BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-25-2008, 02:57 AM   #1
BMWc33
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Black Sapphire Metallic w/ gray boston leather ????

Hi all! I've been lurking on here for quite some time now and have been noticing how much everyone enjoys their cars so far...Well time has come to order mine and im stuck on the color combo...Black on black is too much for me and i've seen the BSM with the coral red interior in person but have never seen a picture with the gray boston leather in a BSM 135i. I tried searching and looked at all the pictures and didn't see any although may have missed it somewhere. Well my question is, does anyone disagree with the combo of the BSM with gray interior? or has someone seen it in person or have a picture that can vouch for it looking better than the coral...cause if not, i will be getting the coral red interior...sorry for the long post! I just don't want to regret my decision. Thanks in advanced!

Joey
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 03:01 AM   #2
spcheng
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i COMING SOON!

I wouldn't see why anyone choose the grey interior. It looks dull and dead, worse than a dentists office.

But, this is only my opinion. So take it as a grain of salt...
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I was actually torn between the Gray and Red interior myself,..but the Gray leather has all Gray Door panels. I like the Gray,..but there's too much of it. Looks monotone. Thought the red was a little bit flashy, but Loved it for some reason. I Like the 2-tone effect on the door panels, and the seats. (Side airbag covers are black.)
Only other option is (I was actually thinking of doing this) Was to order the Gray, and then order the replacement Door panel inserts in black and swap them. Shouldnt bee too much $$$, and would give a nice look
See pics below. Hope this helps (forgive my crappy p-shop skills)
Attached Images

BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #4
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

I ordered BSM with red... but I'm going to throw a curve ball at you: forget grey, and check this out http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5660
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #5
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Way too much grey, IMO. I would never go for the grey or the taupe, as I don't like how they do the door panels centre console, under-dash, carpets, etc. in the lighter color.

If you're not into black on black, then coral red, terra or lemon are beautiful alternatives, IMO.

The red is awesome, but I fear I'd get tired of it. The lemon is beautiful too, but you've really got to be happy with a light color. Terra would be my pick of the three, as it looks like a really easy color to live with for the long haul...

Having said all that, my personal perference is still for the black interior...
      03-26-2008, 01:05 AM   #6
valhalla
Rep
Drives:

I like that idea... mix and match door panels... perhaps you could find someone on the board with black interior that would like the grey inserts!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 02:15 AM   #7
BMWc33
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post
I like that idea... mix and match door panels... perhaps you could find someone on the board with black interior that would like the grey inserts!
I was thinking that it looks good to, but dont know what my luck would be in finding that person who wants those gray inserts...lol oh and one question for you valhalla its kinda of topic, but does your s/n come from the Halo 3 map?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 07:40 AM   #8
Esmallstii
Systematic Chaos
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Im sure the Door panel inserts aren't that expensive if you needed to get them new. Look like a small enough piece, and should be easy to swap out with a door clip tool.
BSM/Coral red/Sp pkg/Cft access/Htd seats/BMW Performance Pedals, Spoiler, & Rotors/18" VMR V710's/Hankook Ventus/Cool Carbon Pads ."The 135i's engine sound is so ferocious and bittersweet, so carnal and wicked, somebody ought to name a heavy-metal band after it: Velvet Chain Saw."
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 11:51 PM   #9
valhalla
Rep
Drives:

The name is not from the Halo 3 maps... not much of a gamer... but on the swap... I might do it if I change my mind and go with black. My M5 has black leather with "silver" re: gray seat and door panel inserts. It does help break up the monotony of all black. Keep me in mind. I won't get my car until Aug with an ED so probably won't see it stateside until ... what mid Sept maybe?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2008, 01:04 AM   #10
BMWc33
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla View Post
The name is not from the Halo 3 maps... not much of a gamer... but on the swap... I might do it if I change my mind and go with black. My M5 has black leather with "silver" re: gray seat and door panel inserts. It does help break up the monotony of all black. Keep me in mind. I won't get my car until Aug with an ED so probably won't see it stateside until ... what mid Sept maybe?
Sounds good man. I will definitely keep you in mind when I order mine and let you know how it goes...As for when you get your car...I recently spoke to my CA and he told me that im currently 3rd on the list for orders so it would probably take 4-5 months for my car to come in and that was if I ordered the car TODAY...so we may be in the same situation of getting our cars around the same time. But I will for sure let you know when the time comes to order so we can have something setup if you want to swap so i dont get stuck with all grey!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2008, 07:37 PM   #11
mecheng03
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Bump

