E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Recommended Setup for e90 Front Speakers

01-26-2006, 09:18 AM   #45
T-MC-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalyBMW325
Please check your facts. MB Quart german plant is still where MB Quarts are produced.

Under a new Maxxsonics Europe, Maxxsonics will work with the MB Quart Germany division and increase its manufacturing prowess, enrich the product development and technology team, and utilize the Obrigheim facility to its greatest potential. "Maxxsonics will capitalize on the MB Quart philosophy and utilize its unique position in the market place. We will maintain MBQ's German manufacturing facility, and cross-pollinate it with other Maxxsonics' speaker product. The world appreciates a truly German design and hand built craftsmanship. Yes, the product costs more, but so does a BMW, MB Quart is a testament to quality and superior sound," said Stiefel.

He sums it pretty good....
Sorry, I forgot to leave out the fact that this was product being sent to the United States under the MBQ name.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2006, 07:29 PM   #46
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 325i (very soon)

Quote:
First off what I was pointing out to you was you claimed Alpine cost $3000. Alpines suggested retail is $1500. So you either exaggerate or dont know what you are talking about. I just gave you the ebay link to show they are not even close to $3000.

Second, Reputation to produce the highest quality speakers which means outstanding sound.

BOSE does not have the best reputation out there. People will tell you you have to like the sound they put out. Rainbow speakers I do not know enough about to comment on price or sound. The point is have you owned such speakers. Judging by your lack of knowledge I will guess no. I can say I have competeted with MB Quarts and have won and also lost with them. What can you have done? Besides wake up today?
Look, buddy. As I mentioned before, you have absolutely NO insight into how clueless you sound. Not only are you blind to any other speaker manufacturer other than MB Quart, but you have conveniently ignored all of my counterarguments...as though if you dunked your head in the sand, maybe your points weren't really shot down by myself and several others.

You're wrong that MB Quart are the best speakers out there. Your reasons for why you think they're the best are based on extremely faulty logic. Everybody essentially disagrees with you, and you obviously live in a narrow-minded world of IASCA-lemmings who really don't know any better.

You're clearly out of your league here when it comes to hi-end sound, and you complete lack of ability to reason logically makes it a complete waste of time talking to you. When you have something intelligent to say and/or you decide to address the points I've made previously, let me know.

Example: When you challenge people to name speakers that are bette than MB Quart, and I name THREE, it is NOT sufficient to respond with the equivalent of "oh yeah, well the alpine speakers can be had for half of [MSRP] on e-bay." If you cannot see how patently retarded your response was, I have nothing more to say.

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2006, 11:42 PM   #47
PittWm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 330i SP pack, Prem pack, CW

Quote:
If you are such a pro attach pictures of your systems. It is so easy for people to claim to be somethign that they are not. Like I said MB Quart wins more than 50 % of the time. I will put MB Quarts agaisnt any speaker you can suggest. When the pink noise CD goes in I guarantee any plain old speaker will not do.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Mine is based on facts whats your based on?
MB Quarts is very nice, I have many friends that use them and swear by them. I personally find the highs a bit too sharp for my taste. I use JL XR's and I love them. Have you them?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 03:09 AM   #48
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittWm
MB Quarts is very nice, I have many friends that use them and swear by them. I personally find the highs a bit too sharp for my taste. I use JL XR's and I love them. Have you them?
Please don't goad him anymore...

I too find MB Quarts' tweeters too sharp/harsh, especially in the close confines of a car cabin where the tweeter is only like 2-3 feet away.

In North America, I find Boston Acoustics (their Pro line) to be quite excellent in sound and price. And it's made in USA!
2017 340i xDrive | Estoril | Black | Al | 8AT | M Package
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 03:34 AM   #49
Tierfreund
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor

I too find MB Quarts' tweeters too sharp/harsh, especially in the close confines of a car cabin where the tweeter is only like 2-3 feet away.

In North America, I find Boston Acoustics (their Pro line) to be quite excellent in sound and price. And it's made in USA!

Bostons are nice. Excellent quality and craftmanship.
      01-27-2006, 04:27 AM   #50
ItalyBMW325
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellygas
Look, buddy. As I mentioned before, you have absolutely NO insight into how clueless you sound. Not only are you blind to any other speaker manufacturer other than MB Quart, but you have conveniently ignored all of my counterarguments...as though if you dunked your head in the sand, maybe your points weren't really shot down by myself and several others.

You're wrong that MB Quart are the best speakers out there. Your reasons for why you think they're the best are based on extremely faulty logic. Everybody essentially disagrees with you, and you obviously live in a narrow-minded world of IASCA-lemmings who really don't know any better.

