Appreciate 1
ayao643.00
      04-23-2021, 04:58 PM   #2
j2dad5389
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i

68.5k I can only see these things going up from here..
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 11:54 AM   #3
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

The seller's username was Prius_Lover_13.

Obviously, he has no taste, and it's somewhat surprising that there are at least 12 others out there with similarly horrible taste in vehicles.
      04-24-2021, 12:41 PM   #4
..Rush..
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E88

Perhaps, his user name is a pun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post

Obviously, he has no taste, and it's somewhat surprising that there are at least 12 others out there with similarly horrible taste in vehicles.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #5
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Rush.. View Post
Perhaps, his user name is a pun.
Pun
The pun, also known as paronomasia, is a form of word play that exploits multiple meanings of a term, or of similar-sounding words, for an intended humorous or rhetorical effect. These ambiguities can arise from the intentional use of homophonic, homographic, metonymic, or figurative language. Wikipedia

I am personally at a loss to come up with another meaning for "Prius Lover."
      04-25-2021, 01:58 AM   #6
ronster
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Quote:

The seller might not be referring to toyota prius
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 08:40 AM   #7
Afam28
User
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i M-sport

Sold!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 02:24 PM   #8
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep

Hard to tell how much of what we are seeing is actual price appreciation of 1Ms, vs. thinly-veiled inflation. House prices anywhere that is halfway desirable are going up rapidly as well.

The Z3M Coupe, which is another uncommon "parts-bin" car made in limited numbers, seems to be accelerating in price also.

It's probably a combination of limited supply, and the fact that this once-proud producer of sports sedans will probably never make another car that is both connected and fun to drive. The best you can expect from this marque going forward is a lot of horsepower inside of something that drives like a bloated sofa.

Get an old one while you still can.
      05-01-2021, 11:37 AM   #9
vasmir
eh
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 M, 2016 F25

Quote:
Hard to tell how much of what we are seeing is actual price appreciation of 1Ms, vs. thinly-veiled inflation. House prices anywhere that is halfway desirable are going up rapidly as well.

The Z3M Coupe, which is another uncommon "parts-bin" car made in limited numbers, seems to be accelerating in price also.

It's probably a combination of limited supply, and the fact that this once-proud producer of sports sedans will probably never make another car that is both connected and fun to drive. The best you can expect from this marque going forward is a lot of horsepower inside of something that drives like a bloated sofa.

Get an old one while you still can.
Prices fell a bit when the M2 CS came out, which makes sense considering it more or less fills that niche.

I'm thinking the (mixed) reviews on the new M3/4 generation are starting to impact e9X and 1M resale, and we may see some price uptick.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 12:17 PM   #10
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

With the 5% commission this car sold for $71925. Wow...no one loves the 1M more than me but at these prices, I might consider it too.

Here is some fun math.

My interior is cleaner than this one and no tacky wing stuck on the tail. If someone wants one they can add it for very little when stock so I mine has two plusses over this one. I have 28K miles, this one 21K. Even disregarding the 5% I made a graph between the previous 68K mile 1M in San Fran and this one at 21K and the graph puts mine at about $65,200 and change.

Mine has holes drilled in front bumper for license plate so let's say I take off $1500 off for that, in case someone wanted to replace the front bumper just for the holes. Also Mine came from Canada originally, though it is completely smog legal and legally registered in California for since 2015.

Let's say we take of $4K for two license plate holes and Canadian origin, I think $61K is not that far fetched.... Man, I'm not going to lie, that makes me think a little bit. : )

$65K would make me think a lot...

$68K, bring your trailer over to San Diego.... : )

Nah.. as soon as said bring trailer over I got dread... there is nothing as cool if you want a car with no idrive, no screen, no fake sound, no stop start...I would still have to think a little bit especially after selling my first one regretting it...but yes $68K would make it difficult to not have a chat with the wise wife. : )
Appreciate 3
      05-01-2021, 04:11 PM   #11
sl00se
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M / BSM 1M / AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
With the 5% commission this car sold for $71925. Wow...no one loves the 1M more than me but at these prices, I might consider it too.

Here is some fun math.

My interior is cleaner than this one and no tacky wing stuck on the tail. If someone wants one they can add it for very little when stock so I mine has two plusses over this one. I have 28K miles, this one 21K. Even disregarding the 5% I made a graph between the previous 68K mile 1M in San Fran and this one at 21K and the graph puts mine at about $65,200 and change.

Mine has holes drilled in front bumper for license plate so let's say I take off $1500 off for that, in case someone wanted to replace the front bumper just for the holes. Also Mine came from Canada originally, though it is completely smog legal and legally registered in California for since 2015.

Let's say we take of $4K for two license plate holes and Canadian origin, I think $61K is not that far fetched.... Man, I'm not going to lie, that makes me think a little bit. : )

$65K would make me think a lot...

$68K, bring your trailer over to San Diego.... : )

Nah.. as soon as said bring trailer over I got dread... there is nothing as cool if you want a car with no idrive, no screen, no fake sound, no stop start...I would still have to think a little bit especially after selling my first one regretting it...but yes $68K would make it difficult to not have a chat with the wise wife. : )
Completely Agree
Appreciate 1
nachob2314.00
      05-08-2021, 04:13 PM   #12
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

The higher these cars sell for the more I feel like I can put on more miles and not take such a huge hit. I am driving my 1M more than ever.... a car with lots of miles will still be worth a fair amount as long as it is taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 02:06 AM   #13
Jack26.2
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1 Series M

Hi nachob. I completely agree. I was down in San Diego on Friday for work, but was in my Acura RSX Type-S and not my 1M, otherwise would have seen if you were available to meet up.

My 1M has 25K miles, clearer interior, originally from U.S., no front bumper holes, no tacky wing, no navigation and, yes, I do wonder how much it would sell for.

But if I ever sold my 1M, I know I would ultimately (instantly?) regret it and be "eternally" bummed.

And I know the Ms. wouldn't let me drive the Audi RS3 I got for her to "make up for it" saying it was my decision to sell the 1M.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2021, 12:29 PM   #14
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack26.2 View Post
Hi nachob. I completely agree. I was down in San Diego on Friday for work, but was in my Acura RSX Type-S and not my 1M, otherwise would have seen if you were available to meet up.

My 1M has 25K miles, clearer interior, originally from U.S., no front bumper holes, no tacky wing, no navigation and, yes, I do wonder how much it would sell for.

But if I ever sold my 1M, I know I would ultimately (instantly?) regret it and be "eternally" bummed.

And I know the Ms. wouldn't let me drive the Audi RS3 I got for her to "make up for it" saying it was my decision to sell the 1M.
Would've loved to meet up and we should next time. Yes for me it's extra hard because I sold my first one and shopped everything for two years before going back. Although the first time I sold was under pressure. Things were bad at work with layoffs and furlough cuts so I really didn't want to sell it but did. Even the cayman that I really like has a push button parking brake so there is little choice for guys like that appreciate the appreciating analog character of the 1M. On the other hand I hardly drive these days and maybe time for someone else to experience what a real car is like. : )
Appreciate 0