I'm also interested in seeing how the Gray Leather looks. Has anyone else received this option yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 02:39 PM   #12
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mecheng03 View Post
Bump

I'm also interested in seeing how the Gray Leather looks. Has anyone else received this option yet?

I had the Taupe ordered....was at BMW one day and they had a Boston Grey convertible in. Was awesome with Jet black exterior. *Very* classy on the Vert. I changed my order that day. I like two Tone Savannah as well, but two things really held me back. Light brown shows stains pretty bad, less then grey, and two..the upper most part where I will rest my arm on in the vert <Upper most part by the window> is black in the Savannah. That area would get freaking hot in the Houston sun. It's the reason I would never get a black interior. Since I am a big guy and hang my arms up on that area all the time, there was no way I was getting it black there.

My advice is to go look in person. The grey is very classy in person, and again it looks awesome on the Vert with a black top. Maybe the Vert top breaks it up a little?
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 01:18 AM   #13
Rippy087
Private
Rep
Drives:

My sister's blue 04 330 has the grey interior, in my opinion it is too much grey, and as others have said it looks dull and dead. The black in my black 02 325 is a much nicer interior (at least in my opinion). In that case, I would go with the coral red over the grey.

Jake
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 02:05 AM   #14
Dan203
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Two tone black and gray would actually look pretty cool.

Dan
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 07:54 AM   #15
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmallstii View Post
I was actually torn between the Gray and Red interior myself,..but the Gray leather has all Gray Door panels. I like the Gray,..but there's too much of it. Looks monotone. Thought the red was a little bit flashy, but Loved it for some reason. I Like the 2-tone effect on the door panels, and the seats. (Side airbag covers are black.)
Only other option is (I was actually thinking of doing this) Was to order the Gray, and then order the replacement Door panel inserts in black and swap them. Shouldnt bee too much $$$, and would give a nice look
I agree 100%. I would only pick a color interior that has the 2-tone. The contrast is great. The grey is just TOO MUCH grey. It would be nice if they offered a darker grey with the 2-tone.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #16
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmallstii View Post

Umm, I *really like that black middle panal? Those things can't be more then $150 bucks each and I bet they just pop in and out? Plus by keeping the top part grey it keeps cool where I lay my arm. Man, I really like that!

Edit: Not that this effects those on this thread, but remember those of us getting Verts will have a solid black headliner. It really helps to break up the solid Boston Grey. Just fyi.
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 05:44 PM   #17
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

You really have to look at the combo in person.The Coral contrast is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 05:54 PM   #18
WhiteOne
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 135i

2 cars. 1 black interior & 1 gray interior. Swap seats and panels. I think it would improve both cars. YOMV
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 06:37 PM   #19
SlickShift
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E90 M3 ZCP, '21 X5 ZMP

I personally HATE gray interiors. It's like a cloudy day every time you get in your car.
Retired: '00 323i, '06 325Ci, '09 135i, '06 Z4M Roadster, '93 525i, '76 2002, '14 X1, '14 M235i, '16 X4, '16 435i
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 06:56 PM   #20
128er
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan203 View Post
Two tone black and gray would actually look pretty cool.

Dan
IT WOULD LOOK SEXY!!
-Steptronic
-Premium Sound
-Xenons

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 08:12 PM   #21
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOne View Post
2 cars. 1 black interior & 1 gray interior. Swap seats and panels. I think it would improve both cars. YOMV

Bah! To each their own
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
Motorsports_3
E30 Addict
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135, 1988 325

Any plastic that is not black looks cheap to me.