BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-17-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

A-pillar trim removal tips?

Not sure if this is the proper forum to post this... but I need to remove my right-side A-pillar trim in order to access and remove old wiring for (what I'd imagine was) a radar detector (previous owner). It's not causing any problems, but I removed (cut out) an old Garmin power supply laying in front of the fuse box and some of that wiring remains behind (now taped up) and it *bugs* me.

Anybody here have experience removing A-pillar trim from an E82? Anything with an airbag scares the crap out of me, I don't want to just start yanking on the thing without understanding what I'm dealing with.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Dre's One
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E82 118D

You should search the DIY topic. That's a more appropriate subject for you question.

I removed my A pillar because of some squeking. You should search for the installation of a vent gauge or removal of the A pillar. You'll definately find something. PM me if I can help you out more
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 04:25 PM   #3
mr.fabulous
Captain
Rep
Drives: Women Crazy

Ah, found this http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346341. That might do it, apologies for wasting a post.
Appreciate 0