BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)
 





 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-09-2013, 08:52 AM   #23
ivan-128i
bmw
 
ivan-128i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 128i SportPackage
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Montreal

Posts: 133
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava111 View Post
Andrew! And if you put a filter in the regular housing K & N and instead of slots in your install guide, it makes sense to take action on? http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...BA1&brandID=87
If you want to install the scoops, just buy the CYBA one's. They are the cheapest on the market and will do the same job. You can find his listings in Commercial Sales section.
__________________
BMS, BMW PE, BMW SSK, AFE Magnum FORCE Stage-2 SI intake, BMW Gloss Black Kidneys, Ambergone's, Tinted Tail Lights, Black gloss Shadowline, Carbon Fiber mirrors, StanceTek Spacers 10mmFront 12mm Back, DISA 3-Stage Intake manifold waiting to be installed
ivan-128i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #24
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
yes buy Cyba scoops, if you want scoops ( only 3 hp after 100km/h speed): http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458500

Yes buy K&N oiled filter for your original european airbox and some electronic contacts cleaner/ MAF sensor cleaner incase you need to clean your MAF. recommended if you buy K&N oiled filter

or any other filter that i mentioned( BMW performance dry filter, AFE dry filter)


EDIT:
I love my Dry aFe euro filter inside my EuroBox
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 02-09-2013 at 11:58 PM.
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #25
Slava111
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 125 ///M Performance
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Russian Federation

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
yes buy Cyba scoops, if you want scoops ( only 3 hp after 100km/h speed): http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458500

Yes buy K&N oiled filter for your original european airbox and some electronic contacts cleaner/ MAF sensor cleaner incase you need to clean your MAF. recommended if you buy K&N oiled filter

or any other filter that i mentioned( BMW performance dry filter, AFE dry filter)

EDIT:
I love my Dry aFe euro filter inside my EuroBox
Andrey What do you think of the intake system Simota CBII (CB2) Carbon Fiber Intake System (CBII-914)?
Slava111 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #26
Slava111
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 125 ///M Performance
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Russian Federation

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Barring rasschet money! Andrew what would you advise me to choose? Yet inlet injen or still do as you only replace the filter? I'm just trying not to hurt the motor and get the maximum gain and the sound of the horses! Thanks for the tip!
Slava111 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #27
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava111 View Post
Andrey What do you think of the intake system Simota CBII (CB2) Carbon Fiber Intake System (CBII-914)?

Barring rasschet money! Andrew what would you advise me to choose? Yet inlet injen or still do as you only replace the filter? I'm just trying not to hurt the motor and get the maximum gain and the sound of the horses! Thanks for the tip!
Simota CBII is the same as Ingen, same idea, but cheaper ( it has no metal pipe to throttle body.

I think Ingen has an oiled filter, so you will need to clean it and spray new oil. this is the same as any K&N filter, or oiled aFe. With any oiled filters it is recommended to buy cleaner for electronics contacts, also sold as MAF cleaner ( look here for example Link to MAF cleaner )

If you cannot find this spray where you live, I dont recommend you buy anything with an oiled filter. In that case you must select Dry filter. I hope Ingen sells one too.

For maximum sound and maybe the best performance in the perfect weather: Ingen, do not recommend Simota CBII, its too small of a solution ( just a filter)

For performance in hot weather and city traffic, people recommend closed box intake so that you dont breathe hot air. You are lucky to have 125i in Europe, your original airbox is already have the system that is alot like aFe Magnum Si

So if money is not important, in this order:
1) get a chip tune for your 125i to make it close to 130i power, cost will be close to $1000 ( no intake system will do this much horsepower)
2) buy complete BMW performance 125i/130i ($700), Simota for 130i ($750) (Link Simota)
3) Cyba scoops for extra 2 horespower

If money is important but you want the best sound & to copy Simota for 130i,
1) Buy a filter from K&N Part# E-2022 ($50 , but only if you can find electronics cleaner), if you cant find cleaner, buy BMW performance Filter 13710445636 ( $100+) or AFe dry Part # 11-10111 ($70)
2) please cut: http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...b0e4ea9fb977dc
3) Cyba scoops for extra 2 horespower

Just changing filter can be enough, and you should start here before you cut your air box.

