BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

01-30-2013, 07:44 PM   #133
pavo335
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3.5 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Are you on shiv's payroll? As much as I love my PROcede and the hardwork that Adrian has put in, I don't see the need for you to go off like that.

Frankly, the initial response that flinchy got was 'STFU you don't know anything I don't need to prove anything because I know I'm good' which was extremely poor in attitude and information.

Asking for solid proof beyond 'I've done my work and I know it' is no more 'troll' than 'shut up, everyone else on the forums is wrong'
I dont know peeps get sooooo worked up
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:45 PM   #134
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano View Post
Hello my 1 series brethren.

Just want to get some facts in about dynos and such. (No I don't have 1/4 mile times, car is still getting wide body)

Shiv isn't the dyno queen anymore (at least he hasn't released the dynos showing he is).

First it was FBIS(654):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=651949
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706091

Then it was me(657):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=735215

And now it's Melissa(659):
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782823

Took me about 2 seconds to find those. Of course, they would read lower on the Aussie dynos. I'm running about 30whp less around town since I don't daily drive on race gas (CA 91oct )

Anyways, to sum up 9 pages of cockmacgyvering:
1) There are high horsepower dynos of customer singles, they are easy to find.
2) The 6AT are having shifting problems. They suck.
3) The 6MT misfires have been solved. Holding up well.
4) There are only two singles that have gone to run the 1/4 (that I know of). Both were 6MT. One was Shiv, who has short gearing and got a phenomenal launch and ran 10.8@131. The other is GeorgiaTech335Coupe, who ran a 12.0 at 124.89 and you can read about a few pages back.
5) The only 60-130 times are from Shiv, who's best times were 6.46s with -1.5% slope and 6.51s with 0.00% slope. Many people disregard anything Shiv does because hes a dirty little cheater and must be tampering with his VBOX.
6) There are no other single kits for sale yet, however the current progress is very promising.

Take it or leave it.
-Pete
Thankyou very much - are these results reproducable? ie could you go on any random dyno right now with the right fuel and there would be zero issues?

I guess i could not find them as they are all shivposts, it's hard to filter what's what.

6) ah so you're all just beta test cars then effectively? that makes a lot more sense and there would probably be less internet rage if this was publicly announced.. as most of the hate is to do with 'still selling' the product.

Would love to eventually see 1/4 and 60-130 (actual driving results) from the above 3 cars

ED: and if you're running 30whp less around town - can't believe it's only that much lower! full E85 tune should be insane.. so 657-30.. on a dynojet/mustang would be around 590-600whp maybe in your around town tune? notbad.jpg.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:47 PM   #135
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Just want to get some facts in about dynos and such. (No I don't have 1/4 mile times, car is still getting wide body)

Shiv isn't the dyno queen anymore (at least he hasn't released the dynos showing he is).

First it was FBIS(654):

Then it was me(657):

Took me about 2 seconds to find those. Of course, they would read lower on the Aussie dynos. I'm running about 30whp less around town since I don't daily drive on race gas (CA 91oct )

4) There are only two singles that have gone to run the 1/4 (that I know of). Both were 6MT. One was Shiv, who has short gearing and got a phenomenal launch and ran 10.8@131. The other is GeorgiaTech335Coupe, who ran a 12.0 at 124.89 and you can read about a few pages back.
5) The only 60-130 times are from Shiv, who's best times were 6.46s with -1.5% slope and 6.51s with 0.00% slope. Many people disregard anything Shiv does because hes a dirty little cheater and must be tampering with his VBOX.
6) There are no other single kits for sale yet, however the current progress is very promising.

Take it or leave it.
-Pete
Thanks for that, i started reading those theads but TLDR and the usual too and fro. good to hear its working for you TBH with all the hype around the kit (partly i suspect do to the previous failures and bullshit) and its potential i am surprised there aren't heaps of peeps jumping on this which is why i thought there must be something wrong.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #136
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
Thankyou very much - are these results reproducable? ie could you go on any random dyno right now with the right fuel and there would be zero issues?

I guess i could not find them as they are all shivposts, it's hard to filter what's what.

6) ah so you're all just beta test cars then effectively? that makes a lot more sense and there would probably be less internet rage if this was publicly announced.. as most of the hate is to do with 'still selling' the product.

Would love to eventually see 1/4 and 60-130 (actual driving results) from the above 3 cars

ED: and if you're running 30whp less around town - can't believe it's only that much lower! full E85 tune should be insane.. so 657-30.. on a dynojet/mustang would be around 590-600whp maybe in your around town tune? notbad.jpg.
Independent dyno:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711171

2 seconds on google buddy.

I'm not running E85 right now, just street gas + meth. I guess 600whp isn't very good for an around town tune
      01-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #137
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:

First it was FBIS(654):

Then it was me(657):

Take it or leave it.
-Pete
Good stuff

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #138
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavo335 View Post
Thanks for that, i started reading those theads but TLDR and the usual too and fro. good to hear its working for you TBH with all the hype around the kit (partly i suspect do to the previous failures and bullshit) and its potential i am surprised there aren't heaps of peeps jumping on this which is why i thought there must be something wrong.
Meh, there are some problems of course. The only thing I had go wrong was my O2 sensors went out. The forums are just a terrible place, so I stay away.
      01-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #139
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Independent dyno:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=711171

2 seconds on google buddy.

