BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
jayson
Life's too short for chess
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 991.2 T / E36 M3

Post Resist-all car care products... any good?

With my new car I purchased the "Resist All" paint and interior protection package (something like 5 year warranty against paint discoloration / interior stains / etc). They wanted $599 which was outrageous, countered with $250 and they took it. Hey, at least I got a detail out of it.

Long story short, aside from the detail i got a "kit" including interior / exterior shampoos, protectants, glass cleaner / tire shine / etc. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this stuff, if it is any good?

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
JohnL135I
Donkey Kong King
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Boss 302

Never heard of it. I would have just bought a Zaino kit
      04-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
jayson
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL135I View Post
Never heard of it. I would have just bought a Zaino kit
No doubt that Zaino products are better - but what I really bought was an extended warranty for Paint & Interior (though now I wonder if the manufacturer warranty is any different).
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Lifetime Paint Protection

Xzilon, Simonize, Perma-Plate, DuPont PTFE™, Resist-all, etc -there is no polymer, synthetic or natural wax, or after-market coating available that can provide a five year or lifetime protection to a paint film surface; this technology doesn't exist, read the fine print in the contract offered by car dealerships.

There is normally a clause that states you should return the vehicle for a "maintenance" application of the product (at 3 or 6 months intervals) failing to do this will void your warranty or the fine print will basically exclude every condition you could claim against

The primary protection provided for a modern water-based colour coat is a polythene paint that has a thickness of (127 - 178 µ) comprise a Primer coat of 2Mils (50 µ) a Colour coat of 1-2Mils (25 -50 µ) and Clear coat 2-3Mils (50 - 75 µ) An applied paint protection product is the entire barrier that provides protection for automotive paintwork besides the clear coat paint and this renewable barrier is probably less than 0.001Mil (0.0254 µm)
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 08:55 AM   #5
jayson
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGWT View Post
There is normally a clause that states you should return the vehicle for a "maintenance" application of the product (at 3 or 6 months intervals) failing to do this will void your warranty or the fine print will basically exclude every condition you could claim against
I am going to read through the fine print again, if this is the case then I won't be too happy!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #6
galeokelvin
Registered
Rep
Drives: none

Recently, I purchased a new car , Which is in white color. I am searching for the best and quality car care products then, My friend suggest me Resist-all car care products. Please produce some details about who had an experience for the resist-all car care products.

nanotech australia
nano tech products

Last edited by galeokelvin; 11-29-2012 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
FABIAN128I
FOE
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

I got some surface protection, called ibex for my car but really haven't used it need some info :
      11-27-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
josephinecars
Rep
Drives: 2012 128I Vert

Lot of money for a 20.00 wax
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 03:27 AM   #9
softy180
Australia
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGWT

Xzilon, Simonize, Perma-Plate, DuPont PTFE, Resist-all, etc -there is no polymer, synthetic or natural wax, or after-market coating available that can provide a five year or lifetime protection to a paint film surface; this technology doesn't exist, read the fine print in the contract offered by car dealerships.

The primary protection provided for a modern water-based colour coat is a polythene paint that has a thickness of (127 - 178 ) comprise a Primer coat of 2Mils (50 ) a Colour coat of 1-2Mils (25 -50 ) and Clear coat 2-3Mils (50 - 75 ) An applied paint protection product is the entire barrier that provides protection for automotive paintwork besides the clear coat paint and this renewable barrier is probably less than 0.001Mil (0.0254 m)
+1
Dealerships just make a commission out of selling this stuff. It is just a sealant and an expensive one at that. Get opti coat applied or similar. Should last 1-2 years.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 07:14 AM   #10
Joeyb7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport - AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGWT

Xzilon, Simonize, Perma-Plate, DuPont PTFE, Resist-all, etc -there is no polymer, synthetic or natural wax, or after-market coating available that can provide a five year or lifetime protection to a paint film surface; this technology doesn't exist, read the fine print in the contract offered by car dealerships.

The primary protection provided for a modern water-based colour coat is a polythene paint that has a thickness of (127 - 178 ) comprise a Primer coat of 2Mils (50 ) a Colour coat of 1-2Mils (25 -50 ) and Clear coat 2-3Mils (50 - 75 ) An applied paint protection product is the entire barrier that provides protection for automotive paintwork besides the clear coat paint and this renewable barrier is probably less than 0.001Mil (0.0254 m)
Agree with all of this info. It's just another money-maker for the dealership. Nothing out there will last for five years and buying an assortment of the best products online is your best bet. It has taken me years to accumulate all of the products I use.
Appreciate 0