Good luck. I am repeating my self too much
Believe me, I thought about every option possible and learned that there is not much difference except the price and how pretty it looks
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 02-10-2013 at 10:13 PM.
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-10-2013, 11:57 PM   #28
631twentyeighteye
Lieutenant Colonel
 
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 130i MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (6)

To clarify the injen intake has a dry filter and an oiled filter! i have the blue dry filter on mine and its great.
__________________
3 stage manifold, Mapleridge headers, AA tune, Injen intake, 135i exhaust fitted to 128 mids, blackline tails, Depo headlights w/ 8000k LED angel eyes and xenons, 8000k xenon fogs, Lowered on eibach springs, m3 lower control arms, 264's in anthracite with a red lip wrapped in hankook v12's
631twentyeighteye is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #29
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
^^Awesome , I didn't know that.
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      02-11-2013, 02:59 AM   #30
Slava111
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: BMW 125 ///M Performance
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Russian Federation

Posts: 35
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
Simota CBII is the same as Ingen, same idea, but cheaper ( it has no metal pipe to throttle body.

I think Ingen has an oiled filter, so you will need to clean it and spray new oil. this is the same as any K&N filter, or oiled aFe. With any oiled filters it is recommended to buy cleaner for electronics contacts, also sold as MAF cleaner ( look here for example Link to MAF cleaner )

If you cannot find this spray where you live, I dont recommend you buy anything with an oiled filter. In that case you must select Dry filter. I hope Ingen sells one too.

For maximum sound and maybe the best performance in the perfect weather: Ingen, do not recommend Simota CBII, its too small of a solution ( just a filter)

For performance in hot weather and city traffic, people recommend closed box intake so that you dont breathe hot air. You are lucky to have 125i in Europe, your original airbox is already have the system that is alot like aFe Magnum Si

So if money is not important, in this order:
1) get a chip tune for your 125i to make it close to 130i power, cost will be close to $1000 ( no intake system will do this much horsepower)
2) buy complete BMW performance 125i/130i ($700), Simota for 130i ($750) (Link Simota)
3) Cyba scoops for extra 2 horespower

If money is important but you want the best sound & to copy Simota for 130i,
1) Buy a filter from K&N Part# E-2022 ($50 , but only if you can find electronics cleaner), if you cant find cleaner, buy BMW performance Filter 13710445636 ( $100+) or AFe dry Part # 11-10111 ($70)
2) please cut: http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...b0e4ea9fb977dc
3) Cyba scoops for extra 2 horespower

Just changing filter can be enough, and you should start here before you cut your air box.

Good luck. I am repeating my self too much
Believe me, I thought about every option possible and learned that there is not much difference except the price and how pretty it looks
Andrew thank you very much for the advice! I read many reviews about the injen intake on this forum, the positive reviews as well as the owners of 128 125. I decided to try it! injen supplied with dry blue filter and a heat shield! I hope to be content! if not then I'll go your way with Duct 125! put everything, I will write a review here!
Slava111 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 11:20 AM   #31
insane79
Major
 
insane79's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
yes buy Cyba scoops, if you want scoops ( only 3 hp after 100km/h speed): http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458500

Yes buy K&N oiled filter for your original european airbox and some electronic contacts cleaner/ MAF sensor cleaner incase you need to clean your MAF. recommended if you buy K&N oiled filter

or any other filter that i mentioned( BMW performance dry filter, AFE dry filter)


EDIT:
I love my Dry aFe euro filter inside my EuroBox
Hi,
Is the bmw performance filter & the k&n filter different? i thought they are the same.

Thanks..

Last edited by insane79; 01-14-2014 at 01:14 PM.
insane79 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 12:01 PM   #32
pj.rodriguez
Major
 
pj.rodriguez's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 128i Cabrio
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Posts: 1,019
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava111 View Post
Andrey What do you think of the intake system Simota CBII (CB2) Carbon Fiber Intake System (CBII-914)?