You're clearly out of your league here when it comes to hi-end sound, and you complete lack of ability to reason logically makes it a complete waste of time talking to you. When you have something intelligent to say and/or you decide to address the points I've made previously, let me know.

Example: When you challenge people to name speakers that are bette than MB Quart, and I name THREE, it is NOT sufficient to respond with the equivalent of "oh yeah, well the alpine speakers can be had for half of [MSRP] on e-bay." If you cannot see how patently retarded your response was, I have nothing more to say.

SmellyGas
SmellyGas are you just ignorant? YOU CLAIMED the ALPINES COST $3000. Alpine claims they only retail for $1500 NOT EBAY!! Target Retail Price US $1,500.00/CN $1,799.00 Thats straight from Alpines website. And if you read my post I said cost is not the point. I then pointed out I do not know enough about Rainbow to comment. Obviosly you do not either and have had no experience with any of the brands listed. I pointed out this is my opinion one shared by many. If you do not like MB Quarts great have a lolly pop. NO One is asking you to listen to them or even agree with me. Your posts show you do not know anything about the topic. You just jumped on the bandwagon and decide to chime in. Which is fine. I have my opinion you have yours. I reccommended to the original poster to seek a professional opinion.. Wake up and smell the smelly gas.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 04:50 AM   #51
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

I have to agree with Italy there.
We had just found a level of disussion where there actually was some helpfull content in the posts and now we´re back to finger pointing and name calling.
Italys post correcting the price of the Alpine equipment, stating that the official price is half of what smelly said it was and that the street price was even lower is actually quite helpfull.

At 3000$ the Alpine set would probably not appeal to many. But at 1500 or even half of that it becomes a very interesting product. After all, the OP was asking for speaker recommendations

I also share Italys observations on the Bose brand. It is a brand with a certain following but it also is not universally loved thus his statements about Boses so-so reputation are right on the mark.
      01-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #52
PittWm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 330i SP pack, Prem pack, CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by visor

OOO, Yes, Boston Acoustic, veerrrry nice....

I almost fell over when the guy in the shop told me how much they were. I just settles for my JL's. I'm planning to put my old equip. back in the E90. So far, nothing else would fit but 12W7 and 1000/1.

I posted my the rest of my equipments for sale and maybe just use the fund to buy wheels instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #53
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
SmellyGas are you just ignorant? YOU CLAIMED the ALPINES COST $3000. Alpine claims they only retail for $1500 NOT EBAY!! Target Retail Price US $1,500.00/CN $1,799.00 Thats straight from Alpines website. And if you read my post I said cost is not the point. I then pointed out I do not know enough about Rainbow to comment.
The list price was based on a review from a reputable car audio magazine. Manufacturers are free to change MSRP's, and I cannot control what people charge on e-bay. HOWEVER, I never stated that these speakers were better because they cost more - that was your incorrect interpretation based on poor reading comprehension. Let me break it down:
- You claimed MB Quarts were the best car speakers available
- You challenged people to name better speakers
- I named three
- You failed to dispute my claim that there were indeed superior car speakers
- Furthermore, your lack of familarity with the sets that I named demonstrated that YOU are NOT QUALIFIED to make the assertion that MB Quarts are the best because you obviously do not know the "high-end" well enough.

Quote:
NO One is asking you to listen to them or even agree with me.
Nobody here agrees with you because you're wrong.

Quote:
You just jumped on the bandwagon and decide to chime in. Which is fine. I have my opinion you have yours.
Actually, no. I jumped in because you made a false claim and stated it as FACT. I'm glad that you're now retracting your unfounded statement and converted it to an "opinion."

...and opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one.

Quote:
Wake up and smell the smelly gas.
I bet you thought that was pretty witty - but guess what...it wasn't. Another example of how you have poor insight into how unsophisticated and unknowledgable you really are.

How old are you...I would guess around 18.

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 08:07 PM   #54
ItalyBMW325
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
The list price was based on a review from a reputable car audio magazine. Manufacturers are free to change MSRP's, and I cannot control what people charge on e-bay. HOWEVER, I never stated that these speakers were better because they cost more - that was your incorrect interpretation based on poor reading comprehension. Let me break it down:
- You claimed MB Quarts were the best car speakers available
- You challenged people to name better speakers
- I named three
- You failed to dispute my claim that there were indeed superior car speakers
- Furthermore, your lack of familarity with the sets that I named demonstrated that YOU are NOT QUALIFIED to make the assertion that MB Quarts are the best because you obviously do not know the "high-end" well enough.

Nobody here agrees with you because you're wrong.

