E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Help - Should I?

11-29-2005, 09:36 AM   #23
GAMEgates
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: SpaceGray e92 335

Whoa whoa whoa.. Im capable of labeling MY parents, I Live with them "You Just Dont Know". I just briefly described them in regards to their spending habits. I am going to thank you for your criticism though, changed my perspective a little bit.

Oh, and im fully aware of the concept of "hard earned money" i learned that from my parents. axie spare me dude... lol
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 09:52 AM   #24
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEgates
WhatUp! Im new on here and i need some advice... Im 18 and im looking to get into a 325i (buy), im trading in my current vehicle (which is my father's) and i was wondering "Can I afford a 325?" I'd like it to be basic w/ STEP n Xenons.. My parents are of course, against my decision telling me i wont be capable of affording one..All you young cats on here -> Are you breaking your back just to afford a 3? What are you guys paying?
please your feedback would help...
These are what others are doing, my 18 yr old is in college, drives a '00 96k used Protege, my other 17 yr old honor HS, drive an hand me down '92 Geo Trakker 87k and has a P/T job at a nursery. Im buying them a new cars once they finish college!
Can you wait! maybe get a used E46 BMW if any!
..... the fun will still be there!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 10:06 AM   #25
zdognaylor
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i electric red

I'm 27 turning 28 in just over a month and a half. I put 2500.00 down on a 36mo. lease and my payments are only 480.00 a month. i think leasing is definitely the way to go. You don'thave to put down a huge down payment and you get a new bimmer every three years.
      11-29-2005, 10:28 AM   #26
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
You are spoiled and full of yourself. What your parents have, they earned. They shouldnt have to buy you anything if they think you dont deserve it.

At any rate. Buy an E46. They are much cheaper now that the E90's came and you can get a great deal on one if you say the right things.

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 10:42 AM   #27
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by poldim
You are spoiled and full of yourself. What your parents have, they earned. They shouldnt have to buy you anything if they think you dont deserve it.

At any rate. Buy an E46. They are much cheaper now that the E90's came and you can get a great deal on one if you say the right things.
Get a used ZHP if you can find one. Just as quick and looks better than an E90 imo.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 10:56 AM   #28
axie
Rep
Drives: 325 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEgates
Whoa whoa whoa.. Im capable of labeling MY parents, I Live with them "You Just Dont Know". I just briefly described them in regards to their spending habits. I am going to thank you for your criticism though, changed my perspective a little bit.

Oh, and im fully aware of the concept of "hard earned money" i learned that from my parents. axie spare me dude... lol
OK, fair enough, not all parents are angels. But just remember what they have done for you over the years - I'm told it costs $200-$300k to raise a child in the US or UK these days. (and I have 3...) That's two nice Ferraris...

Anyway - why an E90? That's for middle-aged geezers like me. Get a Z4 if you want a BMW babe-magnet.... ;-)

a.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 11:06 AM   #29
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by axie
OK, fair enough, not all parents are angels. But just remember what they have done for you over the years - I'm told it costs $200-$300k to raise a child in the US or UK these days. (and I have 3...) That's two nice Ferraris...

Anyway - why an E90? That's for middle-aged geezers like me. Get a Z4 if you want a BMW babe-magnet.... ;-)

a.
It's true you can buy Ferrari's instead of raising kids, but I bet your kids give you alot more joy? No? Well, they don't depreciate at any rate...they are a "growing" investment (if you'll excuse the punn)

An E90 is a babe magnet! They did one of those "study" things, and BMW drivers get alot more sex than porcshe drivers...cool ey?

:d
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 11:18 AM   #30
govtec
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
If you were his age, would you REALLY?
yes, i would. in fact my parents offered to let me borrow money from them for school to save from paying interest but i chose to borrow from bank and build my credit history. you can say i am not the norm! to each his own.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 11:22 AM   #31
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken1
It's true you can buy Ferrari's instead of raising kids, but I bet your kids give you alot more joy? No? Well, they don't depreciate at any rate...they are a "growing" investment (if you'll excuse the punn)

An E90 is a babe magnet! They did one of those "study" things, and BMW drivers get alot more sex than porcshe drivers...cool ey?

:d
Ferraris don't depreciate, silly.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2005, 11:24 AM   #32
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by govtec
yes, i would. in fact my parents offered to let me borrow money from them for school to save from paying interest but i chose to borrow from bank and build my credit history. you can say i am not the norm! to each his own.
That's very commendable. However, declining a loan and declining a gift are two different things.
Appreciate 0