BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #23
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
I took my car for a drive today and no matter what I do unless I completely push the buttons until no air is blowing my car blows hot air . I can push the snowflake button for AC and still blows hot air. Its only two months old and this is happening. The only thing I have done to it is install a JB4 but is was blowing cold after the install until now. Its hot out here in Germany. Anyone have this issue?
Have you had your refrigerant charge checked?

Tom
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #24
Jacko
Jacko 135
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2each 2012 335 Sport lines

I opened the hood up and noticed the clutch doesn't engage on the A/C compressor. So I imagine it some type of sensor that's bad or something. I took it in today and they are going to figure it out. They gave me a brand new X1 for a loaner. The X1 is a good running vehicle and its a diesel. Not the fastest thing though. I hope to hear something from them in the next couple days about the problem with the 135.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 01:28 PM   #25
Jacko
Jacko 135
Germany
Rep

Oh, no I didn't check the refrigerant because, I wanted to let the BMW service center figure it out. Its still under warranty so no big deal besides getting a little frustrated. And on top of that I got into my 1997 E36 318i and went to turn on the A/C and the blower doesn't work now but the night before it was working fine. No warranty on this beast as I'm sure you would be aware of so now I have to figure it out and not going to go to the BMW service center for that because it might cost more than what the car is worth to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 05:06 PM   #26
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko View Post
. And on top of that I got into my 1997 E36 318i and went to turn on the A/C and the blower doesn't work now but the night before it was working fine. No warranty on this beast as I'm sure you would be aware of so now I have to figure it out and not going to go to the BMW service center for that because it might cost more than what the car is worth to me.
Same thing happened to my 128i and it turned out to be the infamous final stage blower resistor - about $460 for parts & labor.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #27
Jacko
Jacko 135
Germany
Rep

I took it to the dealers service place and they took it in to see what it was and they ended up replacing the compressor. They told me it was really messed up and the clutch wasn't even present so it must of flew off somewhere? Maybe when my wife turned on the A/C when I had the speedo pegged at 160 going down the 6A autobahn. I'm still wondering why my car doesn't shut off at 155 like they said it would instead of still going after the 160 mark. My GPS shows 287 Kmh. I'll have to change it to MPH next time I'm out on the autobahn. Anyway the beast is fixed and has cold air once again. Now I have to install the JB4 to see what it does for it.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2017, 10:42 AM   #28
number15
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135is

THANK YOU INTERNET and thank you 1addicts. I thought I was in for a huge expense and reading this thread, the problem was solved. My temperature dial was in between clicks and going over bumps would turn the system on. Initially I thought I was hitting the air recycle button instead of track advance button and tried to comfort myself but after a half dozen more instances in the hour I pulled over and did a search on the forums. THANK YOU GUYS. Phew.
Appreciate 0