BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #1
blcmn
Viking
Norway
Rep
Drives: F31 335i xDrive

08' 120d Sapphire Black (NOR)

I'm all new to this forum and this type of car (E82 and diesel), but not new to owning a BMW. Thaught I start off by giving a short introduction of myself. Norwegian bloke, had a few BMW's.. last beeing a Z3 Coupè (picture 1), if we discard my current E36 320i.

Now to the more interesting part...
Just baught myself an 08' 120d, imported from Germany, which I have not otained yet.. hopefully in the start of next week. Why 120d you ask? Well.. 135i costs a shitload of money in Norway ($150.000), so it was pretty much the only option. Since theres no picture of the car yet, I thaught I'd give you a teaser of the wheels my car will be rolling with. Brand new out of the box (picture 2 and 3) Don't think theres alot of cars on this forum rolling on theese, hope it will stay "unique", sort of..

I've also paid for two more treats.. but don't wan't to spoil all the fun at once, so they will stay secret for a few more days
Hint; one is for better handling, and the other is performance

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
blcmn
Viking
Norway
Rep

So, the car is finally in my hands! Without any hesitation, let the modifications begin. First off is Bilstein coilovers! Theese lowers from 30mm to 50mm. The car have the M-package, which was surprisingly good.. but not good enough. Next week, Monday, I will drive my car close to the swedish boarder to visit ESS Performance! They will upgrade my ECU to stage 1, for 205hp\450nm. Now some pictures of the suspension upgrade. I will take some quality pictures later on with the Hartge Classic II wheels.

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Thanks for sharing!
how much stiffer are the new springs compared to stock? did you get a change to drive it yet?
Impressions?

Thanks for sharing!
      07-23-2011, 07:46 AM   #4
blcmn
Viking
Norway
Rep

I'd say the coilovers are.. firm, but not harsh by any means. It's alot stiffer then the M package setup, and works really good just for daily driving, or if you want to take the ride to the track. But ofcourse, it's not good enough if you go to trackdays on a regular basis. I've spoken to several people and the conclusion is, Bilstein PSS > KW. It costs a little bit more, but the quality is alot better.

Heres a quick picture (iphone)
I'll post some quality pictures when the weather allows it

Appreciate 0