BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
SouthFrame
Rep
Drives: black 1 series

Smile help on the little details

hi everyone, kinda new to this but i thought i could get some good openions of some people who acutely know what there talking about. just got my 135 back in june and i just got my windows tinted and got a new grill installed yesterday. the problem is i can't decide wether or not i like the old grill or the chrome one that was already on the car :/ . so i wanted to see what everyone thought of what was the best looking grill for a sapphire black 135i with tinted windows, i like both grills but just can't decide, maybe is there a different grill that might look good that i don't know about (like i said I'm new to this).
Also i wanted some suggestions about other things i can do to the car to make it look better or upgrade it in any way. thanks a lot everyone!
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
MPFit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i CSM

I personally like both the stock with chrome, and the performance gloss black.
I think that the gloss black is a more aggressive looking grill- more oriented to a modded car.
On the other hand, I feel the chrome grill is slightly more classy, and matches the BMW's well.

That being said, I think the gloss black performance grill actually looks better on every color I've seen it on. Again, the stock chrome looks good- but I think the performance gloss black looks even better- especially on a black car with tint.. and especially on a car equipped with M-Sport package (and shadowline trim).

Post pics, if you have them- I am sure you won't be unhappy with either, but if you had the grills installed, keep them on for a while and maybe you will warm up to them more.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2011, 08:45 AM   #3
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I just put pedals in my 128i from a ebay source - look for the piece in the cosmetic mods section. $49.99 delivered to my house including the dead pedal. Very nice quality, especially for the price.

Another tiny mod is to replace the tire valve caps. I hate the ones that came on my car. Jegs has some hex head chrome plated brass ones I put on my SUV but I put little aluminum ones from Harbor Freight on my bimmer (don't tell anybody). I also painted my calipers but your's came painted. If you want to outline the lettering on the caliper, you could do that. It is about $20 for a paint kit - I got that from JEGS too.

I put a rechargable flashlight in the accessory outlet under the arm rest. The dash is tiny and the little LED lights they get about $20 for are nice to have available - charged up.

I don't have homelink so I put flash2pass on. It opens the garage door with a double tap of the high beams. About $75.

Jim
      08-13-2011, 03:21 PM   #4
Eyeman
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 135 blk, blk, step

Garage List
Yep, it's key to figure out your theme. With some color cars it's failry obvious, with other like black cars it can be trickier. If you have a black car and do black grills then basically you are heading to a black out theme. Next thing you know you'll have black wheels and everything. My car is black sapphire also but I have the chrome around the windows. I started adding some carbon fiber so my choice on the grills was to use a carbon fiber outer grill with chrome inner fins.

Good luck and have fun!
Injen, RR OCC, MadDad Whisper, donut spare, 19x8.5et43fr 19x9.5et45r Volk LE37's, rear fenders rolled/pulled, PSS4S 225/35fr 255/30r, KW V1's, AR coated catless dps, Cross strutbar, CF grills and license plate holder, iCarbon diffuser, ETS black anodized FMIC, M3 control arms, Quaife, ER chargepipe, ForgeDV's, Topspeed Custom Tune, V3sims, Braille, Andrey_GTA rear hub mod, Ebay Mstyle front bumper and performance style side skirts.
Appreciate 0