BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-01-2012, 02:35 AM   #23
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz

What wheels have you got? I might have my brakes for sale (1M/M3 brakes are better than bmwp ones) - there is a groove on the rear passenger though. Should polish off after a while. calipers are black .
18" vmr v701's.. So you're selling stock 1m brakes? How much? Would they even fit right on an e87 130i?
Possibly, and I haven't research on price yet. Not sure if it will fit your wheels though. I know Biz has problem with a set of 18s over his brakes but M3 18" fits.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 02:55 AM   #24
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
Possibly, and I haven't research on price yet. Not sure if it will fit your wheels though. I know Biz has problem with a set of 18s over his brakes but M3 18" fits.
in what way might they not fit?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 03:23 AM   #25
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
in what way might they not fit?
The wheel doesn't clear the calipers.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 06:46 AM   #26
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ryan_
I did BMWP fronts, will do the rears when they are due.

Best money I have spent in a while(apart from the pup). The standard brakes felt shit, no feel, no bite, no confidence.

Can't wait to try rb74's and some semis!
What pup did you get?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 03:00 PM   #27
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
18's (sorry for double post btw, bimmerpost iphone app sucks but is stabler than through safari..), as above vmr v701

I'd like 17's on the rear though for performance reasons but really doesn't matter much haha

I think nashin's are way above my price range though lol

Withthe mods im planning, ridiculous upgrade probably isn't so ridiculous.. But good discs and pads will be just enough for now, so id guess bmwp will hold me even better for a while.. So yea all depends on the price

Ed: a quick google tells me closer to 4k?yeah a bit much over the <2k for bmwp lol
Hey flinchy,

I have put together a Nashin kit for you, that is both 18" and 17" wheel friendly.

The front rotor is 345 x 28 mm and the caliper is a N3 (4 pot).

The rear rotor is 330 x 24 and the caliper is a N1-R (2 pot).

All the rotors are 1-piece fixed and the calipers are N-Series Monoblock.

Both front and rear calipers are supplied with "Street" series pads preinstalled.

The brake kit includes all the necessary high strength mounting brackets and fasteners for both front and rear rotors, as well as teflon lined brake lines, that are sleeved with a double layer of stainless steel.

I can supply the entire kit as above for $2,145 inclusive of GST.

I can't accurately comment on the suggestion that an aftermarket brake kit would defeat the dynamic stability control systems of the vehicle, as I am not across that but I will do some reading on the matter.

However when Clinton says, "I wouldn't trust my family in the hands of an unknown manufacturer, especially from china" he is way off the mark.

Nashin is made in Taiwan not China, if you talk to people in the know they will tell you that Taiwan is the new Japan of aftermarket performance parts, with regards build quality and workmanship.

The Nashin brake components are extremely well engineered and Nashin themselves have been around for quite some time now, their high-end premium BBK's are every bit as good as the likes of Brembo.

Peter has been using Nashin braking systems on purpose built, high horsepower Skyline GTR race cars for many years with excellent results. They have proven to outlast and outperform many big name brands around the race track, whilst being far more cost effective.

FYI,

the BMW OE 135i caliper made by Brembo is not all it's cracked up to be, no pun intended.

Whilst given your application it's unlikely to happen, the piston seals have been known to leak and the pistons themselves have been shown to crack and disintegrate under extreme track conditions, when running aftermarket pads.

Anyway here are a few pics of the components of the kit I have quoted up for you, just so you know the rotor shown is the rear unit, Irene did not have a pic handy of the front 345 mm unit.

Cheers,

JD.
Attached Images

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 06-01-2012 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #28
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Ok so with the dsc/coding potential issues, does anyone have a number that we need Pete to put on driving with the nashins before we get the all clear
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 05:29 PM   #29
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

Quote:
18" vmr v701's.. So you're selling stock 1m brakes? How much? Would they even fit right on an e87 130i?
Sorry 1M/M3 brakes will not fit the 1 series or the 3 series other than the M cars
they will not fit up, been there done that
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 06:03 PM   #30
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat
Quote:
Sorry 1M/M3 brakes will not fit the 1 series or the 3 series other than the M cars
they will not fit up, been there done that
Pete didn't you put the m3 brakes on your car?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #31
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

The peoples republic of Taiwan
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 10:15 PM   #32
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Peter swapped over the entire rear diff section to a M3 LSD.. Brakes and all.

