BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

01-28-2013, 02:26 AM   #67
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Frankly I'm surprised I haven't been banned before... I guess the mods haven't thought I have been out of line (yet)?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:46 AM   #68
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Tbh I am surprised Adrian didn't come giving us an update on the kit. Good or bad, quite often you get a lot of respect by telling it how it is!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 03:02 AM   #69
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBK View Post
Frankly I'm surprised I haven't been banned before... I guess the mods haven't thought I have been out of line (yet)?
No, you haven't - you might have just call it how it is, but never attack a person.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 03:03 AM   #70
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
You'd think so Pav, but in reality, acting high and mighty and getting defensive apparently works!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:09 AM   #71
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
.. I'm, a potential customer..
No.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #72
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
.. i'm an N54 owner who could have potentially been swayed to purchase the turbo kit you are affiliated with ..
No.

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #73
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
No.
No?

In what way is that a no?

I would actually consider a responsive ST setup

Well, if it were to fit RHD >_>
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 06:11 AM   #74
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
No.
?????
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #75
Curare86
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

if you want a ST upgrade, just get an N55
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #76
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86
I would rather drive my wife's 320d ST than an N55.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #77
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curare86 View Post
/thread

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2013, 11:51 PM   #78
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
No.
Quote:
No.

As per usual Kenny your timing is impeccable.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 12:23 AM   #79
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hey guys,

No Australian is a potential customer... unless you are running a LHD car. The ST kit does not support RHD, and there is currently no intention to develop this. Peter/Advan are developing something, and I wish them all the best with that and will do my best to support them in doing that. I never intend to ever sell a ST kit myself.

So my coming to this thread was merely to pull up some guys spreading misinformation. These guys are simply regurgitating info from other forums. The people spreading this information have never layed eyes on a ST. They have never driven one or spoken to someone who has, and if they have spoken to someone they are not expressing the views of that person. They are twisting the truth to suit their goals. Spreading rumors, and speculating in an attempt to discredit a company they have an issue with.

Anyone who relentlessly pursues proof of things is not a potential customer. Whatever we provide, will get picked to pieces. We are not interested in going down that path of an endless argument over the validity of data. We know our genuine customers for this product, and we will provide data to them as required.

As I am not selling these kits, I have no intention of providing information beyond what the actual sellers of this kit provide This info is available in the E90 general forum. If they choose to provide more information that is up to them. I know more than is public on the ST kit. I have been intimately involved in the development of the kit, and I know the issues and the solutions we have done. But that is our IP and if Vishnu USA decides to release that, it is their choice... not mine.

As it stands at this moment, the Vishnu/FFTEC ST kit is the only kit that has significant results (more than a video of a run through gears at low boost). Those significant results include basically all the N54 records (I am not sure if Hotrod did a better trap speed with NOS than out no-NOS ST). It may not be the bees knees.... but it is the only ST doing anything worthwhile at the current time. Perhaps that will change in the future. Time will tell.

Flinchy.... you are a keyboard warrior. You do a bit of research on the net, and then jump all over this like you are the expert. Personally, I am the sort of person who only acts like an expert if I believe I have some real life experience on the subject. If I give my opinions on meth, or a tune or whatever, it is because I have spent time with a car on a dyno building up my knowledge... not because I found a few forums with a few opinions and decided I was an expert based on that. I am pretty sure that when it comes to tuning cars, I qualify as an expert... on BMWs and plenty of other cars... and it is not because I learn lots on forums. It is from my own hands on experience working on cars and learning from many tuning experts in many workshops including Advan.

Adrian
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #80
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Respect Adrian
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 02:37 AM   #81
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Adrian and Peter@Advan are experts in the field and both top blokes. You couldn't do better doing business with either or both of them.

This is not my first rodeo and I trust both these guys with my cars.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 02:39 AM   #82
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:

That would be because you have their nudie pics I bet
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 02:41 AM   #83
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineM3E92 View Post
That would be because you have their nudie pics I bet
Yes but that's not important right now.

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #84
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde
Adrian and Peter@Advan are experts in the field and both top blokes. You couldn't do better doing business with either or both of them.

The problem isn't are they capable, it's about integrity! I trust Pete with my selfies but....
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 04:07 AM   #85
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Hey guys,

No Australian is a potential customer... unless you are running a LHD car. The ST kit does not support RHD, and there is currently no intention to develop this. Peter/Advan are developing something, and I wish them all the best with that and will do my best to support them in doing that. I never intend to ever sell a ST kit myself.
why is that?

same block, same ECU, same everything except for the steering rack, which a custom downpipe (assuming they took the 'easy' route straight( would work around nicely).. ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post
Flinchy.... you are a keyboard warrior. You do a bit of research on the net, and then jump all over this like you are the expert. Personally, I am the sort of person who only acts like an expert if I believe I have some real life experience on the subject. If I give my opinions on meth, or a tune or whatever, it is because I have spent time with a car on a dyno building up my knowledge... not because I found a few forums with a few opinions and decided I was an expert based on that. I am pretty sure that when it comes to tuning cars, I qualify as an expert... on BMWs and plenty of other cars... and it is not because I learn lots on forums. It is from my own hands on experience working on cars and learning from many tuning experts in many workshops including Advan.