Barring rasschet money! Andrew what would you advise me to choose? Yet inlet injen or still do as you only replace the filter? I'm just trying not to hurt the motor and get the maximum gain and the sound of the horses! Thanks for the tip!
Simota CBII is the same as Ingen, same idea, but cheaper ( it has no metal pipe to throttle body.

I think Ingen has an oiled filter, so you will need to clean it and spray new oil. this is the same as any K&N filter, or oiled aFe. With any oiled filters it is recommended to buy cleaner for electronics contacts, also sold as MAF cleaner ( look here for example Link to MAF cleaner )

If you cannot find this spray where you live, I dont recommend you buy anything with an oiled filter. In that case you must select Dry filter. I hope Ingen sells one too.

For maximum sound and maybe the best performance in the perfect weather: Ingen, do not recommend Simota CBII, its too small of a solution ( just a filter)

For performance in hot weather and city traffic, people recommend closed box intake so that you dont breathe hot air. You are lucky to have 125i in Europe, your original airbox is already have the system that is alot like aFe Magnum Si

So if money is not important, in this order:
1) get a chip tune for your 125i to make it close to 130i power, cost will be close to $1000 ( no intake system will do this much horsepower)
2) buy complete BMW performance 125i/130i ($700), Simota for 130i ($750) (Link Simota)
3) Cyba scoops for extra 2 horespower

If money is important but you want the best sound & to copy Simota for 130i,
1) Buy a filter from K&N Part# E-2022 ($50 , but only if you can find electronics cleaner), if you cant find cleaner, buy BMW performance Filter 13710445636 ( $100+) or AFe dry Part # 11-10111 ($70)
2) please cut: http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...b0e4ea9fb977dc
3) Cyba scoops for extra 2 horespower

Just changing filter can be enough, and you should start here before you cut your air box.

Good luck. I am repeating my self too much
Believe me, I thought about every option possible and learned that there is not much difference except the price and how pretty it looks
Isn't the bmw perf filter (euro) the same as the e-2022? Btw I bought that euro and installed it. Just looking for a filter.
__________________
2008 128i E88 / Alpine White / Boston Leather Sport / 6AT / M3 Paddle Shifters / M-Sport Suspension / PIAA Xtreme White 4150K Angel Eyes / Rear Fogs Enabled / Cyba Air Scoops / Euro Airbox / BMW Performance Exhaust (waiting for spring to install) /
pj.rodriguez is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #33
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
E2202 from k&n is oiled
BMW euro perf is not oiled

Alternatives are afe dry and piper cross piled from Ecs tunning

I ordered my afe from amazon to canda. Came out okay price.

Also dry is the preferred choice here because it's not oiled

Others order 2 of k&n so that they can cycle it between cleanings
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 02:15 PM   #34
insane79
Major
 
insane79's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
E2202 from k&n is oiled
BMW euro perf is not oiled
Oh i didn't know that, i thought the bmw performance filter is a k&n itself, does the bmw performance filter have a k&n logo or trademark on it? i got a Euro N52 engine so i got the Euro air box, confused which air filter i should go for? k&n oiled or bmw performance one which is dry

Thanks..
insane79 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 02:27 PM   #35
631twentyeighteye
Lieutenant Colonel
 
631twentyeighteye's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 130i MT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Long island

Posts: 1,618
iTrader: (6)

Always go for dry IMO. If you over oil it by accident the oil can ruin the MAF sensor. no sense in an unnecessary risk.
__________________
3 stage manifold, Mapleridge headers, AA tune, Injen intake, 135i exhaust fitted to 128 mids, blackline tails, Depo headlights w/ 8000k LED angel eyes and xenons, 8000k xenon fogs, Lowered on eibach springs, m3 lower control arms, 264's in anthracite with a red lip wrapped in hankook v12's
631twentyeighteye is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #36
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
 
TheSt|G's Avatar
 
Drives: 130is 6MT, E39 M5, E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Outside Philly

Posts: 3,179
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
E2202 from k&n is oiled
BMW euro perf is not oiled

Alternatives are afe dry and piper cross piled from Ecs tunning

I ordered my afe from amazon to canda. Came out okay price.