Not sure what he did for the front.. Was there this morning, and forgot to check.. Too busy having a " Cup of Tea " with Pete..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #33
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu
Quote:
Peter swapped over the entire rear diff section to a M3 LSD.. Brakes and all.

Not sure what he did for the front.. Was there this morning, and forgot to check.. Too busy having a " Cup of Tea " with Pete..
Yeh but I am curious as to why Pete says m3 brakes won't for a 335? Or 1m brakes won't fit a 135.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #34
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Yeh but I am curious as to why Pete says m3 brakes won't for a 335? Or 1m brakes won't fit a 135.
Ok..probably means straight swap like the BMW performance brakes, without having to replace front and rear suspension/control sections to match.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 10:56 PM   #35
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Yes i did for a while on the rear, But my car has a complete M3 rear end so my 335 brake set up wouldn't fit the M3 bracket so i had to leave the M3 brakes on the rear. But i like a multi piston BBK set up and as you know the M cars have povo looking brakes they work fine, just look cheap they need a big brake kit weather our kit or a Brembo kit, but that is just me the car looks hot but the brakes look like there of a X5 SORRY.

Last edited by Kiwi Peter; 06-02-2012 at 03:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #36
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Hi paul
The caliper mount on the 1M & M3 is not the same as the 135 and 335.
1- 1M & M3 same
2- 135 & 335 same
3- 120d, 130, 135, 320, 335 front will all bolt up so you could fit the 4 piston set up from a 135 all OK
4- The rear brakes from a 135 will not fit any other 1 series with out our hand brake mod.
5- The rear brakes from a 135 will bolt up to a 335 OK

The brakes are bigger on the 335 than the 135 and are said to be better, i dont think so there is no way that a floating caliper is better than a multi piston set up thats just my opinon.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #37
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat
Quote:
Hi paul
The caliper mount on the 1M & M3 is not the same as the 135 and 335.
1- 1M & M3 same
2- 135 & 335 same
3- 120d, 130, 135, 320, 335 front will all bolt up so you could fit the 4 piston set up from a 135 all OK
4- The rear brakes from a 135 will not fit any other 1 series with out our hand brake mod.
5- The rear brakes from a 135 will bolt up to a 335 OK

The brakes are bigger on the 335 than the 135 and are said to be better, i dont think so there is no way that a floating caliper is better than a multi piston set up thats just my opinon.
Ok thanks now I understand
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 03:12 AM   #38
kmli5
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hey flinchy,

I have put together a Nashin kit for you, that is both 18" and 17" wheel friendly.

The front rotor is 345 x 28 mm and the caliper is a N3 (4 pot).

The rear rotor is 330 x 24 and the caliper is a N1-R (2 pot).

All the rotors are 1-piece fixed and the calipers are N-Series Monoblock.

Both front and rear calipers are supplied with "Street" series pads preinstalled.

The brake kit includes all the necessary high strength mounting brackets and fasteners for both front and rear rotors, as well as teflon lined brake lines, that are sleeved with a double layer of stainless steel.

I can supply the entire kit as above for $2,145 inclusive of GST.

I can't accurately comment on the suggestion that an aftermarket brake kit would defeat the dynamic stability control systems of the vehicle, as I am not across that but I will do some reading on the matter.

However when Clinton says, "I wouldn't trust my family in the hands of an unknown manufacturer, especially from china" he is way off the mark.

Nashin is made in Taiwan not China, if you talk to people in the know they will tell you that Taiwan is the new Japan of aftermarket performance parts, with regards build quality and workmanship.

The Nashin brake components are extremely well engineered and Nashin themselves have been around for quite some time now, their high-end premium BBK's are every bit as good as the likes of Brembo.

Peter has been using Nashin braking systems on purpose built, high horsepower Skyline GTR race cars for many years with excellent results. They have proven to outlast and outperform many big name brands around the race track, whilst being far more cost effective.

FYI,

the BMW OE 135i caliper made by Brembo is not all it's cracked up to be, no pun intended.

Whilst given your application it's unlikely to happen, the piston seals have been known to leak and the pistons themselves have been shown to crack and disintegrate under extreme track conditions, when running aftermarket pads.

Anyway here are a few pics of the components of the kit I have quoted up for you, just so you know the rotor shown is the rear unit, Irene did not have a pic handy of the front 345 mm unit.

Cheers,

JD.