Actually, no. I jumped in because you made a false claim and stated it as FACT. I'm glad that you're now retracting your unfounded statement and converted it to an "opinion."

...and opinions are like a$$holes...everyone has one.

I bet you thought that was pretty witty - but guess what...it wasn't. Another example of how you have poor insight into how unsophisticated and unknowledgable you really are.

How old are you...I would guess around 18.

SmellyGas
If I was 18 and owned a boat, a lightning and a BMW wow I must be doing pretty good for myself. Actually I am not and very qualified on the subject. You threw out 3 brands one which you overstated cost. You never provided facts of the products in use. I can throw out brands to doesnt make your brands better than mine. I would like to see them in a comaprison done by a reputable magazine that states they are better. I said it was my opinion that MB Quarts are the best. I never asked you to agree. You have not proved that MB Quarts are not the best.. or maybe my poor reading deceived me once again.

So in your Opinion $3000 alpines are better, Raibows are better, and Focal. So where are your facts that prove they are better in a real world setup? Not based on what the manufactuar claims as they all claim they are the best. Do you own and use any of these brands? Judging by your responses I still GUESS thats a no. So no where have I retracted my statement about MB Quarts. Is it possible I dont know every brand out there. Sure. I have a life so I dont get a woodie every time a new speaker comes out. I base my OPINION on my own experience and others in IASCA competetions. I didnt ask the hmm let me count 5 people who posted to agree with me. Thank god there are millions and millions of people in the world. Because 5 people didnt agree with me I might not sleep tonight. Oh well I guess the 5 people are the source for the world on speakers. Next time I talk to a stereo shop I will make sure they consult with you since you are all knowing on the subject.

Untill then smelly keep smelling the smelly gas cause you are high on something and its definately not your education level.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 08:09 PM   #55
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
If you are such a pro attach pictures of your systems. It is so easy for people to claim to be somethign that they are not. Like I said MB Quart wins more than 50 % of the time. I will put MB Quarts agaisnt any speaker you can suggest. When the pink noise CD goes in I guarantee any plain old speaker will not do.

You have your opinion and I have mine. Mine is based on facts whats your based on?
It is obvious from reading Tierfreund's posts that he knows what he's talking about in this regard. Open your mind some, there's an opporutnity for you to learn a thing or two here.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 08:12 PM   #56
ItalyBMW325
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
It is obvious from reading Tierfreund's posts that he knows what he's talking about in this regard. Open your mind some, there's an opporutnity for you to learn a thing or two here.

Me and Tierfreund have reached common ground. I always keep an open mind.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #57
ItalyBMW325
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
OH NO. Here is a forum that asks just that question MB or Rainbows. Some disagreed with you Smelly. I dont think they knew you were all knowing. I will make a post on there forum letting them know to contact you before making absurd opinions.

http://the12volt.com/installbay/foru...&PN=8&get=last

Although maybe 'Forbiddens' post was best - They are both a stellar set of speakers that you can not go wrong with either way.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 08:53 PM   #58
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
If I was 18 and owned a boat, a lightning and a BMW wow I must be doing pretty good for myself.
Sorry, but you sound like you're probably not that much older based on the sophistication in your writing and your lack of reasoning ability.

Quote:
You threw out 3 brands one which you overstated cost. You never provided facts of the products in use.
I named three speaker models that are so well-regarded among members of the audiophile community, that most would agree that they are superior to the MB Q's. Thus, your lack of familiarity with any of the major competitors to MBQ's Q-series demonstrates that you really don't know what you're talking about when you make your claim.

HOW CAN YOU CLAIM THAT MB QUARTS ARE THE BEST WHEN YOU'RE NOT EVEN FAMILIAR WITH ITS MAJOR COMPETITOR MODELS????

It is impossible to "prove" that any speakers are the "best," because there are no objective measurements that completely account for "sound quality." For someone who claims to have such knowledge about car audio, you should know this already.

I said it was my opinion that MB Quarts are the best. I never asked you to agree. You have not proved that MB Quarts are not the best.. or maybe my poor reading deceived me once again.

Quote:
So in your Opinion $3000 alpines are better, Raibows are better, and Focal.
For the third time, it is not relevant to this discussion what these speakers cost. You keep bringing this up again as if it somehow contributes to your argument (hint: it doesn't.)

Quote:
So no where have I retracted my statement about MB Quarts. Is it possible I dont know every brand out there.
Then you cannot make a claim that MB Quarts are the best. Simple. (Even more so, since you obviously aren't even familiar with the common competitors to the MB Quart Q-series.)

