BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-05-2012, 04:45 PM   #111
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

OK JUSTIN AND I WILL BACK OFF so much for trying to help
if you need help ring or pm me
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #112
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat
Pete I for one not only appreciate your help but rely upon it
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #113
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Benny made some good points. I do respect you Peter and your business and you have always been extremely welcoming towards me even if we occasionally disagree on here but that's what a forum is all about. I think the problem as stated by Clinton is the posts created by Justin when in fact his knowledge is quite suspect. He may sound like he knows what he's talking about but I beg to differ.
I guess some people are getting a little tired of Justin spamming up the forum with his arrogant ways.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 07:14 PM   #114
TimMc
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1q2w3e4r View Post
Peter spends a large part of his day with his head stuck under a car, on the dyno or dealing face to face with customers which is why he doesn't post that much on the forum. To be honest, he posts a hell of a lot more than I thought he would. In the entire time I've known him he's never posted on a car forum until this one which speaks volumes.
I don't know Pete personally but I'm also surprised that he, as a busy shop owner, spends time posting here. I value it & hope he stays here in at least some capacity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycat View Post
As you can see here Pete, we all value your help. Some of us value Justin's though obviously not all value his approach.

There's obviously a lot of stuff been discussed between some of you local guys that many on the forum are not aware of. Some of this has now come out. All I/we could see was the aftermath & wondered where it came from. There's also a lot of talk about arrogance here too though many of us, including some of those accusing, are also guilty of it. I hadn't perceived Justin to be too arrogant on the forum (maybe he's different face to face?) though he does certainly push the Advan bandwagon hard & it's difficult to believe he's not on the payroll.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 07:15 PM   #115
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Keep up the good work Peter..

ADVAN PERFORMANCE FTW

Everybody is entitled to their opinion:

BUT....

In my opinion, criticism, whether it is justified or not, should not be POSTED on a public forum, when you know that individual personally OR are posting info, that can harm someones business, whether it is warranted or not.

If you have a gripe with a mate/business, MAN UP, and take it to them man to man..

My Old School 2 cents..

EDIT: I am not on the payroll....

Last edited by Zuzu; 06-05-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #116
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
In my opinion, criticism, whether it is justified or not, should not be POSTED on a public forum, when you know that individual personally <SNIP>...If you have a gripe with a mate/business, MAN UP, and take it to them man to man..
I disagree. Your point would be valid should you change the forum on which to air your concerns.

If someone troubles you at work, take it up with them at work.

If someone troubles you on the phone, take it up with them on the phone.

If someone troubles you online, take it up with them online.

I think it is a cowardly act if you air your dirty laundry on a public forum for a private matter, however, if the matter is public, you can expect it the aired publicly.

Bringing your business online can make you or break you. If managed incorrectly, you can end up with egg on your face. You can also expect that if you derive your business from online forums, that you will be criticised online also.

Quote:
Dont BS, Justin isn't trying to help. He's selling products. I don't think I have ever seen him on the boards to add value - only push products.

Pull your socks up Pete, don't be so hyper-sensitive. If you listened a little more when people try to give you free advice (regarding your online strategies) in the shop, then situations like this can be averted.

Either way, nobody is criticising your approach - its your offsider who is the problem.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #117
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Keep up the good work Peter..

ADVAN PERFORMANCE FTW

Everybody is entitled to their opinion:

BUT....

In my opinion, criticism, whether it is justified or not, should not be POSTED on a public forum, when you know that individual personally OR are posting info, that can harm someones business, whether it is warranted or not.

If you have a gripe with a mate/business, MAN UP, and take it to them man to man..

My Old School 2 cents..

EDIT: I am not on the payroll....
I agree in principal Joe, but would like to clarify that i think its ok to post a critique on a product or service but always play the ball not the man

for instance lustys comments on the bbk are his opinion and while i do not agree with his opinion, that in no way diminishes his right to that opinion.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 07:49 PM   #118
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
I agree in principal Joe, but would like to clarify that i think its ok to post a critique on a product or service but always play the ball not the man

for instance lustys comments on the bbk are his opinion and while i do not agree with his opinion, that in no way diminishes his right to that opinion.
Exactly my point, although it might not have come across that way in my post.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:00 PM   #119
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luster View Post
I disagree. Your point would be valid should you change the forum on which to air your concerns.

If someone troubles you at work, take it up with them at work.

If someone troubles you on the phone, take it up with them on the phone.

If someone troubles you online, take it up with them online.

I think it is a cowardly act if you air your dirty laundry on a public forum for a private matter, however, if the matter is public, you can expect it the aired publicly.

Bringing your business online can make you or break you. If managed incorrectly, you can end up with egg on your face. You can also expect that if you derive your business from online forums, that you will be criticised online also.
Mate its your prerogative to disagree..

As I stated, that's my opinion, and you have stated yours..

Doesn't mean either opinion is correct..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #120
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

I know a lot of people agree with Clinton but can't voice there opinion because Advan currently work on there cars. Peter your doing a great job but the only mistake you made was putting that Advan shirt on your offsider. I run two successful businesses and knew it was a bad idea from the start.
FYI Kenny was the one that promoted you in the beginning.

Can I still come to the Advan open day?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #121
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Only if you wear that 30Kg Crucifix you wore to the beach in that last pix...
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #122
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Not going to comment on the comments from/about justin, as I am sure he can make his own comment/s, but to be fair to justin he has made his car available to pete in order to develope products for the community (oil cooler for example). I am sure he has been repaid by pete in one way or another (don't want to linger on that thought for too long folks ) and I suspect he feels a debt to pete and thats coming through in an overly eager way
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:21 PM   #123
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu
Quote:
Only if you wear that 30Kg Crucifix you wore to the beach in that last pix...

