower green house than both your cars (and a higher center of gravity), but what's your point???
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #43
biggles
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3/1M (ordered)

Quote:
How can you quantify what THE most important component of a car is?
And even if it is the engine, all reviews have said what a fantastic engine the 1M has!? Bearing in mind that both the M5 and next M3 will be turbo charged, does that mean your done with M cars then?
As for the CF roof, I think it looks nice but was a marketing gimmick more than a serious attempt at weight reduction.

Oh and for the record I had an E92 M3 and loved it, but can't wait for my 1M. Does that make me a narrow minded fanboy.....or just someone who appreciates good cars and their relative merits!?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #44
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

"Does it feel like an ///M engine......not really". 'Nuff said.

I don't care if its faster in real life, ///M was always so much more than just speed on the street, its about feel, sound, emotion.

Don't get me wrong, GREAT CAR, just not happy about the new direction ///M is taking with their souls.....

Cheers,
e46e92

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.
Appreciate 0