BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-14-2021, 07:42 PM   #1
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Passed on my baby to the next generation

Dear Hardcore remaining 1addicts, I have done it and passed my baby off to the next generation. He drove off with it today and while I know I will have moments of regret they are filled with the joy of making someone else's dream come true, as my Canadian friend helped make mine 6 years ago.

So I just wanted to let my fellow 1M friends that Nacho has passed his trusty steed to a new cowboy because it needs someone that will take it on long gallops.

Good bye "Orangey." Happy trails!
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
Tornado1M1211.00
atl_1M1520.00
sl00se8.50
dtla1827.50
mtl8852.00
1'M Blue255.00
1mGator143.50
      06-14-2021, 08:24 PM   #2
Cogitoergosum
Private
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Dear Hardcore remaining 1addicts, I have done it and passed my baby off to the next generation. He drove off with it today and while I know I will have moments of regret they are filled with the joy of making someone else's dream come true, as my Canadian friend helped make mine 6 years ago.

So I just wanted to let my fellow 1M friends that Nacho has passed his trusty steed to a new cowboy because it needs someone that will take it on long gallops.

Good luck Nachob!
Appreciate 1
nachob2314.00
      06-14-2021, 08:28 PM   #3
1&done
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 VO 1M

Garage List
Yes good luck, I know we will see you back here again in another one ///
///1M #643 of #740
Appreciate 1
nachob2314.00
      06-14-2021, 09:37 PM   #4
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1&done View Post
Yes good luck, I know we will see you back here again in another one ///
You never know! Already not finding anything I like more. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 09:46 PM   #5
PRTSB1M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW3 1M

Quote:
You never know! Already not finding anything I like more. Thank you!
I've heard good things about S65 swapped 1Ms
Appreciate 1
nachob2314.00
      06-14-2021, 10:01 PM   #6
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Quote:

I can hardly believe it???

But, I understand.....I was right there just a few months back. I will tell you that it left me a little low for a while.

Good luck Nachob!!!!!!!

Somehow I think we will both be back in a 1M in the not to distant future!
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 10:18 PM   #7
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I am shocked and dismayed!

I hope you will still lurk here and provide insightful help to the wayward 135 drivers who seem to outnumber us 1Mer's 10:1 these days.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 12:25 AM   #8
iDontRemember
Ding Dong!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Nacho, you are truly the reasons I’m in a 1M and not a 135i and I can’t thank you enough for all the effort you put forth in helping me out. It was just last week that I was telling my coworker about how awesome you were. I suspected this was coming when the BBS wheels went up for sale.

Good luck my man, stay in touch 👍🏽
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 12:58 AM   #9
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
I am shocked and dismayed!

I hope you will still lurk here and provide insightful help to the wayward 135 drivers who seem to outnumber us 1Mer's 10:1 these days.
As long as I can help, I will. I'm a huge fan. I purposely passed it on to someone I knew from cars and coffee here local so I could see it every now and then. Also, still hope to run into you guys some time. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 01:06 AM   #10
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDontRemember View Post
Nacho, you are truly the reasons I’m in a 1M and not a 135i and I can’t thank you enough for all the effort you put forth in helping me out. It was just last week that I was telling my coworker about how awesome you were. I suspected this was coming when the BBS wheels went up for sale.

Good luck my man, stay in touch 👍🏽
Thank you! Others have helped me, just hope to keep it going and I still hope to meet you one day as well and see your rig. Remember I told you when you got yours that I thought it was great that you got a higher mileage one that you can just drive and enjoy. After my semi restored ZHP got rear-ended and totalled, I was always nervous and as the cars got softer and crappier, the 1M got more and more special. One day I realized I had almost become the guy I swore I never would..almost...I never put a do not touch sign on my car or park next to it on a lawn chair..but still it had become a garage queen. Anyway, I hope to find something that is cool but if I got rear ended won't make me cry. : )
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 09:56 AM   #11
ayao
Thread killer
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Thank you! Others have helped me, just hope to keep it going and I still hope to meet you one day as well and see your rig. Remember I told you when you got yours that I thought it was great that you got a higher mileage one that you can just drive and enjoy. After my semi restored ZHP got rear-ended and totalled, I was always nervous and as the cars got softer and crappier, the 1M got more and more special. One day I realized I had almost become the guy I swore I never would..almost...I never put a do not touch sign on my car or park next to it on a lawn chair..but still it had become a garage queen. Anyway, I hope to find something that is cool but if I got rear ended won't make me cry. : )
Sorry to see you go. It’s a great time to sell a car, though.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 10:23 AM   #12
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Sorry to see you go. It’s a great time to sell a car, though.
Thank you.... I won't go away quickly, I still love the car so much and enjoy you guys!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 10:55 AM   #13
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

Keep lurking man.
I retired my car to garage queen status but I'm still around.
Appreciate 2
nachob2314.00
PRTSB1M300.00
      06-15-2021, 08:01 PM   #14
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Excuse me, I'm going to hang myself in the closet.
seis-speed2430.50
      06-15-2021, 11:53 PM   #15
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Our 1Ms are 10 years old now. If well-maintained and relatively low mileage (for age), they are worth more than the car sold for when brand new. Modern BMWs (I'd count the 1M as being in that category) are not terribly durable and will not last for hundreds of thousands of miles, unless you are willing to throw considerable cash their way for the privilege. Under the hood you find a lot of plastic parts that won't last too long, or over too many miles, and that will cost a lot of money to replace.

