BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-26-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
x97Melbourne
Molar World
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i Coupe

Cool For Those Who Have the Tire Warranty

I have the "High Performance Tire & Wheel Protection Agreement" paid for at the dealer at time of purchase for $549.

My question is: for those who have replaced their run flats with regular tires (ie Hankooks, Yokohamas, etc).

Has anyone FILED A CLAIM with the warranty on a regular tire? Any problems??? Where did you take it (dealer? tire kingdom, etc???).

I am about to change to Yokohama S-Drive and wanted some feedback regarding the warranty first.

THANKS.

Should the Yokohamas last longer???? Any comments on this????

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 05:13 AM   #2
bimmer billy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedona Red BMW 135

Yes I have, I got some non run flat Bridgestone Potenzas when I got the BMW performance rims. They are tires that BMW doesnt put on their vehicles. One of the tires got a huge gouge in it so I called up the dealer to schedule an appointment to be replaced. Since BMW does not put theses tires on their vehicles I had to purchase the replacement tire my self and bring it to dealership to be replaced. So I brought the tire and reciept in and they fixed the tire for no charge and also the gave me a reinbursement for the tire. I ended up losing 20 bucks on the deal because of shipping cost and BMW said they could have purchased the tire 4 bucks cheaper. Why BMW doesnt just buy the tire, I dunno, but you can buy any tires you want and if you have the tire and wheel waranty they will be covered. A list of tires that BMW uses on their vehicles can be obtained at your local dealership if you do not want the hassle of gettting a replacement tire your self.

2008 Sedona Red 135i, JB3, Injen intake, 35% tint, Performance Rims, Performance Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, Boston Leather, Glacier Aluminum, iPod/USB, Sports Package w/ shifters,
Premium Package, Heated Seats, Xenon's.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

i read something somewhere that stated the Warranty will cover it as long as it's the same size?

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2009, 11:57 AM   #4
x97Melbourne
Molar World
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i Coupe

Thanks for the response. I think I will buy the other tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer billy View Post
Yes I have, I got some non run flat Bridgestone Potenzas when I got the BMW performance rims. They are tires that BMW doesnt put on their vehicles. One of the tires got a huge gouge in it so I called up the dealer to schedule an appointment to be replaced. Since BMW does not put theses tires on their vehicles I had to purchase the replacement tire my self and bring it to dealership to be replaced. So I brought the tire and reciept in and they fixed the tire for no charge and also the gave me a reinbursement for the tire. I ended up losing 20 bucks on the deal because of shipping cost and BMW said they could have purchased the tire 4 bucks cheaper. Why BMW doesnt just buy the tire, I dunno, but you can buy any tires you want and if you have the tire and wheel waranty they will be covered. A list of tires that BMW uses on their vehicles can be obtained at your local dealership if you do not want the hassle of gettting a replacement tire your self.
Appreciate 0