BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #1
CJ///M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Dealer probs..

So this morning I take my 135 into the dealer right around 7:45am.. They open at 7:30am. It's currently out of warranty, but I am getting an oil change, possibly a new door speaker replaced and new O2 sensor.. Bringing it in so early you would think they would get a jump start on it and have most or some of the day to work on it..

So my advisor calls me right about 4pm and tells me there is no update and the car isn't even in the shop.

Now I'm not mad since I have a daily I can drive but just the fact that they haven't even started or looked at it yet just starts a little fire in me.

I don't know if anyone else has had problems like this? I guess the dealer just puts me at the end of the line or something..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 07:55 AM   #2
chris82
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 BMW 128i  [9.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ///M View Post
So this morning I take my 135 into the dealer right around 7:45am.. They open at 7:30am. It's currently out of warranty, but I am getting an oil change, possibly a new door speaker replaced and new O2 sensor.. Bringing it in so early you would think they would get a jump start on it and have most or some of the day to work on it..

So my advisor calls me right about 4pm and tells me there is no update and the car isn't even in the shop.

Now I'm not mad since I have a daily I can drive but just the fact that they haven't even started or looked at it yet just starts a little fire in me.

I don't know if anyone else has had problems like this? I guess the dealer just puts me at the end of the line or something..
I've had problems like this even at independent shops I thought I could count on. I had an appointment to have new coilovers installed. I bring it by first thing in the morning and I wait AT THE SHOP working from my laptop for the whole day, only to find out it's still parked outside at 5:30 when I leave. An entire day wasted. Needless to say, I haven't been back since, nor will I recommend them to anyone
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I found that if I make an appointment or call ahead and speak to my SA about how busy they are, I don't ever have an issue getting my car worked on in a timely manner. If the work is going to possibly be all day or spill into multiple days, I always get a loaner set aside for me. Again this is provided I call ahead and talk to the SA about why I'm bringing the car in. Recently, I had set up for my car to have the routine maintenance done while I waited. Drove it in late morning, and they proceeded to work on my car. An issue cropped up with my key fob syncing with the DME to get updated stats on my car. The SA wanted to keep the car to figure out what was going on. So I got put into a loaner car and off I went.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #4
CJ///M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

So they called me and finally gave me an update..

They "say" the transmission is "leaking" and they will need to take the transmission out to replace a gasket.. I say that's a bunch of bull and requested pictures. Don't know if I can trust dealers anymore..
Appreciate 0