BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #23
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

Even though I used the BMW E46/M3 mounts and thrilled with the results, thought I would add this valuable input from Rogue Engineering, exposing the problem with the soft stock mounts quite well:

The transmission mounts in a BMW are a common part that is frequently overlooked. They are required to do many things in the vehicle, yet are not quite suitable for those who actually drive their BMWs. The transmission mount is designed to do the following: help stabilize the transmission under vehicle load allowing the shifter to engage into gear properly, and isolate vibration from the drivetrain to the chassis.

Under engine load, the transmission can wiggle left and right slightly. This wiggle gets worse when the car is being driven in turns. This unwanted movement may potentially cause the driver to miss shift, a costly error which will always be considered driver error.

http://europeanautosource.com/rogue-...on-mounts.html
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2014, 07:38 AM   #24
wolfe
Captain
Rep
Drives: e82 / e70 / r56 / r60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
Question, where are you guys buying your CDV?
I bought mine from zeckhausen racing.

It's the factory part and they've pressed out the restrictor. You can do it yourself, there's a minimal risk of distorting something which could cause a leak.

You can also just bypass it I believe, but you'll lose the factory appearance of the line.

I went this route because I could preserve the factory appearance while having the peace of mind that the restrictor was removed correctly.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #25
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfe View Post
I bought mine from zeckhausen racing.

It's the factory part and they've pressed out the restrictor. You can do it yourself, there's a minimal risk of distorting something which could cause a leak.

You can also just bypass it I believe, but you'll lose the factory appearance of the line.

I went this route because I could preserve the factory appearance while having the peace of mind that the restrictor was removed correctly.
Exactly, the part is only used if you want to keep the factory look. Otherwise, if we think of the line as A-B-C with B being the CDV, you can hookup A to C and toss B completely.
      03-09-2014, 02:38 PM   #26
andrey_gta
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
Exactly, the part is only used if you want to keep the factory look. Otherwise, if we think of the line as A-B-C with B being the CDV, you can hookup A to C and toss B completely.
this is how mine was done

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is
Appreciate 0