Quote:
I have a life so I dont get a woodie every time a new speaker comes out.
From the way you repeatedly reference IASCA like the bible, I would infer that you probably don't have a life.

Quote:
I base my OPINION on my own experience and others in IASCA competetions.
Good, so it's settled. It's now your OPINION that MB Quarts are the best car speakers.

Quote:
I didnt ask the hmm let me count 5 people who posted to agree with me. ... Next time I talk to a stereo shop I will make sure they consult with you since you are all knowing on the subject.
#1 - the fact that NOBODY here agrees with you says a lot...especially people who clearly have more experience in car audio than you.
#2 - stereo shops are in the business to SELL their speakers for profit. They are NOT a source for objective speaker comparisons.
#3 - just because MB Quarts are frequently used in IASCA does NOT mean they are the best speaker (especially when we know how often MBQ provides sponsorship).

Quote:
Untill then smelly keep smelling the smelly gas cause you are high on something and its definately not your education level.
Ironic, that somebody who clearly has the language sophistication of a 16 year old and the reasoning ability of an 14 year old has the audacity to challenge the education of level of myself and others here.

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2006, 10:35 PM   #59
visor
BMW, can I have some LSD please?
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 F30 340i xDrive

Tierfreund, thanks for all your insight... and impeccable restraint!

Smellygas, why even bother with...

ItalyBMW325,
2017 340i xDrive | Estoril | Black | Al | 8AT | M Package
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2006, 02:33 AM   #60
ItalyBMW325
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry, but you sound like you're probably not that much older based on the sophistication in your writing and your lack of reasoning ability.

I named three speaker models that are so well-regarded among members of the audiophile community, that most would agree that they are superior to the MB Q's. Thus, your lack of familiarity with any of the major competitors to MBQ's Q-series demonstrates that you really don't know what you're talking about when you make your claim.

HOW CAN YOU CLAIM THAT MB QUARTS ARE THE BEST WHEN YOU'RE NOT EVEN FAMILIAR WITH ITS MAJOR COMPETITOR MODELS????

It is impossible to "prove" that any speakers are the "best," because there are no objective measurements that completely account for "sound quality." For someone who claims to have such knowledge about car audio, you should know this already.

I said it was my opinion that MB Quarts are the best. I never asked you to agree. You have not proved that MB Quarts are not the best.. or maybe my poor reading deceived me once again.

For the third time, it is not relevant to this discussion what these speakers cost. You keep bringing this up again as if it somehow contributes to your argument (hint: it doesn't.)

Then you cannot make a claim that MB Quarts are the best. Simple. (Even more so, since you obviously aren't even familiar with the common competitors to the MB Quart Q-series.)

From the way you repeatedly reference IASCA like the bible, I would infer that you probably don't have a life.

Good, so it's settled. It's now your OPINION that MB Quarts are the best car speakers.

#1 - the fact that NOBODY here agrees with you says a lot...especially people who clearly have more experience in car audio than you.
#2 - stereo shops are in the business to SELL their speakers for profit. They are NOT a source for objective speaker comparisons.
#3 - just because MB Quarts are frequently used in IASCA does NOT mean they are the best speaker (especially when we know how often MBQ provides sponsorship).

Ironic, that somebody who clearly has the language sophistication of a 16 year old and the reasoning ability of an 14 year old has the audacity to challenge the education of level of myself and others here.

SmellyGas
I rest my case. You now contradicted yourself. I will not post anymore here until you can provide something worth reading until then... Oh since you said you know.. how often does MB Quart provide sponsorship?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2006, 10:19 AM   #61
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep

[QUOTE=ItalyBMW325]I rest my case. You now contradicted yourself. I will not post anymore here until you can provide something worth reading until then... [QUOTE]

Not surprisingly, you addressed NONE of my arguments.

Let me reiterate:
How can you possibly claim that MB Quarts make the best car speakers, when you admit you aren't even familiar with its common competitors?

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2006, 10:25 AM   #62
smellygas
Private First Class
Rep

Tierfeund, thank you very much for all the helpful installation info...especially the stuff about the door conduit and the speaker depth/mounting. They sure don't make it easy for aftermarket installations. I will get a copy of those BMW manuals on CD too, as you suggest. You've been an incredible resource. Thanks again!

SmellyGas
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2006, 02:20 AM   #63
Tierfreund
Major
Rep

I finally found the ultimate speaker:

http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main...products_id=24

With this, we can put this thread to rest
      02-19-2006, 08:33 PM   #64
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I have the middle class JL audio components installed at the moment, but i do prefer MB Quarts. I'm not taking anyone's side here though

Appreciate 0