Also dry is the preferred choice here because it's not oiled

Others order 2 of k&n so that they can cycle it between cleanings
I'm pretty sure the Euro performance filter is oiled. Mine at least came with one and I tossed it for the dry normal Euro filter.
__________________
130is MSport 6MT/ SuperSprint Headers & Exhaust with Swain Tech Race Coat / DISA Manifold / EVOLVE Tune / TCK DA Coilovers / Euro CF Intake/Box / BMW v1 Wheel / BBS RGRs with PSS / F30 Brake Shield / BMW CF Spoiler & Diffuser / Blackline Tails / Rear Fogs Enabled / Front Fogs Delete / CDV Delete / BMW Black Kidneys / M5 Illuminated Knob / BMW Stripe
TheSt|G is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #37
andrey_gta
Colonel
 
andrey_gta's Avatar
 
Drives: 130i coupé ;)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bimmerpost

Posts: 2,589
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by insane79 View Post
i got a Euro N52 engine so i got the Euro air box, confused which air filter i should go for? k&n oiled or bmw performance one which is dry

Thanks..
BMW perf filter is ultra expensive for what it is. You are better off with aFe dry for price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
I'm pretty sure the Euro performance filter is oiled. Mine at least came with one and I tossed it for the dry normal Euro filter.
The info i'm getting is from babybmw forums. Also BMW does not give a recharge kit for its filter as part of the complete euro perf intake system.

Did you get aFe Dry or the actual BMW round regular paper filter
__________________
128i Sport 6MT converted to Euro 130i spec, tuned by evolve ~220 whp 207 wtq(ft-lb) SAE
In-progress: n54 ssk, m3 trans mnt, e36M lip Wishlist: m3 susp, n55 eng mnt, headers, LSD, finn dif e60


"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
andrey_gta is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #38
insane79
Major
 
insane79's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
BMW perf filter is ultra expensive for what it is. You are better off with aFe dry for price.
hmmmn, does the bmw performance filter have K&n trademark on it? anyone who seen it can share some light?

Thanks..
insane79 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 03:49 PM   #39
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
 
TheSt|G's Avatar
 
Drives: 130is 6MT, E39 M5, E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Outside Philly

Posts: 3,179
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
The info i'm getting is from babybmw forums. Also BMW does not give a recharge kit for its filter as part of the complete euro perf intake system.

Did you get aFe Dry or the actual BMW round regular paper filter
Both were OE BMW. One was the round Euro Perf filter which was oiled, while the other was the stock Euro filter, which was dry. I opted for the dry.
__________________
130is MSport 6MT/ SuperSprint Headers & Exhaust with Swain Tech Race Coat / DISA Manifold / EVOLVE Tune / TCK DA Coilovers / Euro CF Intake/Box / BMW v1 Wheel / BBS RGRs with PSS / F30 Brake Shield / BMW CF Spoiler & Diffuser / Blackline Tails / Rear Fogs Enabled / Front Fogs Delete / CDV Delete / BMW Black Kidneys / M5 Illuminated Knob / BMW Stripe
TheSt|G is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2014, 06:08 PM   #40
insane79
Major
 
insane79's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (0)

So the bmw performance filter(dry one) will fit in my stock euro air box just fine?

Thanks..
insane79 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2014, 01:02 AM   #41
livewire85
Enlisted Member
 
livewire85's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Folsom, CA

Posts: 46
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW  [0.00]
I would recommend the injen intake. I've had it on my 128i for about eight months now and I couldn't be happier with it. Great sound, easy install, and no issues whatsoever.
Attached Images
 
livewire85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #42
insane79
Major
 
insane79's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 lci
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth

Posts: 1,029
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by livewire85 View Post
I would recommend the injen intake. I've had it on my 128i for about eight months now and I couldn't be happier with it. Great sound, easy install, and no issues whatsoever.
I m sure it will sound nice but i m not a fan of open filters..
insane79 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17 AM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST