BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #67
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venoml2k View Post
Yes, I have the dct.
I didn't think of asking about that. They just called me to let me know it's ready.
Is that sw update better or can it be detrimental?
I am new to the bmw, formerly a supra guy so all this hpfp, electric water pump, dme stuff has me a bit worried..lol
Most people have been happy with the software update. You can read all about it here:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1033690
      07-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #68
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

SIB 12 15 14 - N55 w/DCT: IDLE FLUCTUATES WHEN STOPPED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venoml2k View Post
Yes, I have the dct.
I didn't think of asking about that. They just called me to let me know it's ready.
Is that sw update better or can it be detrimental?
I am new to the bmw, formerly a supra guy so all this hpfp, electric water pump, dme stuff has me a bit worried..lol

SIB 12 15 14
N55 WITH DOUBLE-CLUTCH TRANSMISSION: IDLE FLUCTUATES WHEN STOPPED
http://www.scribd.com/doc/151944423/...ing-TSB#scribd

Some people have reported that the new SW also updates the engine SW and adds turbo lag - bc the new SW keeps the wastegates open until 3,500 rpms. But most like the fact that the it fixes the idle and stalling. Who knows... I bet BMW now has an update for the "update" by now.

I think I would have it done, IF I owned a DCT. You could always get a flash tune (PPK, Cobb or whoever) down the road.

Dackel
Appreciate 1
      07-29-2015, 12:31 AM   #69
Venoml2k
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135i

Got the car back, not happy so far. Will elaborate after I go back to the dealer tomorrow morning.
I do have a question for anyone that may have taken their car outside of warranty though.
Sa asks me when dropping it off if "I would like to have them do a diagnostic by hooking it up to the computer, it would cost me since I'm out of warranty"
I said no, dont do anything that will cost me, just perform the recall.
Today, he calls me to go get it and I mention the software update. He tells me that it is not a recall, and just something they use to fix a problem. At the same time he tells me that I have engine light on, and a few other issues, among them a bad battery.
I tell him I was aware of the light and know the code, and some of the other stuff.
Anyways, when I pick up the car, it has 5 codes showing, some new scratches, and crack on the windshield.
It was after 8 when they gave me the car, and the guy couldn't text while driving now. Before I took it in, I only had one code not 5.
My question is, has anyone had shady stuff like this happen to them at the dealer? I really regret taking the car in for the recall, I just figured it was important. I've always worked on my own cars, and intend to do so with this one if I keep it. I'm a bit disheartened now with bmw, the dealer has left a real sour taste for me so far.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 02:28 AM   #70
tglazed
Lieutenant
Rep

I know the feeling. When I had the n54 135i, I had my turbos replaced under warranty. 74 miles later my water pump went out. Found my CCW's were burnt and had a curb nick. Low oil light and low coolant light were on... I've heard you can have warranty work done at shops that are certified. Not sure if it were true or not.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #71
Venoml2k
Enlisted Member
Rep

Dropping it off now so that the windshield can be replaced.
I explained the situation with the codes, but I (dumb@$$)had reset them through the jb4 so it would come out of limp mode.
Yes it has jb4, which I had turned off. I didn't have time to remove it Friday when trying to get there by 3 after finding out about the recall at 130pm.
The car is out of warranty anyways, so I didn't care about voiding anything anyways.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #72
MaDoNiOn
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2008 Bmw 130i E81

Garage List
Weird about the vanos. Dack cant we make a thread related to vanos on n55?
Flip i thought they had it sorted with the n54 :/

Bmw 135i Convertable White...
Appreciate 0