BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-25-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
integra891
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Punched Car?

So I just bought a new 2011 BMW 135i from a local dealership. The initial contract I signed is marked New, however just a few minutes ago, after I drove the vehicle home, the salesperson who sold the car to me called me telling me that he has to change the contract that I have already signed. He says the car was "punched" a couple months ago and that I have to sign a new contract stating the car is used although he says the car is new. It has 80 miles on it. I looked up some stuff on "punching" however I am unsure of what I should do in regards to signing a new contract. The major issue that seems to be an issue with punched cars is related to warranty coverage from my understanding. Can anyone give me some thoughts on what I should do regarding this issue? He is sending someone to me to sign the paperwork tomorrow morning. Thanks for the help.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Did you buy or lease the car?

If the car is punched that means the dealer reported the car as sold to BMW and the warranty period has already started.

If you leased the car, no big deal. If you bought it and the car is going to be short a couple of month on warranty, I would be OK with it as long as you got a pretty good discount.
Appreciate 0