Hi JD,

Just wanted to know is the nashin brake kit legal on the road?
Like is it ADR approved?

Will I get in trouble with insurance if I have an accident?

The price you are offering is pretty good, considering the BMWP BBK is $1600 shipped just for the front.

Bottom line for me is it has to be legal to use.

thanks
Ken
      06-02-2012, 03:38 AM   #39
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmli5 View Post
Hi JD,

Just wanted to know is the nashin brake kit legal on the road?
Like is it ADR approved?

Will I get in trouble with insurance if I have an accident?

The price you are offering is pretty good, considering the BMWP BBK is $1600 shipped just for the front.

Bottom line for me is it has to be legal to use.

thanks
Ken
Hi there Ken
Any mod that you do to your car in NSW is not legal, maybe different where you are but basically it will not meet ADR or EPA it could be an intercooler, air filters, exhaust, engine management, meth, wheels, gear lever knob, pedal covers, window tints, coil over shocks, and brakes. Any mod that you do from the factory set up is not legal and you may get a defect notice from the boys in blue if you are doing something silly. Welcome to the performance car world this is why i am now putting more into the EURO car market these days the JAP sector is stuffed you are just a police target. For the time being the EURO cars are flying under the radar. All parts that we sell are safe for motor sport so are fantastic for road use, just tell your insurance company what you have done and you will be fine at least for that side of the issue. for the other side ie EPA / ADR your on your own just like every one else, sorry that's how it is.

There is a service we offer for our Japanese modded car owners, we have an engineer that will do a report and safety certificate for the mods but it does cost. you would be looking at around $1,500 for a fully modded car. this would offer peace of mind but at a price.

Last edited by Kiwi Peter; 06-02-2012 at 07:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #40
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Every state has different laws with regards to mod. So you better check with Vic Roads.

Many mods are legal in QLD without mod plate or declaration. Some requires to be carried out by specific professionals. Some required approval and mod plates.

Interesting observation is exhaust mods are allowed without notification in QLD provided emissions complies with ADR79. I was recently looking at replacing mid pipes for the 1M, and it is pointed to a N55 mids with my chassis number. It looks to me the N55 mid pipes must complies with EURO 4 for N54 and they decided to specify it instead of the catted pipe when it needs replacing for Aust market. Of course this will change 2016.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 06:36 AM   #41
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
There is a service we offer for our Japanese modded car owners, we have an engineer that will do a report and safety certificate for the mods but it does cost. you would be looking at around $1,500 for a fully modded car. this would offer peace of mind but at a price.
I want to do this once my car is finished!
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #42
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luster View Post
I want to do this once my car is finished!
I am with you Clint perhaps we could do a group buy
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 06:39 PM   #43
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

This is how it works in NSW:

1. You have a qualified engineer (on the RTA list of approved engineers) inspect your modified vehicle. They write a report that specifies certain modifications are, in their expert opinion, safe for use on NSW roads. This costs you a significant fee.

2. You take this engineer's report with you along with your vehicle to an authorised RTA Blue Slip Inspection station (could be your local garage). Any place that can do a blue slip. The mechanic there will look at your vehicle and the engineer's report an decide if your vehicle, as it is presented on that day, meets the RTA requirements taking into account the engineer's report. If he thinks it does, he will provide you with a blue slip for a small fee.

3. Armed with your blue slip you go to your RTA office and wait in line. You present your rego papers, engineer's report and blue slip. They will give you a thorough grilling about where you bought every part and ask for receipts etc because they think this is part of ensuring they stamp our rebirthing of cars. In the end if all goes according to plan you are issued with new rego papers and a new rego sticker that contains a special sequence of numbers and letters indicating the vehicle is legally modified and approved for use on NSW roads according to an engineer's report.

You can now drive your car legally on NSW roads.

BUT.

Any highway patrol officer can pull you over at any time and issue you with a defect notice (red or yellow) despite your engineer's report and rego sticker indicating the car is legally modified. It's up to you t then take the modified vehicle to the RTA's own inspection station for a "thorough" blue slip inspection. These places don't consider they've done their civic duty unless they defect every vehicle that comes to their pits.

Enjoy!

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2012, 07:37 PM   #44
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Sorry for the continued

But with the boys in blue having the magic rego reading cameras I'd have thought (based on Kenny's comments) you are painting a rather large target on your arse
Appreciate 0