BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-14-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
WingerRed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Convertible

No sound out of left speakers

The audio would intermittently stop coming out of the left speakers on my 2011 E88 with the Professional HU and what I believe to be the HiFi system due to the number of speakers. It now seems that the left side has stop putting out sound permanently. I don't believe the problem is lying in the wiring within the door as both the door speaker and the rear speaker are failing to put out sound. Could this be an issue with loose/disconnected wires at the head unit or at the amp. Could the amp itself fail in a way that only affects the left speakers? I'd like to troubleshoot the things that might lead to a simple solution first. I don't know that any water has gotten into the trunk, but I bought the car at 54k miles so I don't know if there has ever been an issue like that.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #2
WingerRed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Convertible

So I believe it is indeed loose wiring since I drove over some railroad tracks and the right side speakers came back on. I plan on accessing the amp to see if the wires are loose in that location. If that doesn't do it it is likely the head unit, and I really don't feel like pulling that apart.
Appreciate 0