BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-07-2015, 09:48 AM   #1
Xyloft
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 128i

engine revs when brake is pressed

I just swapped my stock intake back on. no real complaints with the injen, but wanted to see if stock gave better gas mileage on my long commute. I should have driven the stock a week or two before swapping it on when I got my job, but it's easy enough.

cars acting a little strange though. when I first start it up and press the brake pedal, the engine RPM will surge a little and bounce about 250 rpm. no brake pedal pressure and it's smooth as it should be.

car drives normal, and once warmed up, it no longer does it.

any ideas what could cause that? i double checked the fittings on the engine side of the MAF, and I don't think i have any leaks there. brake fluid was a touch low, so i just added some - I doubt that'll solve it, but at least now it's in spec.

yup... ID10T error. forgot to hook up the MAF. (was so focused on trying to find an intake leak, I didn't see it right in front of my face. lol. )

Last edited by Xyloft; 09-07-2015 at 11:18 AM..
Appreciate 0