The bottom line is that if you like the car and you want to preserve its considerable value, you need to limit how much you drive it and relegate it to being a garage queen, at least of sorts. I personally have a lot of cars and don't put a lot of mileage on any of them, which is a real luxury, but I would not want to put more than a couple of thousand miles a year on my 1M, because I like it and want to keep it for a long time. In order to do so, it needs to retain value, or it will just become another expensive and frivolous purchase, and I already have enough of those.

By limiting how much you drive a car like a 1M, and choosing where and when you will drive it, you limit the likelihood of getting rear-ended or experiencing other damage that will reduce your enjoyment of it and reduce the value play inherent in owning it.

I can see where Nacho and any number of other owners would not consider this type of ownership to be satisfying as a long-term proposition. The 1M is not the only car that gets pushed into this type of ownership, shall I say "conservatorship," should you decide to purchase one while not being filthy rich. I have the same approach towards my 2003 Porsche 911 TT, and to my 2000 Z3M Coupe. They are all three, summer cars, and none of them sees 2000 miles in a typical summer driving season. If you read car forums centered on these types of collectible cars, what you will see is that these cars are continually resold after a couple or three years of ownership, once the owners get bored with owning a car that is fun to drive but that they can't afford to rack the miles up on. The 1M will become this type of car, if it isn't already.
      06-16-2021, 12:01 AM   #16
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Not mine. It's what would be called "driver quality" and I'm going to be the driver for a long time. It's a brilliant track car and still great for the occasional back road rip, or 500+ mile road trip.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2021, 12:48 PM   #17
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
As long as I can help, I will. I'm a huge fan. .....
Thank you for being THE huge fan. Your passion for the strippers out there is unmatched, so do stick around!
Appreciate 2
      06-16-2021, 01:04 PM   #18
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Thank you for being THE huge fan. Your passion for the strippers out there is unmatched, so do stick around!
Thank you sir! Yes, my love for it is unmatched and my love for it keeps me involved. Imagine my surprise when I met young man that had similar appreciation for the stripper and especially the KM speedo.

Also, I've made some friends on here so as long as I can bring some value to the forum, I will try to help.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #19
Dee Pee
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 AW 1M, ‘24 718 GTS

Right with you on this one.
Retired my car at 35k. Had to repaint a R rear bumper rash and did a L front fender repaint for another rash on insurance. The car was so wide vs my previous R53 mini and I nicked it.
Otherwise it's in perfect condition. The rear seats have never been sat in!
Yearly oil changes, climate controlled storage, and only driven far away from careless morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
Our 1Ms are 10 years old now. If well-maintained and relatively low mileage (for age), they are worth more than the car sold for when brand new. Modern BMWs (I'd count the 1M as being in that category) are not terribly durable and will not last for hundreds of thousands of miles, unless you are willing to throw considerable cash their way for the privilege. Under the hood you find a lot of plastic parts that won't last too long, or over too many miles, and that will cost a lot of money to replace.

The bottom line is that if you like the car and you want to preserve its considerable value, you need to limit how much you drive it and relegate it to being a garage queen, at least of sorts. I personally have a lot of cars and don't put a lot of mileage on any of them, which is a real luxury, but I would not want to put more than a couple of thousand miles a year on my 1M, because I like it and want to keep it for a long time. In order to do so, it needs to retain value, or it will just become another expensive and frivolous purchase, and I already have enough of those.

By limiting how much you drive a car like a 1M, and choosing where and when you will drive it, you limit the likelihood of getting rear-ended or experiencing other damage that will reduce your enjoyment of it and reduce the value play inherent in owning it.

I can see where Nacho and any number of other owners would not consider this type of ownership to be satisfying as a long-term proposition. The 1M is not the only car that gets pushed into this type of ownership, shall I say "conservatorship," should you decide to purchase one while not being filthy rich. I have the same approach towards my 2003 Porsche 911 TT, and to my 2000 Z3M Coupe. They are all three, summer cars, and none of them sees 2000 miles in a typical summer driving season. If you read car forums centered on these types of collectible cars, what you will see is that these cars are continually resold after a couple or three years of ownership, once the owners get bored with owning a car that is fun to drive but that they can't afford to rack the miles up on. The 1M will become this type of car, if it isn't already.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 01:21 AM   #20
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Ouch.

This does not feel right, I think we might have to do a GoFundMe for a high mileage 1M for Nacho to continue on with the community, something he can beat up and drive without worry. Nacho you are probably the best poster here and you even got a shoutout at our meet last week along with a #freeM3adjuster mention by me....

Does the new owner know what type of responsibility he bears He better be an asset to the forum of epic proportions or I will only blame and resent him for this debacle.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 10:36 AM   #21
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
Ouch.

This does not feel right, I think we might have to do a GoFundMe for a high mileage 1M for Nacho to continue on with the community, something he can beat up and drive without worry. Nacho you are probably the best poster here and you even got a shoutout at our meet last week along with a #freeM3adjuster mention by me....

Does the new owner know what type of responsibility he bears He better be an asset to the forum of epic proportions or I will only blame and resent him for this debacle.
Thank you Seis you guys are why I'm on here! : )

I will try to get the new owner on here. Yes he sent me a message that he has some anxiety driving it around . Also I see him and the car at cars and coffee and I'm answering questions he has about maintenance etc. I'm still involved since I sold it to someone I know and like. He is considering putting the arm rest back so I will probably help him with that etc. It almost feels like I put the car for adoption and it has a new last name but I still get to go to birthday parties.
Appreciate 3
seis-speed2430.50
1mGator143.50
      06-24-2021, 06:05 AM   #22
Mr. Wilson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M BSM, X5M

Thank you for all your help with projects through the years. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
nachob2314.00