Ok so where were we.....?? Aahhh yeh Brakes.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #124
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Ok so where were we.....?? Aahhh yeh Brakes.
what no comment on the pic
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #125
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M
I find Peter & Justin add valuable comments on these forums. We all seem on too eager to snap up their free advise (good advise) when it suits.

The fact that products appear to be 'pushed' is due to the fact that they are typically products & solutions that have a proven track record, or that have been tried/installed.

Many attitudes in this post are disappointing and negative to the community!
C'mon Ian. You really can't see what's going on here?? :

Sorry I forgot that your yet another happy Advan customer.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #126
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
C'mon Ian. You really can't see what's going on here?? :

Sorry I forgot that your yet another happy Advan customer.
Hey Edwin.. Mate, enough is enough..

Your point has been pushed to the limits, and YES, we all understand the post.

I say DROP this nonsense now and stop dragging Pete's business name through this trash thread..

FAIR GO mate..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #127
UR25IO
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i M-SPORT DCT

where's the LOVE PEOPLE????? LMFAO

ps.. play nice guys!!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #128
Kiwi Peter
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 2012 Edition 500

Guys I will tell you that Justin is a good mate of mine. I'am not happy that some of you have taken to shoot him down like you have.

He does all the work on line because thats what he likes to do. His research is thorough and I'am involved with any issue that he is unfamiliar with.

How dare you carry on like a linch mob, why dont you all go and grow a brain, I truly have no respect for the people that have gone down this road and would prefer that the people concernd stay well away from my company door.

Regards Peter Hopkins
Advan Performance Centre
Ph 02-96483366
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 01:31 AM   #129
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian///M View Post
I find Peter & Justin add valuable comments on these forums. We all seem on too eager to snap up their free advise (good advise) when it suits.

The fact that products appear to be 'pushed' is due to the fact that they are typically products & solutions that have a proven track record, or that have been tried/installed.

Many attitudes in this post are disappointing and negative to the community!
+1. I wanted to stay out of this - but I think that us out-of-Sydney people that benefit from Advan and particularly Pete should voice their concerns a little.

I have only nice things to say about Pete - he has been brilliant and wasted a lot of his time with me on things that have no financial benefit to him.

Thank you for your help on everything Pete - I hope you do stick around regardless of some of the comments.
      06-06-2012, 02:01 AM   #130
kmli5
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I guess Justin is just trying to help, as this thread is meant to be about brakes and BBK. He has provide us with a economical alternative BBK as opposed to the BMWP one. He is not putting a gun in your head to force you to buy it.

A company such as nashin has actually produced a very attractive and diverse brake kit for our cars, whether they are top notch or not, I think they deserve some credit.

Now if we can get back to the topic please.
Can someone comment on their stock 135i 6 pots Brembo brakes? Regarding that performance either fast street or track. Basically, how do you like them? Do they performance as you expected? Any problems with them?

I appreciate your comment and time.

Ken
      06-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #131
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Guys I will tell you that Justin is a good mate of mine. I'am not happy that some of you have taken to shoot him down like you have.

He does all the work on line because thats what he likes to do. His research is thorough and I'am involved with any issue that he is unfamiliar with.

How dare you carry on like a linch mob, why dont you all go and grow a brain, I truly have no respect for the people that have gone down this road and would prefer that the people concernd stay well away from my company door.

Regards Peter Hopkins
Advan Performance Centre
Ph 02-96483366
Pete, as the person with the question in the first place.. I personally was ok with justin's offering of the product in the first place, and the information about it was given enough to pique interest.. but after a post or two it came to seem that he was repeating a spiel, rather than trying to work with my desires, and the information (some important some not so) i desired wasn't particularly readily apparent, as well as several contradictions and hearsays presented.. Another big issue is the only moderate source of information (even via google) on the brake kit in question is directly linked to the posts here and on e90post, so information is extremely limited

I'm quite sure your business is very reputable, otherwise you wouldn't be allowed on these forums

But if the information i require is not either readily available, or presented to me, my desire to replace a vital safety component of my car without being wholly reassured is less than intense

Thanks.

Ed: it also seems no one here really uses much other than stock/bmwp and obviously stoptech and brembo are excellent, but at $7k odd for front and rear.. Well that's a joke.. So i figure it's mostly on me to trawl through the internet for mor options and information, which i'm fine with, this forum was just the most convenient medium.. Will definitely post my findings, and i'm more than open to more discussion, information, and opinions from here... But this was pretty shit (if not amusing at firs haha) so far to be honest lol

AS ABOVE
Back to the original topic now if possible, more info on the stock 135i/ bmwp setup and potential.../potential issues (apart from te obvious and documented cracking rotors)
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2012, 04:23 AM   #132
luster
Major
Rep
Drives: e90, e88

The achilles heel of the Brembo setup appears to be the effect that boiling brake fluid has on the pistons seals and dust boots.

If you do track your car, the only real product that might thwart said damage would be titanium shims. These help to prevent heat transfer from the pads to the pistons and thus not boiling the brake fluid. At least it will ensure the process is slowed down, significantly.

http://hardbrakes.com/index.php?main...products_id=92

I have tracked both my 3 series with BBK and 1 series with BBK and neither have shown signs of brake fade, and thus far my rotors are perfect.
Appreciate 0