Adrian
haha, ok

i wasn't going to post this

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe View Post
So track wasn't what I had hoped for. I had a couple issues (timing would zero out in 4th if I used NLS or if I shifted too quickly). Ran a little bit of race gas so I could hot lap (got there late, 1:30), but left the boost level at what I daily drive at ~23-24psi to get a feel of what it could do in the street setup.

Bottom line:
I ran 12.0x at 124.89 mph.

Needless to say I was disappointed. I think a big factor in this is my gearing. 4th gear is just too long. At 125mph, 4th gear is under 6000rpm. I think I see a 3.46 rear end with LSD in the very near future.

My drag radials are very, very bald so that made it tough to get out the hole. I have new ones coming in Thursday. I'm also going to get a dedicated wheel setup for the strip eventually.

I'm not sure how others were running. My friend who has a 730whp 2013 GT500 was trapping around ~129mph. He was happy he finally broke 10s though.

Last, my VBOX was reading usually 0.3s slower than my slip. On one of my 12.0x runs, it read 12.2. MPH was just about always 1mph faster (expected). I really think the timing blocks at PBIR are not setup correctly. My 60' times seem a lot better than how they feel from experience...and I have done probably 400 passes in this car. I datalogged all my runs, I'll post up some of those as well as the slips. I wrote the VBOX time and mph on each slip as well so I wouldn't forget the discrepancy. Unfortunately, I couldn't confirm with someone else who had a VBOX if there's was showing the same discrepancies as mine. Maybe my VBOX could be wrong? I don't know, but if I had to guess I'd say it wasn't and that PBIR has inflated times (or deflated? cause they are lower?).
a few forums with a few opinions being the most knowledgable groups of people in the entire N54 world, where at most, two of the people there alone would have at least as much, if not more experience on the N54 than every single person on the entirety of Bimmerpost

add to that, every single customer of vishnus ST kit has, so far, nothing but 'it'll get better' to say about it, and at worst, has sold up... as far as has been reported, at least (yes there could be people running amazingly that just don't say anything either way)

your arguments (or lack thereof) is embarassing, and your continued profession that the products you're associated with are the number one choice (in one case being the only choice), while understandable (you'd get fired), is a detriment to the N54 community at large.

I may not know everything, i may not be a professional mechanic, and my hands on N54 experience may only be stripping an engine bare and (soon to be) putting it back together (), but i know a lot of shit, i have the combined knowledge of HUNDREDS of tuners, workshops, mechanics, consumers, reviews and much much more, at very ready disposal... i'm not an idiot, and i usually know when i'm right and when i'm wrong about something

and i know i'm right when i say 'if the vishnu ST kit was offered in RHD fitment (for whatever reason it isn't) it would not even remotely be an option for very very many reasons'... i'm not saying this will always be my opinion, i'm not saying the product is inherently bad or flawed, I wholly hope that development continues forwards for this product, as more choice is a good thing. but it's not there yet, it's not perfect, you can't just go out, buy it, get it fitted and tuned and have it work... you can't even do the above, do some troubleshooting and upgrading, and have it work.

just because armaspeed made the only supercharger kit for the N52, and for the N52 it held (holds?) every record.. that doesn't make it good.

you may well be an EXCELLENT mechanic, heck i trust MrBlonde saying you are, i know he doesn't (seem to?) particularly like me, but he knows stuff, but you are biased towards particular products on this platform, and that's a bad thing for this discussion.

i know the only 'working' other turbo upgrade is RB's... and vishnu's ST.. arguably works too, but soon this argument will be totally moot for obvious reasons.

and if all you can do is call me a keyboard warrior, i'm wrong about everything, and i can't do anything to change that? well lets let my build do the talking for my 'lack of expertise' ?

Last edited by flinchy; 01-29-2013 at 04:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 04:41 AM   #86
drjekl
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Some ppl may find this thread misguided but you have gotta love the passion

Just a hypothetical question Adrian, say there were 4 interested parties with a deposit paid for the ST kit, could it be possible to develop it for RHD?

I haven't looked at the kit at all to know why it isn't RHD compatible.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 04:58 AM   #87
BBK
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Wow, Adrian's most intelligent and mature post yet. Always seems to come after the sh1t hits the fan though...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2013, 05:50 AM   #88
jippii ensio
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
i'm not an idiot

Quote:
call me a keyboard warrior