I'm not running E85 right now, just street gas + meth. I guess 600whp isn't very good for an around town tune
never said it wasn't good, considering it's a large fraction of race tune power haha

cool, thanks

and i guess you wouldn't have the same issues with wheel hop a lot of people are having? alot less torque should mean a lot less problems
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 07:54 PM   #140
Kirst
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BSM e82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainInsano

First it was FBIS(654):

Then it was me(657):

Take it or leave it.
-Pete
Thank you!!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #141
CaptainInsano
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
never said it wasn't good, considering it's a large fraction of race tune power haha

cool, thanks

and i guess you wouldn't have the same issues with wheel hop a lot of people are having? alot less torque should mean a lot less problems
It hasn't been too bad yet. I have metal diff bushings, suspension, etc, but I haven't been to the drag strip. (just Shift Sector and some road courses)

That lockdown kit looks very tempting though.
      01-30-2013, 08:03 PM   #142
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It hasn't been too bad yet. I have metal diff bushings, suspension, etc, but I haven't been to the drag strip. (just Shift Sector and some road courses)

That lockdown kit looks very tempting though.
I thought stuff went wrong at shift sector? or was that just the misfire thing? not sure if anyone ever fully cleared that up

Lockdown kit does look good, still a few people left to review initial sets.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #143
adrian@vishnu
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i

For the record. My comments on Flinchy were based on the fact that he said there were no good customer results. I was not going to find them for him, because I knew that whatever I posted would be questioned by him as he questioned CaptainInsano above on the validity of the dynos. Nothing I could have provided would have been acceptable. This has been my experience on these forums in the past, and I did not want to go down that road. I called him a keyboard warrior, and I have not seen anything to suggest this is not true. In fact now that Drawn exposed his car experience, I am more convinced of that. All his knowledge is gathered from a forum that is heavily biased against Vishnu. It took captain insano a few seconds to locate the info, but Flinchy who claims he is completely backed by facts and always cites his factual source (opinions on that forum are fact???) could not find the true facts. He stated here that no customer car had done over mid 500s, and his stated facts have been proven wrong. He pulled a few parts off an engine, and got all his knowledge from a forum negatively biased towards the product we are discussing, yet he struts his stuff here like he knows all there is to know. This is pretty much my textbook definition of a keyboard warrior.... maybe it differs to other peoples definition.

A quick read of a thread about this discussion on that other forum reveals how biased Flinchy is against Vishnu, which is what I suspected from the beginning, and hence why I refused to get into an argument over customer results which could only end badly for me. It ended badly for me anyway as it turned out. I should have aborted the discussion much earlier.

To be honest, I have been in this industry for probably too long now. I am intolerant of people who claim to know much but know little. I have been through this in many communities other than BMWs. I used to be a lot more tolerant, but I am not anymore. Since the internet and forums started, there are people like this. I do not suffer fools lightly, and unfortunately I argued with a fool. I should have had more patience, because as Kenny stated, I was dragged into the mud by a pig. My opinions on Flinchy are the same, but I should not have responded to it the way I did. Clearly my skills are more oriented at technical than sales and marketing.

That is not to say that I do not have all the time in the world to for people who are genuinely interested. It is just those that think they know better and do not that I cannot tolerate. I also have plenty of time for those who who think they know a lot and actually do. I think DZENNO has some good knowledge and experience, and is objective on a lot of things (though not all). I could have time to have a discussion with him, and I would on that other forum except that the last time I had a discussion there, my posts were edited/removed, so I am not going to waste time posting over there if it gets removed.

Looking forward to Flinchy's inevitable keyboard warrior post. Like a true keyboard warrior, he is incapable of leaving any post he disagrees with without a response to pump himself up. Drawn was the wise on in this thread.

By the way Flinchy... for the second time.... I am NOT a mechanic!!
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #144
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu View Post

By the way Flinchy... for the second time.... I am NOT a mechanic!!
my mistake, people were saying you worked on cars

are you an engineer or something then?

ED: FWIW if you'd posted those dyno results in the first place, at least half the discussion would never have happened (don't worry, i understand it must be company policy to not be up front or something..)..

Again (third time?) NOT biased against vishnu... not a huge fan of shiv himself, or the companies marketing strategy and habit of not releasing the whole story.. but nothing really against their products.. the only reason i'm selling the procede is I want to start from scratch, and its not the latest and greatest.. not because i think it's a bad product - although proving difficult to sell, probably due to the lock.

aaand opinions aren't facts, but logs, and .. well facts, rather than opinions, are facts. some things simply are because they are.

the only thing i disagree with is your style of personal attacks.

I thought we already decided this was over? I mean, I know I already worked out you're a person that has to be right because it's what they think and that's definitely right.. but come on. leave it alone.. And after the way you acted, especially as a company related rep, you don't get to try and take the high road here.

ED2: and drawn did NOT 'expose my car experience', i have no idea who drawn is or how he could possibly know what i have ever driven, but he's WRONG.

Last edited by flinchy; 01-30-2013 at 11:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2013, 12:40 AM   #145
pavo335
Banned
Rep

Seriously if this platform has hit the limits then it's time to look at a new platform
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread